May Be a Bloody Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Energy sector is just so so, but how about industrial metal and mining companies and Caterpillar (8+%)?

Tech stocks are flat or down. Perhaps it's because they have been doing well relative to market, and now suffer from sector rotation.
About CAT, I think up maybe 10% in two days. First thing I says to myself, "It's about the wall...build that wall." There's an incredible amount of money being wagered on company that will be close to the head of line when infrastructure public works contracts happen. Of course, that is me speculating on the speculators.

:LOL:

No, I do not think it's about the "wall". Caterpillar's big business is really heavy machinery used in mining. They made huge investments in the design of gigantic mining machines that did not see the anticipated demand. And now, the price of industrial metals has been going up since the election. But why?

Freeport-McMoran, a copper miner, goes up 14% since Tuesday. US Steel and Alcoa (both used to be part of the Dow 30) also jumped big.

Last edited:
Infrastructure stocks went up. More about the nation as a whole than a thin line along the south.

Bloody Wednesday didn't happen AFAIK. Anyway, it's Friday now. Thanks for the discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom