Truth in a Cathy Comic

DW and I know a couple like that, really sad. He's a carpenter, she just retired as a teacher. $500k in debt. Yow.

Why would you retire if you were $500K in debt:confused: Shouldn't it be $500K in retirement savings:confused:?

You've piqued my interest. How does one become 500k in debt without bill collectors coming after them?

Mortgage, home equity, car loans, credit cards, student loans for kids could easily equal $500K.

I hate to admit that I read Cathy, but I do.

Wow, so you're the one who is reading it! Actually, the Cathy strip you posted has fewer words than most. And not one mention of a bathing suit or dieting. Maybe a ghost writer was working that week.:angel:

You've piqued my interest. How does one become 500k in debt without bill collectors coming after them?
Welcome to Hawaii (San Francisco, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, Manhattan) real estate.

Although technically the bill collectors are coming after us every month for the next 300+ of them...

Bestwifeever answered it. They've been living on credit and been in denial about it for so long they think it's normal, I guess. They run up their credit cards and have been periodically refinancing their house to pay them off, then repeat the cycle.

Now they want to move to SC and have been trying to sell their house for over a year. They wanted $550k for it and turned down an offer for $530k because settlement was scheduled for a time when "we have to go to Hawaii".

:confused::confused:

I simply do not comprehend this line of thinking. But maybe I'm just slow.

Back
Top Bottom