MJ's Southeast Asia Photos

MJ

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I decided put my photo link on a new thread, so it won't get lost in the MJ Resurfaces thread.

Well, I finally uploaded the photos, I have taken so far.
Considering how long I have been in SEA, I didn't take as many as most tourists would have but I plan to increase the number I take as I get into travelling more.

Of course, my private collection of explicit moments will be available on a pay per view website. Worth every $1000 you will pay for each visit. ;)

Hope you enjoy the free ones.

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s158/vagabond48/

Btw, photobucket can be a bit slow at times.

If it appears to be hungup, just press the stop button and then press the reload or refresh button

MJ :)

From all of the viewers on the board (I'm certain they meant to post after viewing) and those of us "home bodies" that will never make it to such places....THANK YOU for sharing your adventures and experiences!

I (for one) look forward to your next adventure! :D

VaCollector said:
and those of us "home bodies" that will never make it to such places....THANK YOU for sharing your adventures and experiences!

Thanks VC
but NEVER say NEVER!

I (for one) look forward to your next adventure! :D

I'm about 80% sure, my next trip, in the fall, will be to India for an unknown amount of time. I hope to expand my experience with yoga, meditation and anything else that might spark my curiousity.

I hope to get into taking a lot more photos by then.

MJ :) (vagabond at large)

living vicariously now though such great pictures is going to make it easier to dump this house one day and live it for myself. i can feel the metamorphosis already, turning from lazy caterpillar to fluttering vagabondwannabe.

thanx for sharing.

unclemick2 said:
Definitely not Kansas!

:D

Actually there IS one of Kansas in there. ;)

Thanks for sharing MJ! I hope to get to Thailand before I'm too old to enjoy it.

Sheryl said:

Kansas:confused:? Surely you jest! I could I have missed it?

heh heh heh - I looked at mostly the Laos ones so far. 8)

Oops! - cornfields! I just found it.

Great pictures - thanks for sharing! Brings back memories of the 2 times we visited there. A return trip is absolutely in the plans for us after we FIRE. We fell in love with Thailand!

MJ
Enjoyed the pictures.

If you get the time to answer, I would like to know where you stayed at night and if you carried belongings on the bike (I ride and camp every so often and wonder if that is possibly how you got around).

Tio z

Tried any critters:confused: :p

Attachments

• DSC02725 (small).JPG
    DSC02725 (small).JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 271
  • DSC02725 (small).JPG_thumb
    40.6 KB · Views: 9

Thanks for sharing MJ! I hope to get to Thailand before I'm too old to enjoy it.

My pleasure. It is Kansas and if you look carefully, I believe you can see Dorothy and Toto hiding in the cornfields. ;)

We're off to the wizard, the wonderful wizard of LOS.

MJ
Enjoyed the pictures.

If you get the time to answer, I would like to know where you stayed at night and if you carried belongings on the bike (I ride and camp every so often and wonder if that is possibly how you got around).

Tio z

In SEA, you typically stay in inexpensive guesthouses. I didn't bring large panniers with me so when I went on trips with my bike, I travelled fairly light. I packed my small panniers supplemented by a light backpack. Next time I am definitely putting a front rack so I can have panniers there as well and lose the backpack.

MJ

Tried any critters:confused: :p

Of course. It all tastes like chicken, Wait a minute that's rattlesnake.

I did try some fried insects that look like large maggots. Didn't have any special taste other than the spicies that are on them. Yammy.:D

MJ

Los

I more then joyed your photo's MJ and I want to thank you for posting them.

My wife is Thai and she is from CR. One of my favorite things is bicycles and biking where you have is the best.
Thanks again. Sendbaht

I more then joyed your photo's MJ and I want to thank you for posting them.

My wife is Thai and she is from CR. One of my favorite things is bicycles and biking where you have is the best.
Thanks again. Sendbaht

After I got over the "work" phobia of taking the time to load and label the photos, I was hoping that some of the ER folks here would enjoy the simple photos I took.

I plan to increase the number of photos I take in the future.

Thanks

MJ :)

Thank you for posting the photos, MJ. I plan on visiting all over SE Asia when I get thru with my duties here.
Is that an illegal cigarette, by the way? Ha ha!!!

Well...

Well, I guess you answered my question there. I think you meant Thai stick not Tied stick. I'm having flashbacks to the late '60's here talking about that...haha!

Well, I guess you answered my question there. I think you meant Thai stick not Tied stick. I'm having flashbacks to the late '60's here talking about that...haha!

"Tied stick" was a line from one of the Cheech and Chong movies.

HFWR (who has no idea what a Thai stick is! :angel: Really... :p)

Thank you for posting the photos, MJ. I plan on visiting all over SE Asia when I get thru with my duties here.
Is that an illegal cigarette, by the way? Ha ha!!!

Gee, after midnight, I wasn't sure. ;)

Just thought I would bring the thread up to the top again.

MJ

hey mj. how about some interior shots to give us an idea of the facilities and comfort level there.

also if you have a moment to read my last entry on vagabonding & visas, i'd appreciate your comments on how mandatory border crossings effect living situations overseas. thanx.

hey mj. how about some interior shots to give us an idea of the facilities and comfort level there.

I'll put the request in to the photographer. ;) Seriously, most of the GH I stay in are very basic rooms with inside bathroom and fan. I have paid in Thailand on the average $3 to $5 a day.
I'll keep it in mind next time I get to a room before I mess it up.

also if you have a moment to read my last entry on vagabonding & visas, i'd appreciate your comments on how mandatory border crossings effect living situations overseas. thanx.
Since this is my first real international trip I don't have a lot of experience regarding visa runs. I did get a "O" non-immigrant visa (you must be over 50) in Thailand that forces me to do a border run very 3 months. It has not been a burden to me so far.

MJ

Back
Top Bottom