would you buy this property?

bosco said:
I couldn't agree more--if you substitute "liberal" where you wrote "conservative" and "Clinton" where you wrote "Dubya".

Clinton was about as Republican as they come...even balanced the budget, unlike the "modern" Repubs.  I could never figure out what irked the right-wing-nuts about him.  I think it was mostly jealousy--he was getting something they weren't.  Not that his behavior was good, but as the bumper sticker says, "When Clinton lied, nobody died."

Bosco

Hi Bosco. I understand all of this except your "jealousy" remark. If you were
implying that rightwingers don't get blow jobs, or are jealous of libs who do,
you should have added a smiley. OTOH, if you were serious..............
well, I don't want to go there :)

Clinton was a good politician and a good stump speaker, I'll give
him that.

JG

MRGALT2U said:
If you were
implying that rightwingers don't get **** ***s, or are jealous of libs who do,
you should have added a smiley.

my mistake

:) there.

I think **** ***s should transcend party politics....unless they cost the taxpayer $70,000,000 that is :) there....I remembered that time.

Bosco

bosco said:
my mistake

:)      there.

I think **** ***s should transcend party politics....unless they cost the taxpayer $70,000,000 that is   :)    there....I remembered that time.

Bosco

All right! Equal opportunity blow
jobs! Now there is a concept even I could support. :)

JG

MRGALT2U said:
All right!  Equal opportunity blow
jobs!  Now there is a concept even I could support.  :)

JG
I don't know about equal opportunity blow jobs, but we all seem to get screwed. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back to the original question, here is an interesting property that provides a little balance to the bubble theory.

www.pruclassicrealty.com/547213

10 acres and a 2000 sf house located ~ 30 miles NW of San Antonio asking $105,000. And about that little septic problem...ask Unclemick for his recommendation. ;)

REW

That living room would be tough for me-35'x1'. I could stand sideways and shoot my air rifle though.

ha

Aaaaah yes - the human turd - how I love thee - let me count the ways - aerobic or anarobic, chlorine or oxygen, above ground berm, open lagon or gravel reed bed, compost or tank, - the old timey Japanese honey bucket day is probably illegal.

In this case - check with the local authorities - to see if they are 'with it' turd science wise or ancient sticks in the you know what.

Heh, heh, heh.

unclemick2 said:
Aaaaah yes - the human turd - how I love thee - let me count the ways - aerobic or anarobic, chlorine or oxygen, above ground berm, open lagon or gravel reed bed, compost or  tank, - the old timey Japanese honey bucket day is probably illegal.

In this case - check with the local authorities - to see if they are 'with it' turd science wise or ancient sticks in the you know what.

Heh, heh, heh.

Wow Unclemick! I log off breifly and find the discourse here is in the crapper.
But, as long as you brought it up, a friend of my son's used to refer
to "lookers" and "peekers", and no, I will not be following up or explaining
any of this. Rather I will now return to more esoteric subjects.

Jg

HaHa said:
That living room would be tough for me-35'x1'. I could stand sideways and shoot my air rifle though.

ha

I like it. The floor would be easy to clean. One long swipe.
(house husband) :)

JG

REWahoo! said:
www.pruclassicrealty.com/547213
10 acres and a 2000 sf house located ~ 30 miles NW of San Antonio asking $105,000.  And about that little septic problem...ask Unclemick for his recommendation. ;)
I'm trying to cope with the cost of replacing the pump in a 700' well. Speaking from 450 feet above sea level, I didn't know people had to dig them that deep!

Nords said:
I'm trying to cope with the cost of replacing the pump in a 700' well. Speaking from 450 feet above sea level, I didn't know people had to dig them that deep!

Nords, welcome back.

My well is 820' and the pump is set at 640'. I'm at 1,200' above sea level. Had to replace my submersible pump last year -- $2G's. I feel your pain.

REW

$350 - two stage jet pump - eight foot above sea level - bottom of well - 200 feet BELOW sea level.

Louisiana swamp - don't ya know.

30 miles NW of San Antonio would put the property in Texas hill country right in the sweet spot between San Antonio and Austin. At $105,000 for a 2000 sq ft home on 10 acres is a deal too good to be true.

As for water wells - I live on a small ranch near the area on the ridge of the highest mesa (hill) in the county. Elevation is 1,850 ft. my well is 465 ft deep. The price for the well was $9 a foot which includes the pipe but not the pump nor the pressure tank. The total came in a bit under $10,000 which is the rule of thumb around here for value added to improved land.

I met a guy in near Terrilingula, Texas whose well near the Rio Grande by Big Bend National Park was 3,500 ft deep.

Ol_Rancher said:
30 miles NW of San Antonio would put the property in Texas hill country right in the sweet spot between  San Antonio and Austin. At $105,000 for a 2000 sq ft home on 10 acres is a deal too good to be true.

Yeah, that's a "sweet spot", but the price doesn't surprise me. Could be a lot of things that would hold it down to that level.

JG

MRGALT2U said:
Yeah, that's a "sweet spot", but the price doesn't surprise me. Could be a lot of things that would hold it down to that level.

My guess is the quality of well water. In that area the mineral content is sometimes so high you can almost use it for mortar. :p

REW

My well was 260' at $10 per foot, plus pump and tank, about $3500 total 5 years ago.

In my county, they are selling (by bid) 8 (eight) properties
where taxes have not been paid for years. I am somewhat
familiar with all of the neighborhoods involved. The minimum bid is
$485.50 ( I have no idea). Anyway, I may bid on some. I told DW
that a real "man" would bid juist over tha minimum for all of them.
except for those on the EPA Superfund list :).

JG

Back
Top Bottom