I Bought it, Because I Can

Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy! It's great to see people enjoy the fruits of their labor.

+1

BCG, honestly I'm glad you purchased this. It will bring you great pleasure and enjoyment!

Due to this thread, I got the idea to go out for steaks, so we did. That was great and just what I wanted, so thanks for starting the thread.

I am reminded of the 3 stooges episode where they are in Scotland. a Scottish character asks them how about a snort of his very rare whisky. they reply yes, and he pulls out a dust covered prized bottle. the Scottish gentleman opens the bottle, takes a deep sniff, replaces the cork, and puts the bottle back in the liquor cabinet.
bet it'll last for years using that method.

hahahah

+1

BCG, honestly I'm glad you purchased this. It will bring you great pleasure and enjoyment!

Due to this thread, I got the idea to go out for steaks, so we did. That was great and just what I wanted, so thanks for starting the thread.

Thank you:D

I just bought an amethyst (what else?) and diamond ring.

It was some dead person's used jewelry, so I saved money.

I'm not even a cognac drinker, but I find myself excited for you, Blue Collar Guy. I appreciate passion in almost any form even when I don't share the passion myself.

Spending your money on what you're passionate about makes the most sense to me. ENJOY!! :greetings10:

+1
Way to go, bluecollarguy! Enjoy your cognac.

I am a warbird junkie. I was recently able to fly a B-25, a MIG-15, and last week, an SNJ WW2 trainer. The total cost was over $4k, but it was worth every penny

While I have tried numerous occasions to work out a deal on 23YO Pappi, if it was down to it, or the above, I would go with the flights hands down! That must have been incredible!

If i lived like this when i was in my 20's, i would still be working, and i would have saved up zero. This is what "they" mean when they say reap the fruit of your labors. Im likin it.. I plan on harvesting more fruit soon.

The Cognac sounds neat--this quote really struck home though. Definitely true for us as well...

I just bought an amethyst (what else?) and diamond ring.

It was some dead person's used jewelry, so I saved money.

Was it hard to get it off her finger?

My four granddaughters are going to get a dead person's rings one day too but they'll get a nice discount :LOL:

What's the word? Thunderbird!

What's the price? Fifty twice...
What's the reason? Grapes in season!

This is Bugs Scruggs, the man with the plugs, back on the scene with my Record Machine! WNOP Newport, 1955.

Ha

Last edited:
I tried to buy some cat poop coffee once at ~$250 a pound or something like that but it was always sold out. If you really want to try something, price is not always the barrier.

I tried to buy some cat poop coffee once at ~$250 a pound or something like that but it was always sold out. If you really want to try something, price is not always the barrier.

Kopi luwak. Luckily, DW isn't interested in trying it! (Dumb me--I just assumed civets were "monkeys"; cat is much closer. Learned something new today. Thanks, Fermion!)

My stats are not quite that strong but I am starting to think in the same way. Not booze, but travel, like business class seats and pro guided photo tours.

:clap::clap:

We are getting ready to book two more trips including business class seats for the longer trips.

Enjoy!

Kopi luwak. Luckily, DW isn't interested in trying it! (Dumb me--I just assumed civets were "monkeys"; cat is much closer. Learned something new today. Thanks, Fermion!)

I thought this was an inside joke, but truth is stranger than fiction once again.

And all this time I thought it was only politicians who tried to feed people a load of cr*p. :LOL:

I am passionate about Thunderbird. Whatever it costs, I'm down.

Ha

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I think I damaged my brain, liver, and possibly even my soul with that stuff in college...not to mention Mad Dog 20/20 and even the occasional "King Cobra" malt liquor. On second thought, I always thought mad dog was probably what embalming fluid would taste like...so maybe that balanced the others out?

It makes me smile and cringe at the same time!

I thought this was an inside joke, but truth is stranger than fiction once again.

And all this time I thought it was only politicians who tried to feed people a load of cr*p. :LOL:

Heh, heh. You need to watch THE BUCKET LIST and watch Morgan Freeman (as Carter the dying auto mechanic) tell Jack Nicholson (as Edward, the dying Megamillionaire) what gives Kopi Luwak its unique and expensive flavor. It's the best laugh of the movie - worth it just for this scene. YMMV

Heh, heh. You need to watch THE BUCKET LIST and watch Morgan Freeman (as Carter the dying auto mechanic) tell Jack Nicholson (as Edward, the dying Megamillionaire) what gives Kopi Luwak its unique and expensive flavor. It's the best laugh of the movie - worth it just for this scene. YMMV

That is funny!

I heard that there were counterfeit versions of Kopi Luwak going around. Ironically, some rich people were really angry to find out that there wasn't any $h!t in their coffee!

The things some people complain about! :)

-ERD50

Ok the oh so fussy kids were away yesterday so we splurged... stuffed flounder for dinner! The crab meat was $19 a pound. Oh so good. I guess my idea of splurging is pretty small time. They will be away tonight as well - lobster tails!

I say if you can afford it and you really want it...do it.

Ok the oh so fussy kids were away yesterday so we splurged... stuffed flounder for dinner! The crab meat was $19 a pound. Oh so good. I guess my idea of splurging is pretty small time. They will be away tonight as well - lobster tails!

Reminds me of when our three boys were still at home, we had steak every Sunday--but it was chuck roast, sliced in half to make the thickness work. Once they were all gone, we went to tenderloin--not because they were fussy, but because the family ate over 5 pounds of meat at that meal when they were in high school! :LOL:

I agree Ray

Back
Top Bottom