Gasoline - how much do you spend. ?

Gasoline (AR)- $1.19 including $.05 per gallon discount with Walmart Credit Card, which also gives me $5 off for every $500 spent.

I am frustrated with the utilities not reflecting the savings from Coal, Gas, Oil which are all at multi-year lows. I called our Electric Coop to ask why. Spoke with a nice lady that spent a lot of time walking me through all the reasons (excuses). Much had to do with the fact that they had chosen some years back to sign a 30 year coal contract out of Wyoming. So they are stuck and can't afford to buy it out apparently. And now they are stuck under the new Clean Air regulations with upgrading coal plants that probably should be shuttered or converted to natural gas but can't because of their hedging in coal.

We did recently see a $.01 per KW reduction on electric. Propane was $98 for 100# cylinder 10/2013 and is currently $78.

I use a tank every month or some times a tank and a half so 15 gallons at $2 or $4 doesn't matter much save $30-45 a month.

Spending about $3,000 to $3,500 a year on fuel. I travel to fishing tournaments a lot and we take our RV out frequently too; Yellowstone, Glacier, etc. Leaving next month for a few weeks in Utah.

Because we are gone a lot, our home energy is pretty small;
$120 a month for both propane and electric combined for a 5,000 sq ft house.

Thanks for a the insight.

My conclusion is that for those here, the lower gas prices are a drop in the bucket as far as savings and spending go and are perhaps ever so slightly a psychologically positive.
But this wellness is more than offset by broader deflation , wage stagnation, and stock market pains.

I spent about $150 on gas last year as I ride my bike more often than drive the car.

Last year's heating oil expense was $1000, this year's new natural gas furnace heating costs are $100 so far.

Back
Top Bottom