Glass of Water

boont

Recycles dryer sheets
How many of you have a glass of water by your bed? Mine is there now, but wasn't there when I was in my thirties.

So. what's the deal?

Are we drying out or what?

boont

No, I don't have water by my bed. I'm only 31 and already have to get up every 4 hours(on average) to pee. The last thing I want to do is drink more water near or during bed time.

In winter when it is cold and dry here to the point of having static electricity I often put a glass of water on my bedside table.

Hi boont - Water needs do not change on their own. But as we age, we develop a decreased sense of thirst (hence increased risk of dehydration). Thirst can be a symptom of specific conditions (i.e. diabetes) - so if you experience extreme thirst, please get a checkup.

So. what's the deal?

I keep a small glass of water near the bed. I don't really need it (unless I have had way too much to drink) but it's the habit of a lifetime.

Drinking room-temperature water is not on my list of "favorite things." I had never heard of such a thing... and I live in an area of extremely low humidity.

I have a bottle of mineral water. I don't drink much during the day and sometimes get thirsty at night. Also, there might be too much dust in my bedroom.

No, I don't have water by my bed. I'm only 31 and already have to get up every 4 hours(on average) to pee. The last thing I want to do is drink more water near or during bed time.

That doesn't sound normal at your age and you might want to get that checked out if you have not already done so.

I keep a glass of water by my bed. I wake up once almost every night to urinate. When returning to bed I usually have a small drink because my mouth and throat are dry. My wife says that is probably due to my snoring and she's probably right.

Yup, gotta have a glass of water next to my bed. As we age I don't know if it's such a good idea as I just have to get up more often if I use it. (heh)

I keep a glass of water by my bed. I wake up once almost every night to urinate. When returning to bed I usually have a small drink because my mouth and throat are dry. My wife says that is probably due to my snoring and she's probably right.

I do too, probably for the same reason. I fill a thermos mug with ice every night then add water, but it's mostly ice. I don't always take a sip but many times after returning from my various bathroom breaks, I just take a sip to wet my whistle.

I also think those little sips of ice water helps with my hot flashes...:mad: It's also there in case I need to dip my fingers into it to cool my face/body.:mad:

I don't keep a glass of water by my bed, and have never heard of anyone doing this before now.

I think it depends on humidity levels. The humidity around here varies quite a bit, and during low humidity periods I do need to drink water at night. W2R probably never needs it because humidity stays high year round in LA.

Audrey

I don't wake up during the night, so have never kept a glass of water by my bed.

I don't drink water during the night, or get up to pee. During the day I drink water at meals and keep a glass in the kitchen. Before breakfast I drink a huge glass of ice water with my fiber caplets and medications.

We don't always or even often drink it, but as a routine we leave two bottles of water at our besides, one ice cold, and one frozen. One for the first hour or two (to be relatively cold), and the other will slowly melt but still be cold all night. Then the next AM we recycle to frige and freezer refilling only if needed. Works for us.

Did get a chuckle from definitive answer above. Clearly we are abnormal. as Maxwell Smart would say, "And Loving It!"

I think this could be related to whether you sleep with your mouth open or not. If you do, throats get dry and can use a bit of moisture occasionally. I keep a can of diet coke by the bed, since sometimes I get some post nasal drip due to allergies, and the carbonation cuts through it.

Yes, I have for years, and sometimes I drink it all sometime through the night. All bloodwork is normal...

I do know people who do this, but I'm not one of them. I'm looking more for a toilet at night than water if I wake up...:D I do chug alot of water all day long.

Cats would drink out of a glass of water if I had it--nothing tastes as good as YOUR water to them!
I only wake up thirsty if I've had too much salt in my dinner.

I keep a glass of water in the bathroom since that is where I am usually headed if I do wake up during the night (and I drink lots of water during the day).

I start out with an empty glass and fill it up as the night proceeds (it's a guy thing, don't U know?)...

How many of you have a glass of water by your bed? Mine is there now, but wasn't there when I was in my thirties.

So. what's the deal?

boont

It's an effect of environmental degradation. Pollution of our precious lakes and rivers by the military industrial complex has rendered the water itself less wet.

Ha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom