Are you retired?

Yes
When DW wanted to retire from teaching at 57 1/2, I began to ponder joining her. She beat me by 5 months.

Retired, yes.

Retired at age 54.

Currently 63 going on 64.

Started to think seriously about retirement in my 30s and set a plan in place.

Plan was to get and stay debt free, max out 401K, live within/below my means.

We are not retired yet (Age 38 & 56)

Hoping to retire at ages 39/40 for me & 56/57 for the boyfriend.

I started thinking about & investing for retirement in my late 20's when I realized I would not have a retirement to enjoy with my boyfriend if I didn't make a plan and try to retire early. My original plan had me retiring at age 45 or 46, but my investments have done very well, and I will also have rental income, so I will probably partially retire around age 40....I hope.

Are you retired? Yes

How old are you when you retire? 52

When did you want to retire? 50 but life got in the way.

Yes

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Are you retired? Yes

How old were you when you retired? 41....currently age 57

When did you want to retire? Growing up without a penny to my name, I assumed I'd work until the day I died. Fortunately, that was not the case.

Are you retired? Yes

How old are you when you retire? 52, one year ago

When do you want to retire? started to consider it around three years ago (at 50), when my father passed away, we were already fi at the time, took what I thought would be an interesting job, that became massively uninteresting (and time-consuming) so I called it a day.

Are you retired? No

When will you retire? This year, possibly November. I am just trying to determine how much notice to give.

I have been seriously thinking about retiring for about 2 years now; I am 57.

I am retired.
Started contract work/ 2-6 month off periods age 54. Last work day age 57. Told my malpractice carrier I was retiring age 58.
Started planning age 27. At that point a vague thought of 59.5yrs

Are you retired? Yes, retired 1/1/14

How old are you when you retire? 55

When do you want to retire? I was aiming to retire at 55 and did!

Are you retired? No, not yet.

How old are you when you retire? My goal is between 55 and 57 (I'm 32 now)

When do you want to retire? I would retire now if I could

Are you retired? Yes

How old are you when you retire? 52

When do you want to retire? I knew 55 was do-able. That was the baseline plan-of-record for many years. 52 had always been a "best case scenario" in my spreadsheets. Turned out to be the actual scenario. :)

Not retired but FI. Currently 56. Want to work until it's not fun anymore. Some days that seems like it is years away, other times it seems like it could be much sooner. No current date target.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Are you retired?

How old are you when you retire?

When do you want to retire?

I like to calculate the average age of the people here FIREed. It's a long dream of my but never have enough guts or money to pull the trigger.

enuff

Retired at age 50

Retired at 53. Currently 55.
Planned on 54 but megacorp opportunity to leave early knocked :)

Retired at 40. Currently..um 40. Planned on retiring ASAP from the 1st time I clocked in at Little Caesar's Pizza about 25 years ago. Got *very* serious about it at the age of 30'ish.

Planned on retiring at 55, stayed on until 57 as the work was not taxing and gave me an opportunity to go and see places around the world in the course of doing what I did.

Are you retired: No.

Plan to retire in 16 months and will be 55 that week.

Originally planned for 59-60 but some good fortune and amped up saving/investing will shave off 4-5 years.

My plan is to consult maybe 200-300 hours per year for a few years if it's offered.

My wife has another 6-8 years that she wants to work. She is only 48 now.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Are you retired? yes

How old are you when you retire? 49

When do you want to retire? The first day I started working.

Are you retired? Yes
Age at retirement? 61
When had I planned to retire? 58, but then 2008 happened

Retired? Yes.

At age 60.

I started thinking about retirement at age 45. Then, I figured I'd have to work until age 67, mainly because I had no idea of what was needed. As I got better educated and my numbers firmed up, the age dropped to 65, then 62, finally ending up at 60. If the BS bucket got too full, retirement could've happened at 59-1/2.

Retired? Not yet!

When? 50 (two plus more years)

Started thinking and planning with first job right after college...25 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom