Today's the day...

sheboyganite

Dryer sheet wannabe
Good morning everyone. Today is it, my last day at work, a month shy of 28 years of service at our local public library.

It started out really well too, the local coffee shop where I splurge on a cappuccino once a week insisted on giving me a free breakfast to start my last day right.

My big plans for my first full day of retirement tomorrow? Getting the oil changed in my car.

Sheboyganite (I guess I should retire Ogden Nash now too)

Congrats!!
applause.gif

Sheboyganite, congratulations! That's wonderful news. I envy you the new life you're starting tomorrow.

Coach

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life. From my experience, it takes a while to recognize that and the first day or first week is just twilight zone. It is SO hard to believe that you never have to get up early and sit in traffic unless you want to. It is almost impossible to understand that you can actually receive pay for doing nothing. :)

Hope you have a good last day at work and a great first day of ER! Just think, if you wanted to push your oil change back a day you CAN. . . no conflicts with a work schedule. Sometimes it is just he simple things that give you joy and obviously I am VERY simple! :D

Congrats!

TG

Awesome! Congrats!!! At least let yourself sleep sans alarm :)

Congratulations! Now that you'll have all that time, maybe you can change your own oil (and save a few bucks).

Congratulations!! Time will really start flying now. September 29th will be my first anniversary of retirement and I can't believe a whole year has passed. When you go out tomorrow to take care of your car or do errands, mention to people along the way that its your first day. You'll put smiles on their faces! Have fun!!!

Congratulations!!!!
News like this gives me a lot of inspiration!

Congratulations. I've been FIREd for three months -- the best three months of my life.

Congratulations. I just saw a news piece claiming Sheboygan as the Malibu of the Great Lakes for surfing. Take that up now that you have time on your hands.

Very nice - Congradulations - now you can remove any alarm clocks that wake you up. Sleep as long as you want and enjoy the new expereinces that await you.

:2funny:

Congratulations! Best wishes for a very happy retirement.

And thanks for all your years of service in one of my very favorite favorite places in the world---a public library!

As far as the exciting first day you have planned (oil change), just think: you don't need to worry about fitting it into your work schedule. And you have Friday...and Monday...and Tuesday...and Wednesday...and Thursday...and Friday (I think you're getting the picture here) to do WHATEVER you want!

Good morning everyone. Today is it, my last day at work, a month shy of 28 years of service at our local public library.

Congrats, sheboyganite!

Now, you have all the time to read, so don't be burning your library card! :D

Congratulations to you! Hope all goes well.
Us w*%king types are still looking forward to that day. Enjoy:er:.

Congrats!! I retired August 1st and started my day by pulling the carburetor off my 59 Studebaker Hawk reworking it then reinstalling it.Tomorrow I'll do some easy work on my 69 VW Bus. Life is great

Congrats

Fantastic and good for you. Wish you the best in whatever you do in all the time you will now have.
I'm going on my 4th day of ER so you have company on when this all will seem real. My first day I took the sliding door screen door to be repaired, then went food shopping.
Again, congrats and post your feelings, thoughts and activities in the Life After Retirement group. I'll be doing so shortly.

Congrats and welcome to the club. Prepare to enjoy yourself.
... and Rewahoo is right ... permanent grins is a normal condition :D

Congratulations. 28 years that's another really good run!!

Great - have fun. Public library is one of our favorite places to visit every week.

Wow, Inspiration for all of us that are not there yet, but drawing closer!
Congratulations...I am grinning for you. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom