Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #3221
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Dang simple girl is that really you and hubby? Lookin' good!

Dancing with the Stars perhaps?
Aren't you sweet!

Yes, that is actually us! As we were taking the lesson, we achieved a whole new appreciation for Dancing with the Stars...and were completely humbled! It is soooooooooooo much harder than it looks! Oh boy.

(49, married; DH 53. I am fully retired as of 2015 (well ok, I still work part-time but only because I love the job and have complete freedom to call off if I want to travel with hubby for work), DH hopes to fully retire 2018 when he turns 55 to access 401K penalty-free...although he may decide to do part-time consulting)
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #3222
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Hey now, you were the one that said your DH somersaults into the bed. I just can't get that image out of my mind.

You go girl! You two need to boogie while you're still young. Don't waste any time.....

Old 01-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #3223

This morning I went to dance class. Worked my bootie off from 9:30 to 10:45. Came home and practiced a new routine for another 45 minutes or so. It's got a tough add-on part that I'm having trouble remembering. I love the challenge but grrrr...frustrating, too!

Had lunch, then I was wiped out. Sat around on the computer for much of the afternoon. Then out to the grocery to get a few items for dinner. Made asian fish in a packet with broiled eggplant on the side. Yummy. DH and I opened a bottle of champagne that we won on our last Carnival cruise. We were contestants in a wedding game. Fun!

(49, married; DH 53. I am fully retired as of 2015 (well ok, I still work part-time but only because I love the job and have complete freedom to call off if I want to travel with hubby for work), DH hopes to fully retire 2018 when he turns 55 to access 401K penalty-free...although he may decide to do part-time consulting)
Old 01-30-2010, 09:03 PM   #3224

Quote:
Hey now, you were the one that said your DH somersaults into the bed. I just can't get that image out of my mind.

You go girl! You two need to boogie while you're still young. Don't waste any time.....
LOL, ain't that the truth! Every time I get up today from the couch I go "oh, oww, oh!" These old bones just ain't what they used to be. Also, last night there was a move they had us try where you spin, jump on the guy's leg, then jump of and spin again. We actually got that after a few tries and were quite impressed with ourselves...then the instructor said, if you are really adventurous, try jumping up (piggyback style) on the man's back at the end after the jump. Well, we tried that, and I ended up knocking my jaw pretty darned good...saw stars for a few minutes. Later on, when he showed off by flipping his partner backwards in the air...DH and I looked at each other and both said "NO WAY, we are NOT trying that!" Sometimes you have to test your limits to know your limits! We let the 20 year olds try that one.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:25 PM   #3225
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNIE36 View Post
Removed all the "popcorn" ceilings...
Hi Johnnie, I'm doing the same with my house - how did you get rid of your popcorn?

Don’t struggle so much, the best things happen when not expected. — Gabriel García Márquez
Old 01-31-2010, 11:15 AM   #3226

SG - I enjoyed the photo and descriptions of the dancing - I am VERY impressed.

Today we walked to our favorite coffee shop and boy what a reception!! It is owned by a family from Korea and we got to know them all between 2004 and 2008 before we went to Louisiana for 2 years. (mother, father, 2 girls and a boy, aged 18 - 24). they were soooo pleased to see us and were extremely welcoming).

It is pretty cold (30's) and I needed to wear my fur hat.

All our furniture arrived yesterday so now ( 10am) while my son and I watch the English soccer on the TV (Arsenal v Man Utd), DW is furiously unpacking boxes - lots of noise unwrapping paper but I fear an unpleasant reaction if I complain
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alan in fur hat.jpg (483.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #3227
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Time to update your avatar?

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
Old 01-31-2010, 11:26 AM   #3228
Give me a forum ...

Oh yeah...those same smoldering eyes....
Old 01-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #3229

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Time to update your avatar?
I don't think so - I preferred it when the rug on my head grew naturally and was attached via roots
Old 01-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #3230

Quote:
Give over, you're making me blush (besides, they are short-sighted eyes these days )
Old 01-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #3231
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI
The two photos are essentially identical...

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 01-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #3232
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Yes...they are......

Hmm, so anyway...ahem...so far today I've had a cup of coffee..
Old 01-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Photoshop is wonderful.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #3234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post

All our furniture arrived yesterday so now ( 10am) while my son and I watch the English soccer on the TV (Arsenal v Man Utd), DW is furiously unpacking boxes - lots of noise unwrapping paper but I fear an unpleasant reaction if I complain

LOVE the hat pic!!!!

Yeah, you are smart to keep quiet about the unpacking noise...or she might send YOU packing!

What size apartment did you move into? We upgraded from 950 sq ft to now almost 1500 sq ft, and we feel like we are in heaven!

Old 01-31-2010, 01:56 PM   #3235
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Make that 2 girlz who are affected by those eyes....

Did I cause a second blush perhaps?
Old 01-31-2010, 03:54 PM   #3236

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Make that 2 girlz who are affected by those eyes....

Did I cause a second blush perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple girl View Post
LOVE the hat pic!!!!

Yeah, you are smart to keep quiet about the unpacking noise...or she might send YOU packing!

What size apartment did you move into? We upgraded from 950 sq ft to now almost 1500 sq ft, and we feel like we are in heaven!
We went from 1200', 2 bed, 2 bath back to the 1420', 3 bed, 2 bath. The 1200' was actually quite roomy and we'll probably downsize to 2 bedrooms now that DS is only a block away so we'll rarely, if ever, need 3 bedrooms for visitors staying.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:24 PM   #3237
Give me a forum ...

Ok, after I had my coffee, I schlepped around a bit...then started my exercise program (again). 'Cause I don't think I'll want to wear sweatpants when it's 80 degrees.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #3238
Give me a forum ...

Is it inside the house? If so, you can wear minimal clothing like W2R often advocates as an LBYM way to save on utility bills for AC. Of course, you may or may not want to draw the drapes (depending on whether you want to "treat" thy neighbors).
Old 01-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #3239
Give me a forum ...

Oh my no...it's never 80 in my house, but it can get to 100 outside. I prefer the gams to be toned rather than looking like they've been hibernating during the winter....especially when I wear shorts in public.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #3240

Just purchased our Roth's for the year, purchased some shares in our taxable account, and rebalanced a little. Spent several hours yesterday determining the "plan". Glad that is all done and over with!

Closed Thread