More FIRE fail

What a worthless “article”.

I agree from our perspectives. Then NW said it’s a warning. Hmm how many 20 somethings learn life lessons from an article.

One couple wanted to have kids and one were fostering more kids.

News Flash: Kids cost money. To me money well spent.

Wow, the article has four stories about four bloggers with links to the blogs. Pretty sure we know the secret to FIRE!

I agree from our perspectives. Then NW said it’s a warning. Hmm how many 20 somethings learn life lessons from an article.

One couple wanted to have kids and one were fostering more kids.

News Flash: Kids cost money. To me money well spent.

Interesting article in yesterday's WSJ about how many older single adults with no family are not in such good shape. Some have kids but are not on good terms with them!

Behind a paywall....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-lo...ns-more-than-ever-are-aging-alone-11544541134

Danny Miner, a 66-year-old retired chemical plant supervisor, spends most days alone in his Tooele, Utah, apartment, with “Gunsmoke” reruns to keep him company and a phone that rarely rings.

Old age wasn’t supposed to feel this lonely. Mr. Miner married five times, each bride bringing the promise of lifelong companionship. Three unions ended in divorce. Two wives died. Now his legs ache and his balance is faulty, and he’s stopped going to church or meeting friends at the Marine Corps League, a group for former Marines. “I get a little depressed from time to time,” he says.

“I don’t like being by myself,” Ms. Lettice says. “I wish I were dating. I wish I had somebody significant.” She recently gave up two tickets to a beer-tasting fundraiser when she couldn’t find a date.

I can't imagine being retired and not having my children in my life. I make it a point to tone down my opinions and let them lead their lives as they see fit with a few fatherly suggestions now and then. Hey, there are no laws against planting a few seeds in the hopes some will sprout. :)

I don’t tell my kids how to live their lives and my parents did the same. I want them to enjoy their time with us.

Back
Top Bottom