S.P.I.A 10 year rates

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Has anyone got a quote recently on a 10 year single premium immediate fixed anuity ? amount would be about 300K . I was looking a couple of years ago , and the rate of return was close to a 10 yr. treasurery.

The annuitant would be 87 years old, and 2 years ago , vanguard said they could prob. find a co, but many do not issue them with someone at this age. This is the oldest in the family , and his aunt lived to 93 , so 97 is not that un-reasonable for life expectancy.

I Know the life insurance cost portion will vary as to age of anuitant and consume some of the overall return . Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Has anyone got a quote recently on a 10 year single premium immediate fixed anuity ? amount would be about 300K . I was looking a couple of years ago , and the rate of return was close to a 10 yr. treasurery.

The annuitant would be 87 years old, and 2 years ago , vanguard said they could prob. find a co, but many do not issue them with someone at this age. This is the oldest in the family , and his aunt lived to 93 , so 97 is not that un-reasonable for life expectancy.

I Know the life insurance cost portion will vary as to age of anuitant and consume some of the overall return . Thanks in advance
Why are you interested in a 10 year annuity, rather than a true lifetime annuity?

Most of the advantage to annuities, especially for older people, is in the actuarially estimated deaths of other policy holders.

If all you want is 10 years of protection, why not look into a ladder of treasury strips bought so that a tranche will be maturing every quarter or half year or year until that 10 years is up? Whatever doesn't get spent will go into his estate. This would be cheap, safe from default, and effective.

Ha

Attachments

• 10yr.jpg
    10yr.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom