have a routine - out of house by 9/10am?

I'm an early waker upper but really would prefer staying asleep longer. I'm awake at 4 or 5, then read in bed for awhile until 6:00. I don't like letting my dog outside really early in the morning since she sometimes barks and I can't always hear her. So, I try not to let her out until at least 6:30. In cold weather, I sometimes go out in my robe and coat, with her on a leash....wearing my slip-on white boots. As long as it's DARK maybe the neighbors won't have me committed.:D

No, most mornings I stay home. I've been retired for about six months only, so still trying to get comfortable with a routine. Tried having certain days for this and that, like grocery shopping, but that didn't last long. Now I just run errands when I feel like it, or when I need something and can't put it off any longer.

I find that I'm really busy, but not at a hectic pace like when I worked. So far, retirement is very nice.

.......Tried having certain days for this and that, like grocery shopping, but that didn't last long. Now I just run errands when I feel like it, or when I need something and can't put it off any longer.

I don't have specific shopping days either, but I just try to NEVER have to go on a weekends! I prefer doing grocery store runs in the late morning or mid afternoon during the week.....that's when I've found the store the least crowded. I only go to the bank about once a month to grab a couple hundred bucks for spending money.......and I make sure to NEVER go there at 'lunch time' or on Fridays. Any other shopping and errands usually follow the same format as my grocery shopping and banking.

I stay out of the stores and banks during the busy times, to make it easier for all those busy working people to get all their errands done in the small amount of free time that they have..........Yeah, right! I stay out of those places at busy times because I HATE crowds and long lines!!! ;)

I don't have specific shopping days either, but I just try to NEVER have to go on a weekends! I prefer doing grocery store runs in the late morning or mid afternoon during the week.....that's when I've found the store the least crowded. I only go to the bank about once a month to grab a couple hundred bucks for spending money.......and I make sure to NEVER go there at 'lunch time' or on Fridays. Any other shopping and errands usually follow the same format as my grocery shopping and banking.

I stay out of the stores and banks during the busy times, to make it easier for all those busy working people to get all their errands done in the small amount of free time that they have..........Yeah, right! I stay out of those places at busy times because I HATE crowds and long lines!!! ;)

I am the same way. I also plan ahead around bad weather so I don't end up shopping on a weekend. I try to make all appointments for 9 or 10 AM. Sometimes I mess up and don't plan around holidays.

I also plan ahead around bad weather......

I got busy yesterday, and just figured I'd go grab some groceries today instead. Then I saw the weather forecast last night for wind and rain today (and for once the weather guy got it right), so I'm going to head out bright & early tomorrow morning (about 7am)......on a Friday.....against my better judgment......and grab what little I need to hold me over until Monday. :p

rental suggestions??

I joined and posted earlier today but now can't find myself (story of my life!) So I'll ask again.

Looking for Jan to Mar rentals in anyplace warm Texas, Arkansas. South America, Asia.
Anyone have some websites they can suggest? Or hints on searching?
I don't seem to be able to narrow it down very much.

I joined and posted earlier today but now can't find myself (story of my life!) So I'll ask again.

Here you are: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f26/2008-will-start-my-retirement-29438.html#post651548

Welcome to the forum. There are several members who live in the areas you noted in your question and they will be along sooner or later. One thing about this board is; don't get in a hurry. Most of us are retired and we do things at OUR speed. ;)

Use Google to search for places you would like to stay. Be more specific than a state or a continent. Asia is a pretty big place. The best way to find things it to get a map and make a list of cities or areas you might find interesting (beach vs mountains vs plains vs swamp etc. ). Then start searching on places like Fromer's to see what they have to say about them. There are many ways to find what you seek. Begin and learn as you go. Finding these places can be half the fun.

Back
Top Bottom