Retire on 3k per month thoughts...

Live in Wi. as well..
Not sure were you live, but Prices ain't come down around here..
Just housing prices, but everything else? UP!
and eventually, you're either going to have to pay $30-$40k for a Car or buy a 1-2 yr old used one for $20k to replace your current one when it gets 100K+ or 10 yrs old..the repairs on our older cars is going nuts as well.. $1,000 for a Set of Brakes that used to cost me a couple of Hundred to do it myself or $500 for them Struts they replaced Good Old Shocks we got for $50 a pair for.. and who says we need 17" Wheels and $150 ea. Tires! Boy, is that a Con game! Give me good old 15" wheels and $50 tires and we did fine..! and it cost more to Fix my 8 yr old. John Deer than it did to buy a yr old one...

4% WDR is nice IF you have 125% or More than it says you need. I used a 3% WDR and set a goal to have an extra 25% more in it than all the fancy books/programs said .. and thus need it to make at least 6% apy if not more..
and not going to get that from just Ylds/Divs.. from conservative investments..consistantly.. and that John Boggle guy was right..

a 30/70- 20/80 mix port is good enough for us..

We used VWINX, A Global and a EMD Bond Fund and TGLMX..
So far? it's been Super..beyond expectations.. Rode out 08' pretty good and expect things will get back to normal again soon....
just wish Vanguard would add some Global and EMD bond Funds ..and spruce up their VFIIX fund ..
and Let the Wife Working PT.. so she wouldn't bug me all the time to go travel all the time.. She agreed and she's happier and can spend her $ anyway she wants.. on the Grandkids or whatever ... Now, we're at the Fair everday selling her and her GF's Stuff at a booth..an I get the benefits of all that Good Food..!

Here's Hoping Packers beat Minn/Vikings and Farve..

;-)

Back
Top Bottom