Personal style

Freebird5825: Go for it !!

What a great topic. I am in my first month of retirement and need to find my comfort zone in this. I know I'll continue dying my hair. I bought a sweet sundress to wear at home and not bought anything else yet. I want the smart casual look when I go out and I think I'll continue wearing make up but low key kind. I think I need another pair of ballerina flats as the only pair I own is falling apart due to overwear. And I still wear all my jewellery - real and costume type as I can't bear to go out without ear-rings or rings. I think I know can wear more dangling type which I avoid if I was in office.

I need to reorganise my cupboards as I have 3 cupboards of clothes and now I have to transfer work clothes to the low priority cupboard and the casual ones get priority. That will be quite a project.

Since leaving my j*b in 1998, I've been the tee shirt, jeans and shorts wearin' kind of gal. Kept my hair short, grew it out a couple of times, went back to short... Traded in my sandals for leather biker boots... Have a closet full of police shirts.

Now my hair is getting long again...and I'm lookin' for some moccasins.

I guess we girlz can change our minds...;)

oh.....and I never leave home without wearing lipstick..

Last edited:
I think I need another pair of ballerina flats as the only pair I own is falling apart due to overwear.

Check out Born ballerina flats . They are cute & comfortable and last forever . My favorite pair is six years old and still look great .

Yeah....ummmm....my personal style can not be discussed on this forum...or any other forum for that matter. :LOL:
:-X

Your avatar sums it up nicely...........:)

Check out Born ballerina flats . They are cute & comfortable and last forever . My favorite pair is six years old and still look great .

I spent 3 weeks in London and Paris earlier this year, took 3 pairs of shoes, and wore my red Born ballerina flats at least 90% of the time. I used to think I had to wear Mephisto walking shoes...no more!

I have only been retired for 1.5 month and so far I haven't changed my style yet. Pretty much all my clothes come and will continue to come from Banana Republic, so my style is kinda clean cut.

corduroy-blazer.jpg

Nice...and don't change your style then. Just remember: no overalls..ha!

corduroy-blazer.jpg

Thumbs up! I really like this look. This is what I would call smart casual. It also looks good on females - and yes, I do wear something like this too.

No wonder bums talk to me like I am one myself. My jeans are too baggy. Even the area under my eyes is baggy.

Ha

corduroy-blazer.jpg

Thumbs up! I really like this look. This is what I would call smart casual. It also looks good on females - and yes, I do wear something like this too.

Doesn't this look kind of late 70s? Are there leather patches on his elbows? And when did mens jeans start tightening up again?

Doesn't this look kind of late 70s? Are there leather patches on his elbows? And when did mens jeans start tightening up again?

I don't know when jeans started tightening up but believe me...I sure like the looks of his jeans.:D

Banana Republic sells timeless classics . I really like their things . I purchase lots of gifts there for my daughter & son-in-law . My grandson is still a gap wearer.

Back
Top Bottom