PPA 2006 Lump Sum Value Calculator from www.pensionbenefits.com?

Whisper66

Full time employment: Posting here.
I've been using the calculators at www.pensionbenefits.com, specifically the lump sum calculator based on rules of PPA2006. Worked fine until a few days ago. Now it seems the website is shut down as best I can tell.

Anyone have any idea what's happened?

Anyone have an alternate web site calculator that does the PPA 2006 Lump Sum Value calculation?

you can construct one yourself - you just need the mortality table which should be in an IRS news release

Pension Benefits calculators working again

I was hoping to avoid digging up my financial calculations books. Went ahead and did that this morning. Was not successful and not sure why. I easily understand and can mimic the typical financial present value problems in the text book. But when I applied my spreadsheet to my pension calcs, I was not getting close to my company's results nor the Pension Benefits website results (which match the company results closely). General concept seems simple enough so am befuddled.

Started working on it some more this evening and happened to revisit the pension benefits website. It is now back up and running so am using it again.

I have seen that site go offline for several days in a row in prior years.

I checked on the site after seeing your original post, and again today and it seems to be working for me.

Are you still experiencing problems?

-gauss

Back
Top Bottom