"A Year to Clear" - awesome book!

Lisa99

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Wanted to share a book that I found that is helping me with the transition from "Doing" to "Being".

It's called "A Year to Clear". The book is formatted so that you have a short segment (a page or less) to read every day for 365 days. To have the biggest impact it recommends you keep a journal and write about how you feel, what you're learning, etc. every day for the 365 days that the process takes.

The book doesn't ask you to pick what you want to clear in your year right away. It took me until Day 11, which was yesterday, to have the aha moment on what my focus for this year is (not all clutter is physical stuff).

As I was reading today's Day 12 segment I realized that when I'm still (like reading or watching TV) I have a voice in my head telling me I'm lazy and that I need to get up and do stuff that needs to get done! I know exactly whose voice it is, but now that I'm aware of it I can tell it to hush up! :)

I'm enjoying the process very much so wanted to share.

As I was reading today's Day 12 segment I realized that when I'm still (like reading or watching TV) I have a voice in my head telling me I'm lazy and that I need to get up and do stuff that needs to get done! I know exactly whose voice it is, but now that I'm aware of it I can tell it to hush up! :)

I taped the b*stard's mouth shut with duct tape, and stuck him in the attic...

Thanks for the recommendation, I added this one to my goodreads to-read list. Which is, of course, cluttered with hundreds of books I want to read when I finally retire and have time. Hopefully I'll get around to this one sooner than that!

Thanks for the recommendation, I added this one to my goodreads to-read list. Which is, of course, cluttered with hundreds of books I want to read when I finally retire and have time. Hopefully I'll get around to this one sooner than that!

It takes 10 minutes or less each day to do. If I would have known about this book I would have done it years ago while still working!

I have to laugh. What with taking care of the home and yard, getting rid of two loser rental houses, and the usual family dramas and crises, three years of my retirement have gone by without the slightest sense of "not knowing what to do with our time."

:2funny: No need to keep him in the attic. That's too close. Sink him to the bottom of the sea, with a silver dagger thrust through his chest (in addition to the duct tape).

I have to laugh. What with taking care of the home and yard, getting rid of two loser rental houses, and the usual family dramas and crises, three years of my retirement have gone by without the slightest sense of "not knowing what to do with our time."

I hear you! In my case:
I hire someone to take care of the yard.
I do the least possible amount of housework.
I don't have any rental houses.
Most of my family is dead so no family drama and crises any more.

And I **STILL** have more than I need to fill up my time!!! I have had a whole lifetime to dream of what I would do in retirement, and it's more than enough for me. :D

Life is SO good. :dance:

Last edited:

I was going to say take 'im out in the back yard and using 00 buckshot shoot 'im with a 12 gauge a couple of times. But this is West Virginia....:D

W2R's suggestion has merit too.

You guys are funny!

I'm liking all of the death and dismemberment options. :)

Funny how suggestions are geared toward people's life experiences.

W2R was a oceanographer and would silence by drowning in the sea.

Walt lives in West Virginia so a big gun is involved.

Haven't figured out HFWR quite yet, but Texas LOVE duct tape. I know, I'm one.

Last edited:
Gee! No need for violence, guys.

I would just drink him to a stupor till he shuts up.

It's less about knowing what to do with my time and more about figuring out what my passions are. I'm one of those woo woo new age types that like this kind of stuff. ☺

I hear you! In my case:
I hire someone to take care of the yard.
I do the least possible amount of housework.
I don't have any rental houses.
Most of my family is dead so no family drama and crises any more.

And I **STILL** have more than I need to fill up my time!!! I have had a whole lifetime to dream of what I would do in retirement, and it's more than enough for me. :D
Life is SO good. :dance:
I have a very small yard
I do some housework
I sold my rental house
My last aunt just passed away. All my uncles are gone as are my parents
My DS and BIL live 3000 miles away
I absolutely agree Life is SO good:dance:

:2funny: No need to keep him in the attic. That's too close. Sink him to the bottom of the sea, with a silver dagger thrust through his chest (in addition to the duct tape).

This seems overly extravagant for a reknown LBYM'er like you. I would think a wooden stake would be just as effective and much more frugal.

I like growing plants and trees. So I think I would burn him to ashes and use them for fertilizer.

Back
Top Bottom