what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice drawing..........isn't that one of those "connect the dots and color it in" type books? :greetings10::greetings10:
All right, someone finally made a wise crack. Yay FD :clap:
Engineers don't usually draw freehand too well. We prefer rulers and protractors and shape templates.
I may actually do another freehand drawing, with more objects and stark trees and the dark snow clouds gathering before the next lake effect storm. I have a 124 color box of crayons that should do well for all the subtle colors of the winter landscape.
This picture was a 1 hour duration "do it because I was nervous" expedition.
Actually, it was fun, it was childish as hell, and putting it up here made me feel like a schoolkid bringing home their artw*rk to tape to the refrigerator. :LOL:
Doing these silly types of things keeps me young. I firmly recommend you all get some crayons, a coloring book (my dinosaur one is really cool) and act like a kid again. ;)

I think making the swan brown was cheating.

Doing these silly types of things keeps me young. I firmly recommend you all get some crayons, a coloring book (my dinosaur one is really cool) and act like a kid again. ;)

Uh, I got plenty of stuff, having two kids in elementary school, lessee:

Erasable colored pencils, Colored Pencils, pencils, Pipsqueak markers, colored glue, multiple stencil sets, 3 pencil sharpeners, 64 Color box crayon set, glue sticks, hot glue gun, glue sticks for hot glue gun, etc, etc.

I think my kids are open to a playdate with a new friend..........come on over.........:)

I think making the swan brown was cheating.

I agree.should have been arctic white........I think she was "color limited" in the waiting room...........;)

I think ya did pretty well since you were running "nakkid" (no cool engineer drafting tools"..........:D

Today is my annual "date" with my 82 year young adopted uncle. We are headed to the former w*rkplace holiday party, dressed to the nines. :D
His knees are getting pretty bad, so he has accepted my gracious offer to drive. :flowers:
We have a lot of fun with the 82 yo and 51 yo arriving together as a "couple". It's just too irresistible to not enable the ever wagging tongues . He's a worse chopbuster than I am. :ROFLMAO:

My attitude is very different this year - I am focusing on seeing the good folks I used to w*rk with and retirees versus the "smirk effect" I've have in the past.
However, I cannot promise my devil horns will be completely stagnant all day. >:D

Off to see the Wizard...:whistle:

Holiday party number 2 of 2 is over as of 4 PM. We started the day early, finishing up food prep and transporting a LOT of food to his w*rkplace.
I've been to some "forced smiles" events, but this one was over the top. My antenna for people's moods and body language is always very good, and even dh2b picked up on the odd vibes.
Not a lot of holiday cheer there today. :nonono:

Now we can relax and decorate our little 4 foot tree tomorrow. I promise a useful thread when it's all done. :cool:

Diddly squat. Recovering from my second cataract surgery. The colors, man, the colors!

I thought you'ld never ask.:LOL:

This is the verbal agreement, closing is months away, lots of paperwork to do. I am buying an investment property in a place I wouldn't mind retiring to. I have been watching the market for some time and I am getting a great deal at historically low interest rates. If you want to know more, PM me.

Does this put you closer to retirement?

It doesn't specifically alter my plans. I'm considering this a portfolio reallocation. What I think it may do is alter my mindset. When the ducks are in a row, my potential future home will be ready for me when my tenant's lease is up. I will then sell my current home (no tax on sale of principal residence :LOL: ) and pay off the 3.25% HELOC.

Martha, see my PM.
Meadbh

I met up with an internet friend and we went through: National Museum of the USAF - Home .

Several hours of wandering around on concrete floors: I will hurt for several days.

Getting away from a large building with concrete floors was one reason I felt better after retirement.

Yesterday, I spent almost all day with the family of on old friend of my mine who passed away this past week from complications related to MS, which he was diagnosed with 24 years ago. Considering the circumstances, we all had a good time catching up on each others' lives and pursuits...and had a lot of good ol' belly laughs reminiscing about ol' Bubba! :flowers:

He'd be pleased that we spent our time celebrating his life, rather than mourning his death! Had he been there to speak his piece, he would have said, "Quit your mully-grubbin' and get to partying.....Hey, who's ordering the pizza, and who's pickin' up the beer?!" I think we done him proud! All of us have always hated those excruciatingly sad and somber funerals. Granted, there is a time to mourn and grieve, but there's also a time to celebrate the departed's life....and that's strong part of our religious tradition.

So that was my 'yesterday'....As for today...got up had a nice breakfast, watched the birds at the feeders....went out about noon to clean up what little snow was left on the cars, walks, and driveway (about a 10 minute job)....continued working on my landscape and garden design changes for Spring (12 weeks & 6 days away)....went for coffee....continued on the design changes....hit Facebook and the E-R forum....now heading into the kitchen to taste test the first batch of Christmas cookies!!!!:)

I bought a house.
Congratulations on the house and the good price.

Goonie-Sorry for the loss of your friend. I agree that celebrating their life is better than mourning. I also like your countdown to Spring and your positive outlook on life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom