Sunday nights are amazing

FREE866

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just want to say that out loud as I know this forum is a safe place to do it. I have a couple of friends who today expressed high anxiety about their week work ahead. Man, I'm 31 months in and my adoration for Sunday nights and Monday mornings continues to grow. I'm so so grateful and thankful that I created a situation where this is possible at a young age ( I turned 53 yesterday).

I know what you mean. I just retired at the end of June and every Sunday evening since has been wonderful instead of dreadful. :)

My absolute best time of the week? Monday morning about 6! The dog has been walked and fed. We are both hanging on the deck while I drink coffee and watch the serfs head to the fields.

I just want to say that out loud as I know this forum is a safe place to do it. I have a couple of friends who today expressed high anxiety about their week work ahead. Man, I'm 31 months in and my adoration for Sunday nights and Monday mornings continues to grow. I'm so so grateful and thankful that I created a situation where this is possible at a young age ( I turned 53 yesterday).

+1

And as a former teacher I can say with 100% honesty, how wonderful it is to see all the Back To School signs and sales and not care one little bit.

Agree. For a while, I felt weird on Sunday nights. Now, every day is pretty much the same. Still kind dislike garbage day because I get up early to put my garbage out versus putting it out the night before. But hey, that’s just one day where I have to get up early and it’s for 15 minutes, not 8 hours or worse including traffic. Bring on Monday! I’ll be sleeping in. :)

Man, I'm 31 months in and my adoration for Sunday nights and Monday mornings continues to grow.

I felt the same way for about a year or so after I retired. Now, after 9+ years, I have a hard time remembering what day it even is anymore.......they're all equally awesome :)

I felt the same way for about a year or so after I retired. Now, after 9+ years, I have a hard time remembering what day it even is anymore.......they're all equally awesome :)

I always look at my pill container to confirm the day of the week:D.

You know you are retired when you go to a big box store on Saturday and say to your self. What am I doing here today? Or go out to dinner on a Friday:facepalm:.

Ha! I’m like Jerry. Retired in January and really took about 5 months before that Sunday afternoon/evening sadness and depression stopped and my brain and emotions realized that after 40 years I’m done with that!

I’m 49 months in and love Sunday nights too. During the week the two most common questions I ask myself about days of the week are “What day is it?” And “Is tomorrow Friday?” And when tomorrow is Friday I’m always incredulous like “how did the week get by so fast?”

Relaxing and watching a movie. We'd NEVER do that while working. Gotta get a head start on email, ya know.

Love Sunday! It's means that tomorrow is Monday and crowds of yahoos wii depart our favorite lake. Peace and quiet. Ahhhh...

You know you are retired when you go to a big box store on Saturday and say to your self. What am I doing here today? Or go out to dinner on a Friday:facepalm:.

Noooooo...! Are yo crazy :LOL:

Made my pulse race for a minute! :cool:

Last week I was sitting at the kitchen table half reading, half dozing when it dawned on me that I did not know what day of the week it was.

After a few moments, it came to me. But, what a great feeling to be that disconnected from the daily grind! :)

We were insane this weekend and went to the hairdresser on Saturday. :facepalm:

You'd think we'd know better. Sure enough it was insane packed! Fortunately I called ahead put on the list, but was told to come in an hour and 20 mins. When we arrived they were the busiest I'd ever seen!

DH never knows what day it is!

On Sunday evenings I now think - yoga class tomorrow morning!

I have 72 Sunday nights (including tonight) before I can join the rest of you in celebrating. I'm enjoying counting them down. :D

25 months in and still loving Sunday night.
Just came back from a dinner at a friends' house, where we enjoyed the company with one other couple for 5 hours.
Would not that while working....

first, happy birthday! i turned 69 yesterday (aug 10).

second, when i was working i always had trouble falling asleep on sunday nights. that carried over for a while after FIRE. these days i usually can fall asleep pretty quickly.

What I hated worst about Sundays was travel.

On average about once per month, I had to fly out to be somewhere Monday morning. (I know many have / had much heavier travel schedules!)

Every Sunday afternoon / evening I don't spend in an airport is heavenly.

That ticking clock Sunday nights on 60 Minutes no longer sounds like a countdown to me.

I volunteer on Monday mornings, and I 5% complain about that :)

I'm a little numbed to the Sunday effect after 8 years, but I still like seeing most resort guests packing up to go back to work, and leave the resort quieter for the few of us full-timers up here. I'm away from most of the resort action but the house next door is now on the rental program and usually guests leave late Sunday morning, which is nice. Yes, I still look forward to Sunday afternoons and evenings.

+1

And as a former teacher I can say with 100% honesty, how wonderful it is to see all the Back To School signs and sales and not care one little bit.

I just saw a FB post from a current teacher, “the entire month of August is like Sunday night to teachers”. (It’s now Monday morning and I’m lounging around drinking coffee and reading) :)

What I hated worst about Sundays was travel.

On average about once per month, I had to fly out to be somewhere Monday morning. (I know many have / had much heavier travel schedules!)

Every Sunday afternoon / evening I don't spend in an airport is heavenly.
My blood pressure just went up a bit reading this. I didn't travel much, but when I did, it was to ruin a Sunday so we could have an early start on Monday.

In my later years, email catchup was expected on Sunday. This way, you could do "real work" on Monday.

Oh it is nice to be free.

Back
Top Bottom