Blow that Dough! - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife has already asked for budget for window coverings, new furniture, pool and landscaping. Hopefully won't cost $300k, but I did budget $100k.

I'll wait for the inspection once I get close to the end of the 1 year builder's warranty. Then they can fix everything I missed.

Got pics?

Got pics?

IS6i1ny19uepqf1000000000.jpg

This is where we plan to blow some dough adding a pool and outdoor kitchen area:

ISqdvm5g5oo9a61000000000.jpg

Blowing lots of dough at the moment (though not all on fun stuff). I am shopping for a new 1-bedroom condo (probably around $300K) and a new car (up to $40K).

That sounds like fun stuff to me! I hope you find a really nice condo that feels like home to you, and a car that meets your needs and desires, too. :)

He did not save a dime. Pool, landscaping, interior decoration will make up the difference!

OP: Be sure to have an inspection done. New builds have have their share of issues.

I did miss the "new" home description in his post.

Yes. New homes always cost more money to become livable. But $300K is still a lot of money for landscaping and improvements, unless it is in California.

Blew 10K on a re-roof of the mancave. There were too many roof leaks even for me to tolerate.
In another month or so a white reflective elastomeric coat will be added. A black roof absorbs way too much heat, this should drop the summer inside temperatures a lot.

Buying a cpl screens today. A 70" for the bedroom and a 43" for DWs treadmill area. Bought some new kicks the other day... Timberline classic boots, Bulldog shoes and some Sperry dock sides.

Oh and on DW for her bday!

Upcoming...skates and alpine skis for the boy.

Blew 2 grand on a couple 8' x 10' hand made wool area rugs and rug pads.

Final Tally - Blowing it...in progress

Update on my 10/24 post (#874)

Dropped $3500 when it was it was all over, $800 of it with the favorite HS GF:) Really enjoyed the Dom with her ;)

To say that part of the trip "went well" is an understatement, already planning another B-T-D opportunity with her.....

Decided to leave my kids in the care of friends and head home out west for my 40th HS reunion this Saturday 10/27.

Miles + cash for air travel - $200
Checked 2 bags for the 10 day trip - $140 for the round trip
Hotel for 9 nights instead of couch surfing with family -$1200
We earned it 40 years ago, but couldn't afford it at the time -bottle of Dom Perignon to share at a home cooked meal with the now-divorced favorite HS girlfriend -$170
Knife sharpener for the same former GF so dinner prep goes smoothly - $50
Dinner out with more champagne this Friday with the same fav HS GF - easily $300

Over $2,000 so far and 4 more days yet to be scheduled to blow that dough!

Very fortunate......

Dropped $3500 when it was it was all over, $800 of it with the favorite HS GF:) Really enjoyed the Dom with her ;)

To say that part of the trip "went well" is an understatement, already planning another B-T-D opportunity with her.....
I'm so happy for you!

Love this so much I was going to take up a collection to finance the weekend if you ran out of cash! You certainly have earned this!

Now that's living the life.

Yesterday I finally checked out Kleinschmidt's, a Western wear store off I-70 about an hour from where I live. I was on my way home from a conference and usually when I pass that exit I'm just in too much of a hurry to get where I'm going to stop there.

Wow. I didn't even get past the sale racks. Found a pair of ostrich boots that I loved- Lucchese, made in the USA, had figured I'd be spending about $650 and spent $500.

I WILL be back. I'm not a shopaholic but I love good boots.

Breaking down and arranging for a regular housecleaning service. Decided there are too many projects and people I’d rather spend my time on and with. Heck, walking the dogs will be better for them and me then the never-ending sweep, dust, scrub.....repeat activities.

Yesterday I finally checked out Kleinschmidt's, a Western wear store off I-70 about an hour from where I live. I was on my way home from a conference and usually when I pass that exit I'm just in too much of a hurry to get where I'm going to stop there.

Wow. I didn't even get past the sale racks. Found a pair of ostrich boots that I loved- Lucchese, made in the USA, had figured I'd be spending about $650 and spent $500.

I WILL be back. I'm not a shopaholic but I love good boots.
Ha Ha! You and my daughter... I am putting in extra thick floor padding to minimize the "clomping" heard downstairs from DD's boots when she is upstairs!

Glad you had fun !

Blew some dough on a new Leica camera. And blew more dough on a nice set of pots and pans from Williams-Sonoma (they were 50% off tough).

I went crazy shopping for a smaller camera for my up coming trip and ended up with
a Canon M50 + kit lens 15-45mm f3.5-6.3 + 24mm f2.8+ 40mm f2.8 + 50mm f2.8 + 55-250mm f3.5-5.6 + an EF->EFM adaptor.

It seems crazy, but but ...

OMG! One lens plenty for Europe. I carried 2 for a while s but fiund changing lenses too much of a pain so went wide angie zoom only,

I appreciate all the support and encouragement!!

Yesterday, I booked her trip to Florida :)

Young wife is on an around the world trip for a few months. Final cost is unknown at this time! Because of her "looks", she has been upgraded to first class on a few of the 14 HR legs. Also, friends in NY,Dubai,Sydney have picked up all her hotels/food/entertainment costs! She was in Dubai for a week and had a Rolls Royce Silver Wraith with chauffeur provided to her from my good friends girlfriend. They were so enthralled with her, they want her to skip going back to Turkey and spend another week with them all expenses paid!:dance:

bought a Taylor 816ce yesterday. quite a splurge for a mediocre player.

We rented a car last week while visiting DS in Dallas and prepaid the gas at $2.63/gal for 13 gals. When we turned it in, gas at the handy nearby station was $2.45. Blow that $2.06!

OMG! One lens plenty for Europe. I carried 2 for a while s but fiund changing lenses too much of a pain so went wide angie zoom only,

Yes, I hear you. I am playing with those lens right now and will probably bring just two lens.

Thanks.

We rented a car last week while visiting DS in Dallas and prepaid the gas at $2.63/gal for 13 gals. When we turned it in, gas at the handy nearby station was $2.45. Blow that $2.06!

Assuming they charge you for a full tank of gas, then you blew more dough than $2.06 unless you returned the car totally empty. Assuming you returned the tank half full then you prepaid $34.19 vs gassing up yourself (6.5 gallons * 2.45 = $15.93) for a total of $18.26.

At least I think that is right. So, you can feel even better about blowing more dough. :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom