Heading under 10,000 on the way!

Also maybe you would have to sell your stone house and live in a parsonage. :(
Not necessarily. We could keep it as a rental, and possibly even to my FIL within the next couple of years as he's hoping to move down this way closer to us.

And as far as my w*rk goes, all I need is high speed Internet and a telephone, and we'd likely be within a couple hours of a company office if I had to go in for some reason.
It does not look like your wife's income will match your current salary, so it appears that you are planning for a simpler lifestyle if you want to ER. But, it appears your job isn't too bad, and not having to commute is a big plus. Why not hanging on a bit more to beef up your portfolio for a higher safety margin?

It does not look like your wife's income will match your current salary, so it appears that you are planning for a simpler lifestyle if you want to ER. But, it appears your job isn't too bad, and not having to commute is a big plus. Why not hanging on a bit more to beef up your portfolio for a higher safety margin?
I think you misunderstood. I can work from home wherever I have a high speed Internet connection and a phone.

I plan to w*rk for a few more years if they'll have me. I merely said this *could* accelerate when I can pull the plug. But until then, I'm not tied to where we live by my j*b.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, really...

Yesterday, consumer sentiment was reported UP.
Today, durable goods order UP.
In my before-tax account, I just sold some boring consumer staples stocks to buy a 3X technology ETF. :eek:

No, it is not that radical. In fact, it's only as a lark, and less than 0.5% of portfolio. :blush:

PS. In my after-tax account, I am also on margin but less than 1% of portfolio. Moemg (that gutsy lady) may come along shortly to make fun of my timid market moves. :blush: :blush:

Well.........DOW finished under 10k.

norm%20cheers.JPG

beer2-drunk.gif

Looks like Steve O was right - headed to 8500 over the next two days... It COULD happen.

She feels really energized about this and for the first time it feels like she knows what she wants to do "when she grows up" -- even if it means "growing up" at age 41. :)

It's worderful you're supporting her Zig. I respect her wanting to do something to help people even though the monetary rewards are not great. The world could use more people like your DW:flowers:

OK, so my earlier gains of the day evaporated at the market close.

Down 0.11% in MF, and 0.13% in my larger individual equity portion. Overall only 0.09% down. S&P down 0.57%. So, I can claim I beat the market. :rolleyes:

This is great news. I have about run out of tax deferred space for bonds and had been chasing my AA for months. Now I can go back to buying equities!

DD

OK, so my earlier gains of the day evaporated at the market close.

Down 0.11% in MF, and 0.13% in my larger individual equity portion. Overall only 0.09% down. S&P down 0.57%. So, I can claim I beat the market. :rolleyes:
NW-Bound - I find your new avatar disturbing!

Audrey

As I posted earlier, it is only temporary. I really do not like it either. Hard to see out those two poked holes.

Per your suggestion, I have changed my avatar. :cool:

But it will be only temporary, as I like my earlier one better. :D

It's hard to look at those two poked holes!
Will it give you nightmare? ;)

Compared to that of the European market, your return is outstanding.
Well, but not for today. The European markets didn't do badly today. The Asian markets were also up. I truly do not understand why the Dow rally fizzled out. Do I dare buy more tomorrow? Well, at 0.5% to 1% of portfolio a day to move from cash/bonds to equities, how long will it be before I cry "Uncle" and bail out? Maybe I have enough equity at 73% and should call it quit? But no pain, no gain?

OK! Blame it on Brewer. I am changing back tomorrow.

I have reasons to remain anonymous. I am still w*rking, you know. I might have told too much about myself here, more than I want people I still work with to know about me.

Back
Top Bottom