Your Crystal Ball - Ten Years From Now?

If I don´t quit smoking making a prediction could very well be an exercise in futility:(
When i entered the hospital and while I waited for the surgery all I could think of was....:blush: smoking.

I never smoked so I have no idea what it would be like to quit. Seems that it must be a real hard thing to do. I hope you can break the hold and live a healthy life.

in 2020, my vanilla bicycle will have arrived. at least i'll have something to ride to the border if MB's crystal ball is correct.

It's already possible to hook the brain directly to a computer. In 2008, one experiment had monkeys operating a robotic arm with their thoughts alone. But it's still experimental at this point. Maybe by 2020, brain/computer interfaces will be available for use in humans.

Or perhaps by 2020 human brains will have devolved to the 2008 state of monkeys, removing the need for any further development of the technology.

I'll be 65 and will complain to anyone who will listen about youngsters and their music. DH and I will be confused by new technology but won't care as we lean back in our rocking chairs listening to Jimi Hendrix at maximum volume due to our impaired hearing.

The economy will be much better and unemployment will be at historical lows. Cures will be found for many diseases and Bill Gates will continue to fund charity efforts around the globe. Bill Gates' daughter, an animal lover, will promote animal welfare causes and convince dear old dad to support free spay/neuter services nationwide.

Predictions,

Pot will be legalized, primarily for the tax revenue.

Lindsey Lohan will still be in/out or Rehab.

First Class Postage will be 99 cents.

BP will still be settling oil spill claims

Barack Obama will be writing his 6th Memoir.

A dollar will be worth 50 cents

Megan Fox will return in Transformers 6, Return of the Old Girlfriend

Bill Gates is exploring running for President

Social Security retirement age is raised to 72

Spelling has been replaced with texting in most schools

NFL season extended to 24 games

CNN goes bankrupt

1. Lindsay Lohan will announce that she has cleaned up her act. This will get more media coverage than the 2020 Olympics

2. Russia will agree to buy Alaska back from the US, but cancels the contract when due diligence reveals that Sarah Palin is included in the deal

3. a judge rules that credit card debts are unenforceable because the issuers failed to adequately make clear to cardholders that they would actually have to pay for the amounts charged to the cards. Retail sales collapse and China complains that the judgement violates WTO principles

4. betting shops take odds on when the first human will swim to the North Pole

5. Harvard offers an undergraduate degree in government form filling for small businesses. It quickly becomes the post sought after degree in America as 100% of the first class to graduate find employment at starting salaries higher than the average income

6. Apple's star will fade as new products are produced in China and India. The iPod is compared to bell-bottomed trousers and betamax tapes

7. finance ministers in the US, Japan and most of Western Europe are all fired for failing to ensure that their currencies are weaker than their trading partners. "It is an absolute disgrace for any country to have a sound currency," thunders one lawmaker

8. QE10 causes cotton prices to reach record highs and the Fed simply prints more bank notes. "After all, it worked for Zimbabwe," quotes Fed chairman Donald Trump

9. "Let them wear silk," Paris Hilton responds to concerns that higher cotton prices will make clothing more expensive

10. the RMB becomes fully convertible. "This is terrible," says one Senator. "Now we'll have to find something else to blame for our economic problems."

3. a judge rules that credit card debts are unenforceable because the issuers failed to adequately make clear to cardholders that they would actually have to pay for the amounts charged to the cards.

Is it not already true today?

Ugh, I tried to give it an honest answer and I got depressed. Time for a joint.

I'll predict that in 10 years I'll be enjoying pretty much the same surfing & beach-bum lifestyle that I'm enjoying now...

In 10 years I'll be 65. About the only thing that I can predict is that the 10 year PenFed 5% CD in my Roth IRA will be maturing in Jan 2021.

My crystal ball says "In 2020 things will be more or less the same as they are at present, but columnists will be predicting increased doom and gloom by 2030."

Attachments

• crystalballsml.jpg
    crystalballsml.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 127
Maybe these predictions won't happen in 10 years - but they will happen:

• Standards of living will continue to rise - primarily because of technology and productivity gains.
  • Energy will still be cheap - but it will be renewable energy, not oil.
  • Our trade deficit will plummet (1/2 of the deficit is oil).
  • Asian currencies will strengthen to a fair level - and our debt the Chinese are holding will be substantially devalued.
  • There will be a "Manufacturing Renaissance" in USA - using automation and with a level currency playing field with Asia.
  • There will be a labor shortage in USA - Baby Boomers retired - following labor pool is smaller -higher demand for labor
  • The world will "take care of itself" and billions of dollars in US military budget will be redeployed to take care of Americans.
But the most important prediction: we will be all happily "Early Retired".

what do you think the economy, standard of living, etc. will be like in ten years (and why if you care to).

What did you come up with?

Back
Top Bottom