Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #3041
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Wednesday morning at the Humane Society. Three dogs who needed pictures.

Then got the phone bill and noticed a charge I didn't authorize. Turns out someone logged onto a social network, enrolled, and gave them my phone number. Called the service, and they were very quick to cancel the service and post a credit to my bill. Called the phone company and they noted the charge as in dispute. If it appears next month they will push it back to the vendor.

Took a nap.

Walked the dog in a Pacific NW rain squall.

Dinner time!

-- Rita

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #3042
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Took a nice long walk in the rain, bought some coasters at Bed, Bath, and some grass fed beef and bacon at Whole Foods. Butcher knew just what I had planned for dinner. It was really delicious. Coming up the hill from town on a packed bus, everyone was in a happy outgoing mood.
Ha

Old 01-14-2010, 12:04 AM   #3043
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
No, it's not NO!

NO = Nitric Oxide (which is used for therapeutic purposes in my clinical practice)
N2O = Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas, which is what they gave bbamI....... which may explain a lot!)
Hey...y'all can call it Naughty Octane...it doesn't matter to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
I thought that was used only for kids, and there was an extra charge for it :-)

Should I ask for it the next time I see my dentist? :-)
I don't think there is an extra charge, but it sure wouldn't matter to me. I've got insurance and credit cards. When they ask me if I want it, I say, "Fill 'er up!"

I have a high tolerance in regards to pain...except when my mouth is concerned. Now, I could lay there in that chair and turn into one large twisted knot, or I can sniff the good stuff and feel fluffy.

Eh heh...just call me 'Fluffy'.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:13 AM   #3044
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
I have a high tolerance in regards to pain...
That figures based on those kinky leather boots you always wear!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:21 AM   #3045

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
....I don't think there is an extra charge, but it sure wouldn't matter to me. I've got insurance and credit cards. When they ask me if I want it, I say, "Fill 'er up!"

I have a high tolerance in regards to pain...except when my mouth is concerned. Now, I could lay there in that chair and turn into one large twisted knot, or I can sniff the good stuff and feel fluffy......
I'm the same way! For me, pain is NO problem....but I just can't stand having somebody's arm crammed into my mouth! They ain't workin' in my mouth, unless they gimme my 'happy gas'! I know when it's starting to take effect, 'cause the background music starts getting really weird and funky, and the steady rhythm gets lost and twisted. I can still feel the hands and tools workin' away in there....but I'm trippin' and I just don't care!!!

My insurance won't pay for the gas, 'cause they say it ain't necessary....but they don't know me, and it IS necessary! So I gladly pay for it 'out of pocket'. Besides, it relaxes me so much that a few years ago when I was having a root-canal done.....I fell asleep! They got all done, shut-off the nitrous, turned on the O2, and had to wake me up to tell me to leave!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #3046

Yesterday I had a filling put in.
Asked to be treated like a baby. Had all the pre-anaesthetic stuff and then some. The nurses couldnīt but stare at me with an odd expression on their faces..... My wife, and specially my son, canīt believe what a wimp I am.
Thanks to all my neurotic fears I can truly say that everything went fine.

BBB: I thought you were tougher.... Just wait till all the crooks and miscreants get wind of your fears...
Old 01-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #3047
Recycles dryer sheets

"what did you do today?"

absolutely nothing.....

No really, just exercised (ran 3-4 miles, lifted weights, crunches).

Now I'm ready for a nap.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #3048

Just about done setting up a new computer at home, we finally moved into the 21st century. The old one had Windows 3.1 installed on it when I bought it and has been upgraded so many times it was like the guy who still had his grandfather's axe: It'd only had two new heads and three new handles.

But I figure I got my nickel's worth out of it.

We're having a heat wave here, 43 F so I was finally able to wash the truck and get the worst of the salt off it.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #3049
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post

it was like the guy who still had his grandfather's axe: It'd only had two new heads and three new handles.

Ahhh! Haven't heard anyone else use that for quite a while -thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #3050
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
I'm the same way! For me, pain is NO problem....but I just can't stand having somebody's arm crammed into my mouth! They ain't workin' in my mouth, unless they gimme my 'happy gas'! I know when it's starting to take effect, 'cause the background music starts getting really weird and funky, and the steady rhythm gets lost and twisted. I can still feel the hands and tools workin' away in there....but I'm trippin' and I just don't care!!!

My insurance won't pay for the gas, 'cause they say it ain't necessary....but they don't know me, and it IS necessary! So I gladly pay for it 'out of pocket'. Besides, it relaxes me so much that a few years ago when I was having a root-canal done.....I fell asleep! They got all done, shut-off the nitrous, turned on the O2, and had to wake me up to tell me to leave!
LBYM, brown bag it.

1 Box of 10 BestWhip 8 gram N2O Chargers [N2O 10 pk] - $4.65 : BestWhip, Highest Quality N2O, CO2 products and accessories
Old 01-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #3051

Went to Burger King and had tacos for breakfast, then drove through the car-wash to get all of the grime and salt washed off the car. Around noon, we went to the county complex and did our 'early voting' for the Feb 2nd election, then drove the short distance over to the DMV office to renew my driver's license. We were the only ones at the complex to vote, and I was the only one at the DVM!!!! Sure am glad I can do things like that in the middle of the day, during the week, in the middle of the month.....no lines, no hassles....just get right in, and get right out!!!

After that I went to the post office, and then stopped for coffee and a BS session with the gang. Now trying to decide what to do for supper....cook? order in?...or eat out? Hmmmm....decisions, decisions!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #3052
Give me a forum ...

Finally got to play golf. Temp's in the mid 50's but felt warmer. Another good day tomorrow but rain over the weekend. Just felt like a normal January day for a change.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #3053
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Just about done setting up a new computer at home, we finally moved into the 21st century. The old one had Windows 3.1 installed on it.
Windows 3.1 !!!!!!!
Yep, you're LBYM.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #3054
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
That figures based on those kinky leather boots you always wear!
Yep...I'm practically numb....

Didn't do much today as I was up a bit late from going to a biker bar last night. Nothing exciting happened, but I did laugh a lot.

ahhhh...I tell ya...it just doesn't take much to entertain me.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #3055
Recycles dryer sheets

I get to pull the toilet and rebuild it and change the water shutoff valve...

The wax ring and the valve both started leaking within hours of each other

The toilet better not be in cahoots with the elderly water heater, I might just retire that too and get my plumbing in order before we have a catastrophy here at the ranch

Ohh yea it's my birthday, Im gonna have some fun with my Lady after I get done playing plumber
Old 01-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #3056
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
I listened as the housekeeper did her thing. Place is now clean.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #3057
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
Ohh yea it's my birthday, Im gonna have some fun with my Lady after I get done playing plumber
I hope you wash your hands first....

Old 01-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #3058
Give me a forum ...

I took 44.5 lbs of pennies, nickels, and dimes to the bank and ran them through the machine. $36 just in pennies, and a total of $243 (plus some change ). Deposited it into the account, so I didn 't get any coins back. I have no idea how long it's been accumulating, but at least 10 years. I kept the quarters, though. They're useful.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #3059

Finally got around to taking down most of the rest of the Christmas decorations, and boxin' 'em up for the next 10 1/2 months.....dang, I shoulda just left 'em up! Ha! We still have a couple that have to be boxed up separately...tomorrow....and then gotta stuff 'em up in the closet with the rest.

After that I went for coffee with the gang, where we solved all of the world's problems.....again!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #3060

I sat on the porch and enjoyed the fog this morning.

What a wonderful day to be alive.

Parsley potatoes for dinner with some green beans.

TVM