what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recovering from an all day 12 mile hike in the Bankhead National Forest yesterday. What a blast! Who knew Alabama could be so beautiful. Lots of waterfalls, beautiful creeks and streams, big boulders. It was supposed to be an 8 mile hike, but the creek we needed to cross to get back to our transport car at the end was flooded high...no way could we cross it. Had to go an additional 4 miles to get across the creek and back to our vehicles. Whew!

Attachments

• Bankhead National Forest Sipsey River Hike 064.jpg
    Bankhead National Forest Sipsey River Hike 064.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 15
Well, this isn't me and it didn't happen today, but....

DH spent some time and played in a concert last night with Tom Malone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Malone_(musician)

You have to click on 'Did you mean' Tom Malone (musician) Tom is currently playing with the CBS orchestra on the David Letterman show.

DH is on the left...

Attachments

• Tom.jpg
    Tom.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 5
I'm sitting here smelling a 4 lb roast beef, seasoned with granulated garlic, onion powder, and black pepper, cooking slowly and sensuously :blush: in my crockpot. I'm using a injector thingie to return the juices to the inside of the roast. :D
I found the roast in the freezer tucked behind some bags of sliced ham.
It will be sliced thinly and transformed into Philly cheese steak sandwiches with swiss cheese and onions later on. The rest could be made into stir fry beef with broccoli, or maybe open faced roast beef and gravy sandwiches or...:tongue:

I rarely cook beef for dinner, so this will be a nice artery clogging treat for my favorite carnivore. :LOL:

I'm sitting here smelling a 4 lb roast beef, seasoned with granulated garlic, onion powder, and pepper, cooking slowly and sensuously :blush: in my crockpot. I'm using a injector thingie to return the juices to the inside of the roast. :D
I found the roast in the freezer tucked behind some bags of sliced ham.
It will be sliced thinly and transformed into Philly cheese steak sandwiches with swiss cheese and onions later on. The rest could be made into stir fry beef with broccoli, or maybe open faced roast beef and gravy sandwiches or...:tongue:

I rarely cook beef for dinner, so this will be a nice artery clogging treat for my favorite carnivore. :LOL:

You are making me hungry!!!!

We went down to the Knights of Columbus for their free, annual Palm Sunday dinner! Loads of good food, and oodles of our long-time friends!

Menu: Ham, turkey, dressing, cranberries, mashed taters, gravy, sweet taters, corn, cole slaw, rolls & butter, dessert, milk, and coffee. Everything was very good....and didn't have to cook any of it....and didn't have to clean up or do dishes....and it was FREE!!! :)

I'm sitting here smelling a 4 lb roast beef, seasoned with granulated garlic, onion powder, and black pepper, cooking slowly and sensuously :blush: in my crockpot. I'm using a injector thingie to return the juices to the inside of the roast. :D
You are making me hungry!!!!
Shall I make the thread USEFUL with a picture? >:D
You're not right! LOL.

sensual
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin sensualis, from Latin sensus sense
Date: 15th century
1 : relating to or consisting in the gratification of the senses or the indulgence of appetite : fleshly
2 : sensory
3 a : devoted to or preoccupied with the senses or appetites
b : voluptuous
c : deficient in moral, spiritual, or intellectual interests : worldly; especially : irreligious
synonyms see carnal, sensuous

sensuous
Etymology: Latin sensus sense + English -ous
Date: 1640
1 a : of or relating to the senses or sensible objects b : producing or characterized by gratification of the senses : having strong sensory appeal <sensuous pleasure>
2 : characterized by sense impressions or imagery aimed at the senses <sensuous verse>
3 : highly susceptible to influence through the senses

Synonyms "sensuous", "sensual" mean relating to or providing pleasure through gratification of the senses.
"Sensuous" implies gratification of the senses for the sake of aesthetic pleasure <the sensuous delights of great music>.
"Sensual" tends to imply the gratification of the senses or the indulgence of the physical appetites as ends in themselves <a life devoted to sensual pleasures>.
I'm not sure what she's implying either, but I'm certainly not gonna be late for dinner!

I'm down with stomach flu. This evening I thought I should gingerly try to eat SOMETHING.

I guess I qualify as a New Orleanian now, because half a muffaletta (split with Frank) at the neighborhood hole-in-the-wall seemed like the very best thing for my stomach. So far, so good.

You know - - being retired with the stomach flu isn't too bad. :blush:

I guess I qualify as a New Orleanian now, because half a muffaletta (split with Frank) at the neighborhood hole-in-the-wall seemed like the very best thing for my stomach. So far, so good.
You know - - being retired with the stomach flu isn't too bad. :blush:
Made me google it.

If you can keep one of those down then you're probably gonna live!

And I thought a Loco Moco was a challenge...

Made me google it.

If you can keep one of those down then you're probably gonna live!

And I thought a Loco Moco was a challenge...

Yeah, it really shouldn't be possible with all that olive oil! :LOL: I guess it must have a curative effect because so far, so good. Nothing like a nice, warm muffaletta for comfort food. Heavy as a brick.

W2R: Don´t take offence, please, but your avatar doesn´t suit your very nice and charming personality:).....it looks a bit sinister:)!

Over the weekend, planted seeds in the little starter "pots", DBF and I relocated our raised bed boxes (to fit better in the sunshine spots in the yard) and built the PVC "cage" for the deer/critter/greenhouse we designed on a diner placemat :)

W2R: Don´t take offence, please, but your avatar doesn´t suit your very nice and charming personality:).....it looks a bit sinister:)!
Hee hee! :LOL: Well, I don't feel very nice and charming (especially the past few days) but thanks for the compliment. :D

But then, I always wish to please my friends. Maybe the avatar below would be better. ;) I'm considering it.
6978-albums71-picture539.jpg

Played golf today, although not very well. Lot's of sun and wind. Wore shorts for the first time this year. Rest of the week should be mid 70's.:)

Hee hee! :LOL: Well, I don't feel very nice and charming (especially the past few days) but thanks for the compliment. :D

But then, I always wish to please my friends. Maybe the avatar below would be better. ;) I'm considering it.

6978-albums71-picture539.jpg

Mamma mia!!!!

I planted kohlrabi and a few red cabbage plants. Seeded some red Italian onions and mesclun mix for salads. Weeded my veg. beds some more. I'm going to have to see if my tractor will start soon - the grass is doing its April 1st leap. Spring is here and I have constant dirt under my fingernails.

Went to an ENT for minor tweaking of one of my ears. After two hours of examining and testing, the doc insisted I have an MRI done today.

Sometimes a day can get pretty crappy.
Sometimes a day can be a very good one. I got the results from my MRI today. It is clear. :)

(nothin' in my head, but I think we all kinda figured that :LOL:)

I want to thank everyone for the good wishes, concern and prayers from the public forum and through PMs. Y'all have no idea how much your support means to me. :flowers:

Sometimes a day can be a very good one. I got the results from my MRI today. It is clear. :)

I want to thank everyone for the good wishes, concern and prayers from the public forum and through PMs. Y'all have no idea how much your support means to me. :flowers:

WONDERFUL!! I am so glad to hear this. :clap:

When I first heard of your visit to the ENT it reminded me of the thing that happens to guys shortly after marriage. A membrane grows over the inner ear blocking out 99% of what DW is saying, but it does let key phrases through such as "dinner is ready", and "are you listening to me?"

So pleased to hear about your results today :)

I took my dog to the vet for his 2nd Lyme disease shot (preventative).
His prior blood tests showed his protein levels were low. The vet had called me and wanted me to provide a sample of his urine. :eek: NOT!!!
I told her today that I would change him over to a higher protein dry dog food, so let's skip the urine test. She pressed me a bit more, but I told her I spent half my tax return (a litle white lie :blush:) on his shots and blood w*rk last time, plus I had the second dog's shots coming up in May.
The combined cost of both rounds of annual shots means I ran out of money allotted to my dog care budget. Then I smiled. :D
The look on her face was priceless. :LOL:

YAY! :D

Regarding cranial contents...

Space...The Final Frontier...;)

His prior blood tests showed his protein levels were low. The vet had called me and wanted me to provide a sample of his urine. :eek: NOT!!!

Reason #6 for not owning a dog :LOL:

I used to have a great situation for over 10 years where our next door neighbor and good friend had a wonderful dog that I used to enjoy playing with, and also take for walks every day, and then hand back. She was well trained and the walks were short enough that I never had to worry about scooping poop :whistle:

Reason #6 for not owning a dog :LOL:

I used to have a great situation for over 10 years where our next door neighbor and good friend had a wonderful dog that I used to enjoy playing with, and also take for walks every day, and then hand back. She was well trained and the walks were short enough that I never had to worry about scooping poop :whistle:
The only reason I agreed to the original blood test was because he is on a daily dose of Potassium Bromide to prevent seizures. :( The dosing level needs to be checked once a year. Otherwise, fuggedaboudit. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom