Rivers, kayaking, fishing, nature- my sole criteria

oldcrowcall

Recycles dryer sheets
That is my primary passion in retirement. If I can find that at a reasonble price. Where are some of the best places for this? I am looking at the Crystal River/ Homosassa area of Florida. Seeking some good suggestions that I can research and check out. 

oldcrowcall said:
That is my primary passion in retirement. If I can find that at a reasonble price. Where are some of the best places for this? I am looking at the Crystal River/ Homosassa area of Florida. Seeking some good suggestions that I can research and check out.
That is almost heaven; the Swanee estuary is one of the most serene places I have been. I would suggest you avoid Crystal River proper due to tourist influence, but you don't have to go far. Look around Cedar Key and Homosassa. Prices are rising fast and you should be able to see good appreciation if you find some place in the next 6-12 months. Buyers' market now, and should remain that way through hurricaine season.

My wife is a realtor in Tampa and I can ask her for good realtors up their if you wish (just send me a PM with details).

It is one of my favorite areas of the state. I motorcycle up there when I can. Good plan!

Crystal river was my plan, we have the same interests.I don't think we could ask for
more from this area..The river and gulf are beautiful.I changed my plan's due to
the real estate boom. I have a waterfront lot I was going to build on and now for sale. Its not easy giving up that dream, kayak and fishing boat in the back yard.
Ten minutes from your dock and your in a tropical wilderness. Ten minutes from
home and your wife is at the mall. Seafood, hey,if can afford it, buy a lot
on the canals, build your house, and start living the good life. As for hurricanes,
they have been lucky. I talked to my lot neighbors at indian waters, they have
low ranchers, never flooded and most have been there since the 60's. Invite
me down, will ya!

Or the opposite corner - NW Washington. Not so affordable though.

Tennessess is very affordable, and 45" of annual rainfall make it very green, with lots of beautiful lakes and rivers, lots of wildlife.  Temperate climate, no hurricanes, and Nashville just named top city by Kiplinger.  Sleeper.

California north and east of sacramento. As Jarhead will confirm, its probably one of the more interesting and varietal fishing areas. I can confirm the kayaking is very good. Within a few hours of marin county/point reyes, the sierra nevadas and lake tahoe. Loaded with rivers and lakes. Real estate can be very expensive or pretty cheap depending on your needs

Back
Top Bottom