what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We worked out at the "Y" this morning, and then headed for home in freezing rain.
Tonight the lights are occaisonally dimming - lots of power outages west of us. Turned up the thermostat, and got flashlights in easy reach, just in case I have to go to the wine cellar in the dark:LOL:

Parsley potatoes for dinner with some green beans. ;)

Where's the beef? :LOL:

I am waiting for my pork loin roast to finish cooking. Temperature probe says 158F. Already turned oven off to let it coast. It's rainy outside, the front that blows in from CA.

Yes, life is good, particularly with a roast in the oven. ;)

Nice picture, Al. Looks like a nice camera and a good price.

Goonie, I need to borrow your Mom. Sounds like she could get me organized on my picture mess.

Happy belated birthday Moe.

I finished packing today and ran some errands to get money for DH and some groceries for him. After dinner, we went to PA to visit my niece and her DH and their 2 week old son. He is so very sweet and was a little angel. It felt so good to hold a newborn again. I am going to go to bed shortly, because I have to get up early tomorrow.

.....I told my SO that I'm gonna have a talk with Punxsutawney Phil - no shadows this year. Come on, spring!
Just a measly 57 days to go! :flowers:
.......Goonie, I need to borrow your Mom. Sounds like she could get me organized on my picture mess.....
Well.....she's not real quick about getting the pix organized! These are just the first batch of pictures from all of last year that she's got to get in the albums....there are a whole lot more to come!!!

Plus, she still has her "vacation" books to to put together....pix, ticket stubs, brochures, and that sort of thing. She does a 'vacation' book for each year, that includes all of the trips, both one-day and multi-day. She'll work on this throughout the year now.....gives her something to do inside when it gets too hot to sit outside in the summer.

Organization is NOT one of the prime character traits of either Mom or myself.....most times the old homestead kind of resembles Yucca Flats after the blast!! :D

Finally started the ceramic tile installation in the rental home master bath! Layed 80 tiles. Tomorrow we hit it full force and will attempt to finish most of the tile installation. Then comes grout, sealer and other finishing touches. Thank goodness for the BIL who lent us the high quality tile saw. Don't ya love relatives with good tools?

Saw the brightest rainbow I've ever seen. You could see the second rainbow also (i.e. a double rainbow (all are double, but you usually can't see the second one). Too bad I didn't have a camera in the car.

Had fresh, home-cooked crab for dinner. It's too good - I think we'll do that every week.

Spent much of the day writing out thank you cards to coworkers and friends who came to my retirement party on thursday. I actually retired on Jan. 1st, but the party was two days ago, because things were too busy in December to have the event then. Had a great party........many kind words spoken, many gifts (too many), great food, lots of laughs, and only a few tears shed. I will miss many of these people, but won't miss some of the work.

DW decided we needed to cook a nice dinner, so I helped her out. We made homemade pierogies (filled with potatoes/onions/cheese), grilled some backstraps with portobello mushrooms, big salad of garden greens, and a bottle of fine Tannot wine. Fabulous meal.

Checked the website of our workplace financial center this evening, and discovered that an electronic deposit for my accumulated vacation pay has been sent to my checking account at the bank, finally (hooray!). Should be direct-deposited tomorrow morning. I was beginning to wonder how long that would take, as I watched my checking account slowly go down these last 3 1/2 weeks. This helps to put my mind at ease.

Watching a little football now, and surfing the net. It's been a good day.

Worked 8 hours today on the ceramic tile project. Note to self: it's time to take a break when you drop and and break a tile, blop tile glue on the floor, then step in the glue and track it on the carpet....:blink:

Transitioning from paradise :D...to reality :(...somebody please remind me again why I live here. :nonono:

End of whine :LOL:

Attachments

• FLbeach.jpg
    FLbeach.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 3
  • gloomy.jpg
    gloomy.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 9
Cute comparison, but I'm calling foul. The home photo was taken on a gloomy day, and doesn't show you in front of your cozy fireplace/woodstove. Take a picture in spring or summer, or on a bright sunny day, or right after a snowfall and get back to us.

Transitioning from paradise :D...to reality :(...somebody please remind me again why I live here. :nonono:
We've been wondering that ourselves, but I guess awareness is the first step toward enlightenment...

Cute comparison, but I'm calling foul. The home photo was taken on a gloomy day, and doesn't show you in front of your cozy fireplace/woodstove. Take a picture in spring or summer, or on a bright sunny day, or right after a snowfall and get back to us.
I can curl up in front of a cozy fireplace/woodstove anytime I want!

Checked into my USN command for the next two weeks - and oh shucks - they are closed on Mondays! So, got signed in, and came home! Rainy and windy, so I am going to curl up on couch, work on uniform stuff, and knock out some homework...plus need to detox from a fun weekend in VA.

Wednesday was my birthday and it was a great day . My SO gave me very nice earrings and a pizza stone as I want to start making homemade pizza . He also surprised me with a large bouquet of flowers and a very nice dinner . Lots of little presents from my family and just a perfect day . Today I started looking more seriously for a new car . I like so many of them but none have real stood out so I guess I'll just keep looking .

What kind of vehcile are you looking for? Lots of choices these days.........:)

Freebird: Just your backyard and storage building....? I can imagine the size and style of your actual house!!

Freebird: Just your backyard and storage building....? I can imagine the size and style of your actual house!!
That storage building is custom built on a 20' x 20' concrete slab. Back when my hands were w*rking properly, I helped set up the concrete forms, skreet the concrete and frame the walls. I also did the staining on the exterior wood siding while the guys (late husband and a buddy) built the rest of it. I learned a lot! :D
My home is actually very modest. :blush: I ain't rich, just FIREd. :cool:

Actually, my intent was to show the stark contrast over the last 24 hours.
The good news is it is raining today, not snowing. We are locked into the infamous January thaw. Note the bare ground patches halfway down the yard over the leach field. :D

Well, if it's any consolation...and I know that it's not....if you reverse the order of those 2 pictures, that's about what I'll be looking at 3 weeks from today! :D

We had about 6"-8" of snow left on the ground the other day...then it rained and washed it ALL away. Now it's snowing again...s'posed to only get 1"-2". But regardless of how much snow falls here, the beach should be fairly clear of any snow accumulation when we get there! :cool:

Worked at the pd this morning. It was kind of quiet, but there were a few shenanigans to deal with. Spent a little time with a friend this afternoon....so very nice. :)

Have homemade cornbread stuffing in the oven...smells wonderful. It's been a good day.

Saturday I worked on my goal for the year, to learn to make really good homemade pizza. Luckily I have 11 more months because my first attempt was pretty lame . I'd roll the dough out and it would roll back .I ended up with a really thick crust pizza that looked bizarre . Where Is Crazy Connie when I need her ?

After a late breakfast, we ran a few errands and picked up some stuff we needed at the grocery and hardware stores. Then on the way home I saw that my friend that owns the local paver supply joint was at his office, so I stopped in for a visit (he's actually closed for the season, but was there piddling around). Then we came back home and while we were unloading the car, I noticed a chunk of rubber missing from the sidewall of one of my car's tires. So I went down to the tire shop and got a new set of tires put on.....they all needed replacing anyway, but I kept putting it off. And, of course, I had to stop off for coffee on the way home from the tire shop! ;)

We decided we were both to darn lazy to cook supper tonight, so I ordered a pizza from the grocery store deli, and got to try out the new tires in the snow going down there to get it! :)

Drove up to the range and shot my .308 today. I think I'll get back to doing more of this as the weather warms up.

Ha

I'd roll the dough out and it would roll back

I'll bet you have a lot of whole wheat flour in the dough. That makes it more springy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom