what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you've made me 'show and tell'...here's my riding companion...:greetings10:

Attachments

• DSC01335.jpg
    DSC01335.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 6
Okay. Kung fu, sword forms in the morning. Then to the campus library, cruised the web. Wrote an email to my brother. Looked briefly at summer courses. Came home (biked), made lunch, to the photo lab to pick up some photos, then to the city library and browsed magazines (Harrowsmith, Chatelaine, ...), came home, made dinner for family, cruised the web a bit more, went for evening walk with family, now, got some ebay sale items to box up.

....V

Went and had breakfast with the gang at BK....came home, and went to breakfast with the neighbor. Sometimes I skip breakfast all together, so I made up for it today! Haha!

After breakfasts I made a grocery store run to get some fresh produce for a batch of soup....so when I got back home, I started making a big batch of homemade chicken noodle soup to take to the soup supper at our Garden Club meeting tonight. I used a new recipe that a good friend gave me a while back, and it turned out very good! There were 10 different soups to sample and choose from tonight, and mine definitely made was a hit, because out of 6 quarts I only had enough left over for a bowl for lunch tomorrow!

So we got to eat a lot of really good soups, snacks, and desserts...and visit with a lot of really fun folks at the same time! Plus we got to share info back and forth about one of our favorite hobbies...FOOD!!! Oops, I mean gardening! :LOL:

Oh, and the weather was nice enough abgain today to sit outside for a while and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine, and listen to the birds chirping and singing!

Life is GREAT....and all the soups were YUMMY!!! :)

Have not had a LBYM time the last two days. Bought a new 42 inch flat screen TV to replace my perfectly good ten year old 27 inch. This of course did not fit in the entertainment unit which had seen better days anyway so I reduced it to it's smallest possible pieces and out with the trash. Put the TV on the top of an antique table I had sitting around a the Amp, DVD ect on a shelf the table had below the top. Did not like the result so went on craigslist and kijiji to see if I could find anything I liked. I decided a Dry Sink with a drawer would be just perfect. No cheap dry sinks on Wednesday so I priced lumber, hardware and other odds and ends to build one. Thursday morning there was a Mennonite made dry sink and harvest table for two hundred for the pair that was stained a perfect match for some other stuff I have. Called up to see if they would separate the two and they were very reluctant. I went to have a look anyway and bought both as the price was good. My Tv amp ect are now in and on the dry sink and the table is in my garage taking up space. I may try to sell it if I don't find a use for it.

So far I've had my usual pot of coffee and watched the sun come up on another nice day:D

Reflected a little on how nice it is not to get up and have 15 minutes to get the coffee going and get out the door and go to work:whistle:

Im gonna finish painting the last room in my house today. I've gotten rid of all of my junk and completely remodeled my house.

New paint, carpet, and laminate floors. All made in the USA, I've done my part to keep the slaves busy:angel:

Im looking forward to getting busy outside soon...

Had a lovely two days in Waikiki. The crowds are slowly returning but there are still plenty of vacant spots on the beach and the surf.

Spouse has inspected all of Ala Moana's and most of Waikiki's retail establishments and has declared them safe for further shopping.

I spent 10 hours yesterday listening to entrepreneurs & venture capitalists talk about the new business climate. I also got a lot of "Whaddya DO all day?!?" but one new acquaintance asked "How could you retire and NOT want to start up your own company?!?" We're going to have the talk about winning the game in the third quarter and just running up the score, but this is his life's entertainment and he seems to be quite good at it.

Our home-alone kid's biggest concern (as far as we can tell from here) was how to use the master bathroom whirlpool tub. I warned her that [-]centipedes[/-] I have no idea what's going to come shooting out of the pump's water piping. I can see that we're gonna have "boundary" problems with the next 149 days before she leaves for college...

Never got around to a rental SUP. Maybe this morning. Or maybe spouse and I will just enjoy one more morning of taking it easy, so to speak.

TGIFIRE! :clap:
Friday was always a semi-down day while earning a paycheck, but in FIRE, it takes on a whole new dimension. :D
To justify my oxygen consumption, I did 2 loads of laundry, and hung them up to dry. I made chicken/vegetable/pasta soup in the crockpot, and am now listening to instrumental soft music on digital cable.
I consider all this frenetic activity to be the new threshold against which all future goof-off days may be measured. :cool:

Went out for human and bird/squirrel food.

Learned that 1420 is time school lets out.
In Ohio it is dog's head out of vehicle window season.
There are two churches and 3 restaurants for sale within a mile of my house.
First lightning of year.
Snow is all gone.

Took Mom out for breakfast, then down to the township assessor's office to file the homestead property tax exemption. Next I dropped her off at WalMart because she had a pair of shoes from one in Florida that she really likes and wanted another pair....I sat in the car and listened to the radio and surfed the 'net. The next stop was at the feed store to grab another 50# bag of premium wild bird seed. Then it was back home for a few minutes.

Changed clothes and drove a couple of tons over to pick up an old friend of mine (my deceased buddy's ex-wife) for a very nice lunch at an up-scale restaurant. I had saganaki, a nice mixed greens salad with a raspberry honey vinaigrette dressing, and then cedar plank Norwegian salmon. She had the portobello mushroom fajita. Then we each had their homemade peach pie!

After I dropped her off at home, I headed another town over to hit the hobby shop. And I'm extremely happy that I did!!! I'd been "in search of" a couple of limited edition items, and I searched online, by phone, or in person from Canada to the Caribbean , and from Maine to SoCal.....with NO success!!! I walked in the door and my friend who owns the shop said "Haven't you been looking for a BLI E-unit?" Ummm, YEAH...I called you a few weeks ago! He held up a box and said "Got one for ya!!" So I asked him about the possibility that he'd have the other item. He pointed across the aisle at a stack of boxes, and said "Should find it near the top there." Sure enough...it was there!!!

So overall...it's been another fantabulous day in my little corner of the world!!!

Life is GREAT....and now my 1/87 scale California Zephyr passenger train is finally complete!!!

Attachments

• BLI CZ CB&Q EAUnit.jpg
    BLI CZ CB&Q EAUnit.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1
  • California Zephyr WP Vista Dome Car BLI-1495.jpg
    California Zephyr WP Vista Dome Car BLI-1495.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1
Ahhh...I don't know...I might have to wait until Sunday. I'm not a spring chicken ya know....

nm, take it easy, don't rush it, slow down, whoa there partner. First day of Spring is still a week away, and OMG, we lose an hour Sun. morning, that is unless you live somewhere like Arizona. R e l a x.

Breakfast at McD's, worked out, more woodworking on GN2B's (grand nephew to be) toy box, took a nap, got an oil change, biked 12 miles, built a workshop air cleaner out of a box fan and furnace filter, watched the movie "Crash" with DW

Played Bunko for the first time last night...I laughed, and laughed, and laughed! Fun night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom