Paul Farrell

Brat

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
He thinks it will soon be time to check your seatbelt..  From MarketWatch

Last Christmas before next recession
Special Forces survival training preps investors for coming bear

http://tinyurl.com/7jsmy

Has anyone ever seen Greg (AKA "Apocalypse...um...SOON") and Paul Farrell in the same place at the same time?

Didn't think so..... ;)

Awesome. So next year we can go to the after christmas sale and buy more stocks? Or if Paul is wrong, I guess the Paul Farrell Crystal Balls will be on clearance next to the moldy bread and dented cans.

As long as we have the PPT and Helicopter Ben we will be all right.

Heck if the fed is done raising that will make the lines reform at the house ATMs.

Spike that punchbowl, boys!

Got Yen?

2.7% gains so far today. (Of course, I lost 2% on the underlying Yen-denominated index :( )

My point was the falling yields will spur more home refinancing to keep this great economy going. Which goes with the context of Farrell screaming recession upcoming.

Great economy - based on the level of Chinese crap in a shopping cart.

Yeah, this is going to end well.

I love Argentina.   ;)

He does suggest that I should kiss the cutie under the mistletoe (this presumes my wife is in another room).

I think a recession or slowdown in the second half of next year os quite possible. I suspect that the Fed will overshoot on raising rates. If the housing bubble pops, a few quarter point reductions won't make up for the mess.

Ah, that Paul Farrell.....he's been bearish for the last 2-3 years per my occaisonal perusing of that joke of a website "marketwatch."  

Methinks a political agenda is the primary motivation behind that particular site.  

brewer12345 said:
I think a recession or slowdown in the second half of next year os quite possible.  I suspect that the Fed will overshoot on raising rates.  If the housing bubble pops, a few quarter point reductions won't make up for the mess.

I believe we are all ready in a recession.

During the 1970s recession they did not realize they were into a recession until a year in.  Unpopular war, high oil, political unrest, problems in the White House - I think I am having a flash back.   :-\ I was talking about the 1970s not now. See any difference? :p

Marketneutral said:
I believe we are all ready in a recession.

During the 1970s recession they did not realize they were into a recession until a year in. Unpopular war, high oil, political unrest, problems in the White House - I think I am having a flash back. :-\ I was talking about the 1970s not now. See any difference? :p

Yeah, I see a lot of differences. You can't be having a flashback--you were born in the 70s. I was in college. By the late 70s our local economy was down the tubes. We lost a huge percentage of our population--never to return. It was bad. Nothing like now. If my DH, the apocalypse, is right we might be heading for bad times. But we aren't there yet.

Martha said:
Yeah, I see a  lot of differences.  You can't be having a flashback--you were born in the 70s.  I was in college.  By the late 70s our local economy was down the tubes.  We lost a huge percentage of our population--never to return.  It was bad.  Nothing like now.  If my DH, the apocalypse, is right we might be heading for bad times.  But we aren't there yet. 

I have studied the 1970s.  I see a lot of differences too:

Our manufactoring base is in China and India
The government massages the economic data.
PPT established
We do not have muscle cars. We have SUV tanks that get even worse gas mileage

Wharton projects 2006 will be a good year for stocks - 8.5% return for the S&P 500 and even better return (does not specify a number) for Asia.

Back
Top Bottom