Blow that Dough! - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent over $500 on a Nintendo Switch (video game console), and 4 games to play on it. Pretty exciting! Well, at least for me it is. :D

I was adding up my spending for this year and thought I should jack it up a bit. :LOL:

Lol reminds me of my ole man. He was contemplating buying a gaming system, clearly he has too much $$$ so I asked him to buy me one too. Neither of us got one though haha.

Lol reminds me of my ole man. He was contemplating buying a gaming system, clearly he has too much $$$ so I asked him to buy me one too. Neither of us got one though haha.

Too bad! Some games have multiplayer capabilities, so if both of you had a gaming system, you could probably play some games together even if you live far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
Update on my 10/24 post (#874)

Dropped $3500 when it was it was all over, $800 of it with the favorite HS GF Really enjoyed the Dom with her

To say that part of the trip "went well" is an understatement, already planning another B-T-D opportunity with her.....

Blowin' the Dough over the NYE weekend trip to TX went as expected-$2100 of fun and family visits with the DGF.

I expect 2019 will be a banner year for B-T-D - DGF became my fiance NYE :)

Congrats! And make sure to start a "Blow that Dough - 2019" thread when the spending faucet opens - unless someone else has beaten you to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post

Update on my 10/24 post (#874)

Dropped $3500 when it was it was all over, $800 of it with the favorite HS GF Really enjoyed the Dom with her

To say that part of the trip "went well" is an understatement, already planning another B-T-D opportunity with her.....

Blowin' the Dough over the NYE weekend trip to TX went as expected-$2100 of fun and family visits with the DGF.

I expect 2019 will be a banner year for B-T-D - DGF became my fiance NYE :)

Congratulations! Great news!!

I appreciate all the good wishes and kind thoughts:)

The last 5 years have been interesting, and challenging at times. My kids have been a bright spot and it's feeling good to add even more light to my life.

To keep it on topic....Already started on the financial forecast for this adventure-to call it a "budget" implies fiscal restraint that isn't going to happen ;)

Will be updating as the dough gets blown, and it looks to start within the next 2 weeks :)

20k might be what food costs at some colleges.

I appreciate all the good wishes and kind thoughts:)

The last 5 years have been interesting, and challenging at times. My kids have been a bright spot and it's feeling good to add even more light to my life.

To keep it on topic....Already started on the financial forecast for this adventure-to call it a "budget" implies fiscal restraint that isn't going to happen ;)

Will be updating as the dough gets blown, and it looks to start within the next 2 weeks :)

We’ll need updates so we can vicariously enjoy the party! Soooo happy for you both!

What a wonderful gift- My FIL did this for our kids (and their cousins I'm sure) after MIL died. We will certainly remind our children that their grandparents donated generously to their education.

I haven't actually bought this (DW just laughed at the suggestion) but I think it would be a terrific addition to any diehard geek's or toolman's collection. Be the first on your block to have a robot snowblower, at only $9,850!

This is a custom 4-wheel drive remote control snow blower robot. It includes an Ariens compact 24″ Snow Blower and uses our powerful Wheelchair Motors. The power of this robot will allow you to clear your driveway and sidewalk while you stay in the comfort of your home or business. Check out our video at the bottom of this page for a detailed discussion and demonstration of this custom robot!
https://ozrobotics.com/shop/rc-4wd-robot-with-snow-blower/

Be the first on your block to have a robot snowblower, at only $9,850!

Or the LBYM version:

walkerplow.jpg

As previously mentioned, DW and I have recently moved into a new home. I tell myself that we got a pretty good deal on it since the seller was having "money flow" issues and needed to get out sooner than later. Well, we already spent a decent amount of change on new paint/light fixtures and we *knew* there was some deferred maintenance...but it's a bit worse that we originally thought. The inspection we had didn't reveal much of nothing, but me going in and figuring out the mechanics of the house has shown that there was A LOT of "deferred" maintenance. So far, we are about $8K in fixing things that have been neglected though the years. Thankfully, we have "budgeted" far in excess of that for these issues, but I would rather blow that dough on something more exciting than a septic system! ;)

20K is a pretty generous gift to a college fund, and I am sure it will buy more than food at most colleges.

Depends on public vs. private. Private is almost $240,000 now for 4 years of tuition, fees room and board. Good State school about $100,000 for the same.

Sad to say this guy will probably be knocking on the door asking if he can shovel the drive before the preteens will.

16 winters here and only once did a kid want a shoveling job. Hired him even though I have a good snowblower.
From 8 to 14 years old we made spending money every good snow fall. </GeezerRant>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom