Annual Performance Evaluation (PeP)

Zorba

Recycles dryer sheets
With tongue firmly in cheek, here is my annual PEP after going half time on June 20, 2017.

Personal - Family:
Watched my DD graduate from college. Was able spend the time helping my DS as struggled with life/career issues. Had a long visit with my dad weeks before he passed away at age 85. (Exceeds Expectations)

Personal - Travel:
Utah Shakespeare Festival, Wyoming to watch total eclipse with family and friends, Amsterdam for museums/food, Bora Bora and Moorea ocean bungalows, Las Vegas for World's Men's Curling, Atlantic Canada for family, and Washington, DC. (Meets expectations)

Personal - Health: Gym 5-6 days/week to do aerobic and weights. Trained all summer for Fall bike ride from Pittsburgh to DC (GAP/C&O). Did almost no hiking. (Needs Improvement)

Personal - Hobbies/Learning: Home wine making. Finished Rosetta Stone Spanish language course. Started reading fiction again. Took over cooking duties. Began some basic meditation. Started downsizing stuff. Doing a backyard landscaping project. (Meets expectations)

Work - Functional: Various little jobs here and there as asked. Focused on mentoring junior colleagues. (Meets expectations)

Work: Research: Was on the team that found electromagnetic counterparts of gravity waves - many papers, much press, loads of fun but stressful. "I'm too old for this $hit". Gave science talks in India, Harvard, Caltech, NASA/Goddard, and various places in Europe. (Exceeds Expectations)

Goals for coming year - Personal: See my DS successfully "launched", i.e. independent and on his own. More (and longer) travel with my DW. Lose final 10lbs and take up running again. Plan some hiking/camping trips. Language immersion. Start a few more house improvement projects, Take a breath, and relax more.

Goals for coming year - Work: Wrap projects up. Don't start anything new. Reduce workload further.

Sounds like a pretty good year/review. I’m 5 months into full retirement and would have to give myself an overall rating of needs improvement. No complaints, but I need to eat and exercise better. I also need to plan out more activities. Pretty good with the extra family time (grand kids), but need to do a bit more travel and find things to do besides golf, though golfing on an as wanted basis is good.

Thanks for the update. It gives me the encouragement to do more and do better.

OP, I love your post - your performance evaluation is truly impressive! LOL and glad you are having a great retirement so far!

My last year at work the beginning of the year performance plan I submitted had the following:
"Retire by mid year"

I've exceeded expectations every year since I retired, thank God DW did have any input.

Back
Top Bottom