Poll - One Week to go, Are Your Taxes Done?

Are Your Taxes Done and Submitted?

• Yes

Votes: 132 74.6%
  • No

Votes: 44 24.9%
  • Not Applicable - not required to file

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

38Chevy454

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So with one week until the tax deadline, just a simple poll. Have you done your taxes and submitted them, or still working on them?

I used to be a last day filer for many years, maybe now that I am retired I can get them done sooner like I did this year. I submitted mine about 3 weeks ago.

Poll will close in 10 days from today 4/10/2018

Last edited:
Yep, done, filed, and (small) refunds received.
+1, done for 2+ months, received small Fed refund (drat) weeks back, mailed check to State today.

I’ve always done ours in Feb. And nowadays I’m even more determined to do it as soon as possible to reduce the opportunity for scammers to file ours before I do. That’s still no guarantee we can’t be scammed, but hopefully it might help a little.

Last edited:
Done and filed. Wrote 2 fairly big checks (expected based on Roth Conversion). No penalty since I was sure to pay 100% of last years (lower) taxes.

I used to wait to tax day, when I owed money, but with money in the checking account earning next to nothing, I figured: Just git'er done

I owed money so wasn't in a mad rush. Printed everything and wrote checks today; will take them (State and Federal) to Post Office tomorrow. I don't want to be one of those people they interview on the news at midnight April 17!

Taxes are done. CPA efiled yesterday. I need to send a 3 figure check to Uncle Sam. Getting $5 back from the State of Illinois.

Done, small refund deposited, I'll spend it on something we don't need.

Finished the forms 2 months ago. Mailed the state form with a small check 3 weeks ago. Mailed the federal return last week with a large check (needed to wait for March's monthly dividend to arrive). This has been my pattern most years, especially since I ERed.

Owed a bit to the Feds, got a bit back from State.

DW & I qualified for free tax filing, as well!! :dance:

I still haven't gotten a 1099R for a 401k to ROTH 401k conversion. Talked to Plan Administrator on 2/21, 3/19, and 4/2. Still waiting. Grrr.

Done and e-filed yesterday. Not that I'm a procrastinator but have been burned too many times with late revised 1099s and as a result amended returns.

So with one week until the tax deadline, just a simple poll. Have you done your taxes and submitted them, or still working on them?

I used to be a last day filer for many years, maybe now that I am retired I can get them done sooner like I did this year. I submitted mine about 3 weeks ago.

I always do a preliminary run early in the year.
If I expect a refund, I file as soon as all the relevant statements arrive.
If I expect to pay, I hold it to the last minute.

This year = big refunds for both federal and state.

So, yup - done.

Have one more change to make--adding a charitable contribution my wife had to search for information on.

Waiting for the last minute since we have to pay this year.

Ha! Just submitted eFile this morning and accepted an hour later thank goodness!

We didn’t have the final docs until Mar 30, so had most of it done then waiting.

Already scheduled the payments via eftps. Including Q1 2018 estimated taxes.

Last edited:
Mailed both Monday. Refund state, owed Fed, net small refund.

This is when I usually file due to 1099's.

DS filed his mid-March. He got his Fed refund already, still awaiting state refund.

Always nice to be done!

Yep, as of 3 minutes ago. Earliest ever. Also e-filed for the first time, since I got a (tiny) refund also for the first time. I have an incorrect 1099-Misc, but I filed with the correct information and hopefully they'll send a correction. If not I'll have to chase them down and get them to correct it. According to TT I'm once again way over into the red for chance of an audit, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No state tax filing required. Sweet!

I usually do my taxes on New Year's Day, although I have to wait for all the forms to come in to file them (usually in mid to late February). I file by mail and just received my refund check last week.

Done, filed and large refund check deposited weeks ago. My first tax year of ER and I had much too much withheld for the feds, what with my last two months of w*rk and first year's mandatory withholding from inherited IRA RMD.

We owed quite a bit to the state, however, since I had a fair amount of capital gains which were subject to state but not federal tax. Taxes aren't due until 5/1 here in The Old Dominion, and I'm waiting as long as I can to write that check.

Done.

***** tax return submitted to IRS, accepted, and processed
***** tax return submitted to Louisiana, accepted, and processed
***** paid IRS, cleared
***** paid Louisiana, cleared
***** estimated tax payments set up in EFTPS for this year
***** estimated tax payments set up in Louisiana's equivalent service for this year

It feels good to have this weight off my shoulders for another year. :D

Will e-file shortly. The final update to the tax software was released today. My numbers did not change. I'm in no rush, I owe money every year.

Leaving the country for a month. May just file an extension and deal with it later. I sold two houses last year but am not in a taxable situation.

My CPA e-filed last week. Getting refunds as expected. Wanted to file earlier but one of our investments just got us the necessary documentation around the end of March.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom