The Economist magazine

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Several folks on the board have recommended The Economist magazine as a quality source of information. I ran across this offer for [-]a one year subscription[/-] twelve issues for $12 if anyone is interested. According to the fine print, the subscription will automatically renew at the $12 rate.

Economist subscription

Last edited:
Several folks on the board have recommended The Economist magazine as a quality source of information. I ran across this offer for a one year subscription for $12 if anyone is interested. According to the fine print, the subscription will automatically renew at the $12 rate.

Economist subscription

Oh, I was very excited for a moment. A year of The Economist would be a steal, but the offer is for 12 issues. Since it's a weekly magazine, that's a different thing. It's still a good price.

Thanks for thinking of us!

Oh, I was very excited for a moment. A year of The Economist would be a steal, but the offer is for 12 issues. Since it's a weekly magazine, that's a different thing. It's still a good price.

Thanks for thinking of us!

Sorry bout that - I corrected the info.

Still worth it. I have had a subscription for 30+ years, DW calls herself 'an Economist widow'. There is even a iphone app to download the issue to my ipod. IMHO the quality and range of information is not to be found in any other single magazine.

Don't know if the wiki will add much: The Economist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Still worth it. I have had a subscription for 30+ years, DW calls herself 'an Economist widow'. There is even a iphone app to download the issue to my ipod. IMHO the quality and range of information is not to be found in any other single magazine.

Don't know if the wiki will add much: The Economist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+1
A loyal subscriber here for the last 30 years, and I can't imagine going without it for a week.

Best reading material for my commute on the train, and probably the most informative reading that I do on a regular basis.

Nice heads up, but an even less expensive path...

I used to buy it whenever I traveled and read it in the library, and I recommend the content highly. Now that I follow The Economist on Twitter, I can't see a reason to actually buy the magazine, I seem to be getting all the best articles for free in a highly timely manner. I know this is a problem that publishers will solve one day, but might as well enjoy it while it lasts...

You can also read the magazine on their web site. All articles are available.

Back
Top Bottom