Appreciate your ER

As I sit here at work and am getting closer to my ER (2015) I often think about all of you out there enjoying your lives. I am off to answer 15 emails before I get called into 2 meetings, so I can get out of here before 6PM.

Please enjoy your days to the fullest and give a little thought to those of us still fighting the fight. Looking forward to my future.

I ER 1/15. Earlier this year, I decided I needed a big shift in consciousness regarding w*rk. Realizing this year required so much transition work in preparation for ER, I realized I didn't have the luxury of devoting energy to the shenanigans at work. Since that time, I have become totally vacant at work, emotionally and psychologically. Of course I continue to add value, but my attention is just not there.

I am currently at 39x spending. At this point, I am more at risk of walking off the job than getting fired. For this reason alone, which is no small point (almost walked in and resigned a couple of mornings ago), I remain totally focused on not putting any energy into work, lest I quit before my target date. As to performance reviews, I have my last one coming up next week and no matter what is said, I'll smile and say whatever they want to hear. Six months to go. What, me worry?

I am currently at 39x spending. At this point, I am more at risk of walking off the job than getting fired.

Well, I'm not at 39x spending and worry all the time I'll walk off the job. So I get your point on this totally. If I didn't feel a tremendous amount of responsibility to many of my co-workers, I know I would just walk away. Money be damned.

Performance evaluations for my staff have become a joke. HR doesn't allow ratings of 4 or higher (on scale of 5) or 2 or under without jumping through ridiculous hoops/unnecessary paperwork. I'm not sure why they just don't say outright "everyone gets a 3". As a manager, I already know that compensation increases are not tied at all to performance reviews. At least not at my mega corp. In fact, salary increases are calculated several months ahead of performance eval time.

I can't wait to retire!!!!!!!!!!

I counted the days but I started counting 5 years prior to my retirement!

I ER 1/15. Earlier this year, I decided I needed a big shift in consciousness regarding w*rk. Realizing this year required so much transition work in preparation for ER, I realized I didn't have the luxury of devoting energy to the shenanigans at work. Since that time, I have become totally vacant at work, emotionally and psychologically. Of course I continue to add value, but my attention is just not there.

I am currently at 39x spending. At this point, I am more at risk of walking off the job than getting fired. For this reason alone, which is no small point (almost walked in and resigned a couple of mornings ago), I remain totally focused on not putting any energy into work, lest I quit before my target date. As to performance reviews, I have my last one coming up next week and no matter what is said, I'll smile and say whatever they want to hear. Six months to go. What, me worry?

Sounds exactly like me.

Back
Top Bottom