My first week of ER....

shasta

Recycles dryer sheets
Was pretty smoothe and I have no regrets.

I got the natural anxieties about spending money so I am happy/comfortable but way below budget :)

Satisfied watching my investment portfolio. Nothing crazy happened, but did end the first week 8K up which wasn't bad. (the first day into it I depreciated by 5K hehe)

I guess as time goes on and I adjust ill feel more comfortable spending and wont be logging in to look at the small incremental changes in the portfolio daily.

I haven't gotten back to any kind of working yet. Just lazy summertime enjoying things that don't really cost anything.

I shall have to plan a fall trip soon and get out there in Asia for a bit.
:dance:

Great attitude Shasta. I'm 6 weeks into ER and although we've been living out of a suitcase as we await closing on our new home, it's been great not thinking about work...ever!

I still watch the portfolio most days, but it's on autopilot and I won't be making any changes. The AA is in place and the plan is in action.

We should close on the new home this week and hopefully be moved in by next weekend. Staying with family has been great, but can't wait to surround myself with our stuff.

Lazy summertime stuff that doesn't cost anything is great fun.

Happy to hear you are loving it. I would have suggested seeing a doctor if you did NOT love it. :D

Congratulations!

Take a long term approach on your portfolio performance & at least a 12 month outlook on your spending. Both tend to have unexpected highs & lows.

Congratulations!

Take a long term approach on your portfolio performance & at least a 12 month outlook on your spending. Both tend to have unexpected highs & lows.

Thats pretty much how things are set-up.

Excited to see how it goes.

Was pretty smoothe and I have no regrets.

I got the natural anxieties about spending money so I am happy/comfortable but way below budget :)

Satisfied watching my investment portfolio. Nothing crazy happened, but did end the first week 8K up which wasn't bad. (the first day into it I depreciated by 5K hehe)

I guess as time goes on and I adjust ill feel more comfortable spending and wont be logging in to look at the small incremental changes in the portfolio daily.

I haven't gotten back to any kind of working yet. Just lazy summertime enjoying things that don't really cost anything.

I shall have to plan a fall trip soon and get out there in Asia for a bit.
:dance:

Congrats, Shasta. And it is good that your portfolio has not had anything crazy happen to it (yet). When I ERed in late 2008, most of my portfolio (401k)dropped to zero because I had to liquidate it, with some of it given to me in the form of an electronic transfer (which took about 4 days) and some of it given to me in the form of a trustee-to-trustee check (which took about a week to get to me). So my old 401k dropped to zero in the meantime. And with the markets still in free-fall, the rest of my portfolio was still dropping, too (just not to zero).

A week later I got all the liquidated 401k money where I wanted to put it and all was back to normal. But for a few days it was a little scary seeing zero without having "my money working for me" (yet), as my signature line suggests.

Back
Top Bottom