Never Again

Bikechuck

Recycles dryer sheets
This morning I set the alarm clock (to wake up for work) for the final time. After 49 years of earning some form of W2 wages beginning at the age of 15 I am done this afternoon!

I am sitting at my cube patiently waiting for my 2:30 exit interview and then I will drive off into the sunset to begin the next chapter of my life. I was very proactive about handing off assignments, training my replacement(s) and getting all of my administrative responsibilities buttoned down so there us very little to do today other than to hand in my badge, laptop etc. this afternoon. I said my goodbyes yesterday so even that is done.

It has not hit me yet. I do not feel fear, elation or remorse, I do feel prepared unless the financial markets collapse and do not recover which is highly unlikely.

It is a sweet feeling for sure. Enjoy your new freedom!

Enjoy the exit. You will like it.

Congratulations- enjoy the moment!

Congratulations and enjoy! Well deserved after 49 years!!

Congratulations! Enjoy your day. And tomorrow, and the day after that.
Joy and elation may not come right away. It didn't for me, but it did eventually.

What will you do all day?

Savor the day!!! Try to enjoy every minute of it!!!!

Wait til Sunday night!!! (or whatever day of the week is your "Sunday" night....."

That's a L-O-N-G time to be dancing to someone else's tune......

It has not hit me yet. I do not feel fear, elation or remorse...

I am strongly intrigued by your equanimity, having no idea what sentiments will seize me when I follow you to the Land of The Free. I can conjure plausible visions of the entire spectrum of feelings, from terror to triumph, ecstasy to despair. If emotions do suddenly strike like a thunderbolt, I hope they are pleasant ones. :)

Meanwhile, congratulations on this towering milestone! I look forward to joining you in a couple of years. Will it be intense or surreal? Can't wait to find out!

Congratulations!

A! Fredome is a noble thing!
Fredome mays man to haiff liking.
Fredome all solace to man giffis,
He levys at es that frely levys!

(Freedom is a noble thing. Freedom gives man joy. Freedom gives man solace. He lives at ease that freely lives.)

— John Barbour, 1330-1395. This poem about Robert the Bruce is the oldest work in the Scots language.

Nice, In my old job very few people left on their own terms. They were either "jammed up", thought that they narrowly escaped being in trouble, had a health scare, or almost got killed. Seems like you left on your own terms. You own this wonderful exit enjoy!

Cheers! :dance:

About that market zombie-apocalypse; not that it could't happen, but history suggests that it is unlikely. As I told my expert worrier DW, if that happens, the only thing of value in our portfolio will be our metals assets. I maintain those in lead. 9MM, .357, and 12 gauge :cool:

For me, it was 50 years. Yup. Enough.

Enjoy and decompress.

Wonderful. It had me thinking back to my last day.
During the day, my DW sent me an e-mail wishing me well on this last day.
I packed up the remains of the cake, and drove to the train station. My wife was waiting at the other end, and we had a celebratory dinner.
That was January 2009, and I have never looked back.

When you leave today....welcome to the other side...you will find it refreshing on the other side. Congrats.

Congratulations! Be sure to let us know what it feels like when it "hits you."

Back
Top Bottom