Olympics, anyone?

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Just wondering how much interest there is in Olympic coverage. I was browsing the NBC website looking for a schedule and found a couple of iPad apps that look interesting, including one that offers live coverage - as long as you can show you are paying for a signal somewhere. Looks interesting.

I signed up last week. I had to verify I was a DirecTV subscriber via a link to their website. I'm curious to see what the online coverage provides.

I want to fit in as much coverage as I can, but I do have a busy schedule ya know.

I signed up last week. I had to verify I was a DirecTV subscriber via a link to their website. I'm curious to see what the online coverage provides.
I signed up. It will take a few tries to see how the application worksbut it looks promising.

I want to fit in as much coverage as I can, but I do have a busy schedule ya know.
Me too, but I'm sure we will find a way to fit this in. :LOL:

I just saw on the CBS News (hey, I already said I was a low-level news junkie :)) that the traffic is horrendous in London. Two lanes have been restricted to Olympic traffic only, so the rest of the traffic is moving quite slowly, bumper to bumper, next to the (empty) Olympic lanes. Maybe it's good not to win the Olympic games for your city.

All that congestion probably because they drive on the wrong side of the street. Didn't have that problem in Atlanta. :)

I will probably be watching some of it, although I won't schedule my day around the Olympics. I hope that gymnastics is shown at times that are convenient to me. It is amazing to see what people can physically accomplish.

All that congestion probably because they drive on the wrong side of the street. Didn't have that problem in Atlanta. :)

They have drafted in extra police to manage the foreigners driving on the wrong side of the road.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 5
I'm a sports junkie first and foremost. I'll probably watch every minute that I can. Track and field, swimming, beach volleyball (yeah), whatever. One of my golf buddies who is a former T & F coach is leaving tomorrow for the games. Looking forward to the basketball. I love it.

I am not a sports junkie at all, but DW and I will watch the Olympics every evening when possible. We love watching the Olympics summer and winter. I'll have to check out the apps, thanks for the heads up.

Another sports junkie here so, yes, will be watching lots of the Olympics. Love the opening and closing ceremonies the most!!

They have drafted in extra police to manage the foreigners driving on the wrong side of the road.

Is it true that the track events will run clockwise around the track for the London Olympics? :)

I prefer the Winter Olympic sports, but I have no doubt that I will get sucked in yet again and watch a lot.

Is it true that the track events will run clockwise around the track for the London Olympics? :)

:LOL:

I know that the definition of inside and outside is the opposite when it comes to roads. For months after we first moved to Houston I would listen to directions from folks who said things like, "Once you get past the Almeda Mall exit move to the inside lane and take the next exit to ....". I was always finding myself completely in the wrong lane. In the UK, on a motorway or divided highway, the inside lanes are the slower lanes and passing on the inside is illegal, but in the USA the the inside lanes are the faster lanes.

Wow. That was fun.

Seriously...that girl's got game, good looks and an infectious enthusiasm.

Do any apps allow tracking an individual athlete? There are a couple of locals in obscure sports I'd like to see competing, and there's no chance they will make prime-time coverage.

(If there is such an app, I will also be following Ms. Jenneke through the hurdle preliminaries. :cool:)

I pretty much only care about the women's soccer games that the US is in. Anything else I catch will be by accident/coincidence.

Wow. That was fun.

Seriously...that girl's got game, good looks and an infectious enthusiasm.

Do any apps allow tracking an individual athlete? There are a couple of locals in obscure sports I'd like to see competing, and there's no chance they will make prime-time coverage.

(If there is such an app, I will also be following Ms. Jenneke through the hurdle preliminaries. :cool:)

DH agreed that Michelle Jenneke is cute as a button in her warmup (well, that's what he told me, anyway :)). The runner next to her for whatever reason looked particularly glum in contrast while waiting to get on the blocks.

Unfortunately, "Jenneke finished fifth in the finals, however, and so missed the cut for the London Games starting Friday."

Our strategy is to check out the NBC TV programming during the day and record a bunch, then just watch segments of that. I get frustrated by the selections for the prime time programming as they are often too focused on full coverage of mass appeal events and leave out many events.

See this link for the NBC application (you put in zip code + cable provider to get scheduling): Olympic TV Schedule | NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, MSNBC, Bravo | NBC Olympics

frayne said:
I do like the lady's skimpy outfits.

This reminds me of the car wash scene in Cool Hand Luke when Paul Newman says, "boy, she knows exactly what she's doing".

Back
Top Bottom