I didn't marry you for lunch

I recently retired from my outside business to join my wife who was already working at home. People

• Didn’t work out at all

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • So so – there are still some issues

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • It's OK

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Started off rough but it is working well now

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Couldn’t be better

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
Martha said:
In my part of the country, you frequently see old guys just driving aimlessly around or parked down in the gravel pit, cemetery or down some country road. We always figured the wives had kicked them out of the house for a while.

I thought in your part of the country that was what ice fishing houses were for! At least that's what Garrison says! ;)

Well, I'm still working and have lunch with my wife several times a week. We have spent some extended times together and we love it. Maybe things will change but I look forward to a lot of time with my wife when I retire. She is bugging me to stop working already, so we can do more during the week, unfair offerings, says we could go kayaking more :eek:

My wife is the person I would choose to be stranded on a desert island with.

In fact, in Rarotonga we arranged to be dropped off on an uninhabited island for a day. Well, that was only a day, interesting sunburns. But that was a good start.

yakers said:
we arranged to be dropped off on an uninhabited island .

I tried this with my wife. She wouldn't stay when she noticed I didn't get off the boat. :)

JG

Martha said:
In my part of the country, you frequently see old guys just driving aimlessly around or parked down in the gravel pit, cemetery or down some country road. We always figured the wives had kicked them out of the house for a while.
They're waiting for you to depart visual range so that they can get out of their truck and use the "Men's Room".

Mr._johngalt said:
I tried this with my wife. She wouldn't stay when she noticed I didn't get off the boat. :)
JG
How ironic that you would post a joke about abandoning your spouse...

yakers said:
My wife is the person I would choose to be stranded on a desert island with.

Neither of us can conceive of spending too much time together. We just enjoy each other's company, even when we get our brains completely computrifried, we both sit up on the bed side by side, each with our respective laptops within arms reach. We don't expect we are typical, but we just don't EVER get tired of each other. PERIOD end of story. I can think of worse problems.

Even though I'm semiretired (work during tax season) and wife does not work either, we have two grade school boys so our lives revolve around school, scouts, soccer, guitar lessons, tax season, PTA, and on and on. We each have our areas we volunteer in so we just check the family calendar and go about our separate ways juggling who is doing what with the boys after school, just have a lot more free hours w/o the work hassle.

RE2Boys

JonnyM said:
We don't expect we are typical, but we just don't EVER get tired of each other. PERIOD end of story.
Same here. It grosses out the other couples we hang around with...

Yakers, JonnyM and Nords,

You guys rock! It is so refreshing to hear about great relationships.

JonnyM said:
We just enjoy each other's company, even when we get our brains completely computrifried, we both sit up on the bed side by side, each with our respective laptops within arms reach.

Wait...this isn't typical?

It's so refreshing to know that there are other geek couples out there in the world. We don't know many of them in our real life.

Another happy geek couple here - with matching 17-inch powerbooks. Folks chuckle at us sometimes sitting side by side with our computers out on our patio or in a service facility waiting room.

Audrey

Back
Top Bottom