"How Does a Four-Year-Old Spend $46,000 a Month?"

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
Another post from the WSJ's "Wealth Report" blogger.

I'm not making fun of divorce. It sucks.

This thread is about making fun of the high cost of living "right" in the big city:
How Does a Four-Year-Old Spend $46,000 a Month? - The Wealth Report - WSJ

Supermodel Linda Evangelista is asking French billionaire Francois Henri-Pinault for $46,000 a month in child support. He’s the father of Ms. Evangelista’s four-year-old son, Augustin James. And Ms. Evangelista argues that $46,000 is the minimum required to provide for young Augustin in the manner to which he has grown accustomed.
Readers outside New York are probably thinking: “What’s this kid eating?!”
Readers in New York are thinking: “She should ask for more.”
To find out how a four-year-old could possibly burn through $46,000 a month in Manhattan, I called Natasha Pearl, president of Aston-Pearl, the New York-based lifestyle-management firm for wealthy families.

For example,
DRIVERS. “He probably needs his own driver since they can’t split one,” Ms. Pearl said. “If he needs to be at school at 8 a.m. and she needs to be out ’til 2 a.m., they have to have two.” So add another another $6,000 to $8,000 a month.

Yeah, I had that problem when we were raising our daughter, too...

Considering that we are talking about Linda Evangelista who once famously said "I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day", I'm not surprised.

My daughter would like to be one of those three nannies. She can teach him math and mandarin.

I bet he'd give up most of that $46K to have a dad present.

It's hard to avoid the impression that a lot of people in the more narcissistic professions treat having kids as just another career move.

I'll admit I don't know how to spend $46k a month.

But I'd sure like to learn.

Considering that we are talking about Linda Evangelista who once famously said "I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day", I'm not surprised.

There has to be a joke in there somewhere about about what she charges to stay in bed...

Edit: never mind, just looked up her picture. change the joke to something about what she would charge to stay inside out of sight.

There has to be a joke in there somewhere about about what she charges to stay in bed...

Edit: never mind, just looked up her picture. change the joke to something about what she would charge to stay inside out of sight.
You must have very refined tastes

Attachments

• Linda_Evangelista_766125.jpg
    Linda_Evangelista_766125.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 11
Another post from the WSJ's "Wealth Report" blogger.

I'm not making fun of divorce. It sucks.

This thread is about making fun of the high cost of living "right" in the big city:
How Does a Four-Year-Old Spend $46,000 a Month? - The Wealth Report - WSJ
The comments after the article are unbelievable. No moderation, so they're all over the place, and the language is pretty offensive. I'm sure the author is happy at the level of response.

There is no limit to how much is needed to live right for someone concerned more about "what they don't have" than what then need to live. There seems to have been a change in US culture over the past generation, where once this type of lifestyle was considered ostentatious, and now conspicuous consumption is something to be admired.

CHILDCARE. Forget the nanny. Kids like Augustin need a round-the-clock child-care team, what the wealthy call “full, 24/7 coverage.” Ms. Pearl says that requires three nannies, with two rotating on full schedule and another as a backup. “And that third nanny preferably has some specialty skill, like teaching the kid Mandarin,” Ms. Pearl said. “And if he’s a boy, the third staffer might be a manny to run him around the park and throw him baseballs.”
Total cost: About $23,000 a month or more – half the total.

IMO, that's ridiculous! Haven't they ever heard of a live-in nanny or au pair? They said they wanted a nanny who could speak another language, like Mandarin, so get a nanny from China. Problem solved, and for a quarter that price if that, even in Manhattan.

As for the rest of it, IMO either she is raising the most heavily indulged spoiled brat in history, or else she is pocketing the excess. :rolleyes:

So, she's a high priced call girl, interesting..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The divorce system is just plain broken at all levels.

Back
Top Bottom