what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy day:
Went to dentist & had incisors rebuilt
Farmers Market: asparagus, spinach, chicken gizzards
Vet: special cat food
Grocery store: various stuff

Mainland friends are dropping in next week, so the cleaning countdown has begun.

The tenant's old (broken) microwave is fixed, tested sat, and off the lanai. Glad to get that hangar queen in the attic for spares. Now we can vacuum the lanai instead of vacuuming around the lanai.

Ran Scooba on the kitchen tiles. Tomorrow we'll do the diningroom, and the day after we'll do the hallway & bathrooms.

New shower curtain. Not sure whether the old is worth cleaning/saving.

Fixed a backyard sprinkler, but I'm going to wait until things dry out a little more before I test it.

Picked up a lot of green waste but we have room in the can for more... cutting the palm nuts off the trees and pruning the bougainvillea. Green waste goes out Friday so I'll probably get the bougainvillea Friday morning or Saturday.

Picked the last tangerines off the tree. The stupid thing is blooming again, which will be its third crop in a year.

Now I'm goofing off before paying the bills, and wondering whether I should skip taekwondo practice tonight...

Mainland friends are dropping in next week, so the cleaning countdown has begun.

The tenant's old (broken) microwave is fixed, tested sat, and off the lanai. Glad to get that hangar queen in the attic for spares. Now we can vacuum the lanai instead of vacuuming around the lanai.

Ran Scooba on the kitchen tiles. Tomorrow we'll do the diningroom, and the day after we'll do the hallway & bathrooms.

New shower curtain. Not sure whether the old is worth cleaning/saving.

Fixed a backyard sprinkler, but I'm going to wait until things dry out a little more before I test it.

Picked up a lot of green waste but we have room in the can for more... cutting the palm nuts off the trees and pruning the bougainvillea. Green waste goes out Friday so I'll probably get the bougainvillea Friday morning or Saturday.

Picked the last tangerines off the tree. The stupid thing is blooming again, which will be its third crop in a year.

Now I'm goofing off before paying the bills, and wondering whether I should skip taekwondo practice tonight...

"I've seen a glass raised to tangerine..."

I take it you are tired of tangerines?
A man can only eat 2-3 per day. Neighbors run away when they see me approaching with a bag in each hand.

The papaya crop is coming along nicely, although they have a tendency to all ripen simultaneously at 4:24 PM next Thursday.

However I have high hopes for our lychee tree!

A man can only eat 2-3 per day. Neighbors run away when they see me approaching with a bag in each hand.

The papaya crop is coming along nicely, although they have a tendency to all ripen simultaneously at 4:24 PM next Thursday.

However I have high hopes for our lychee tree!

LOL, that's quite a problem to have! I guess I'd be looking up canning/jelly recipes. It would be hard for me to watch them go to waste! Of course I say that now, but if I were knee deep in tangerines, I might be singing a different tune. :)

I drove in to Pittsburgh today for the opera: Mozart's "The Marriage of Figaro". I loved it. It is a farcical romp set to wonderful music and true love prevails in the end. I particularly liked the movements featuring the harpsichord. Well worth battling the off and on rain and the traffic created by the Pittsburgh Marathon and a Penguins home game to get in town.

Mozart operas can be really funny! I recently saw "the Magic Flute" and the audience was in stitches!

Hockey, now that's a seriuos matter!

Ordered high speed wireless internet. It is finally available in my area at a decent price. Installation on the 15th. Got to change all my email stuff. Hatched 23 Chicks. My back porch is chirping. Going to Auction sale to see what they have. Resurrected my ebay and paypal accounts. Git to get rid of some of the stuff from the attic.

Was blissfully unaware of the mkt shenanigans today as I cleaned my house, made banana nut cookies and took pics of my kitties....:)

Then, I got on the internet...:p

Started watching Fox Business Channel about 2PM for some reason and I was in for the ride of my life over the next 2 hours. Really enjoyed the ride down of the S&P 500 and back up. Roller coaster fun at no cost. I controlled my emotions and made to stupid buy/sell moves that I may regret in the long run.

As exciting as a Thursday could be...well unless DW will give me some tonight.:ROFLMAO:

Today a big river otter crossed the road in front of me on my bike ride.

Got to change all my email stuff.

I recommend gmail.

Flight of the Freebird

I just got back yesterday from 15 days in sunny Daytona Beach Florida.
I unpacked, caught up on a few things, and just woke up from a recliner nap. We'll call it jet lag without a time zone change. :LOL:
Pics coming as soon as I download them from my cell phone.
Back in the saddle again! :cool:

Today I packed for my vacation next week (not sure if it's still a vacation if you are retired ) . We'll be going to Cozumel , Costa Rica and Panama . Gary & I travel well together so it's always fun .

Cut the grass, washed my truck, put a coat of wax on the toy box I'm making, and made an ice cream run when I heard of the market debacle.

Grocery store run (yawn) but filled four 5-gallon gas cans at $2.49/gallon with the grocery store discount. Used two to fill DW's car, keep the rest for the bike.

Got on the bike and went to Hagerstown to buy a tank bag to hold the camera so I don't have to rummage around in the saddlebags when I see a photo op. Wandered out of Hagerstown and ended up west on MD Rt 77 through Cunningham Falls State Park, but found no place to pull over for decent photos. Ended up in Thurmont, MD and meandered back home via MD Rt 15 to 340 to 17 to Middletown, MD, Sharpsburg, MD, and Sheperdstown, WV.

Mowed the back yard.

Rode the bike to the grocery store for the liquid soap I forgot on the earlier grocery run.

Sat out on the screened-in back porch with DW, a glass of wine, and thought "Life is good."

Today I packed for my vacation next week (not sure if it's still a vacation if you are retired ) .
"Vacation" = "not going to work", sure.

But there's also "not cooking meals", "not cleaning", "not doing laundry", "not doing yardwork", "not running errands", "not paying bills & balancing the checkbook", "not answering the phone or the mail", "eating whatever you want", "drinking whatever/whenever you want"...

We'll be going to Cozumel , Costa Rica and Panama .
We'll wait for your surf report!

Made gizzard noodle soup for breakfast
Fruit for lunch
Supper: maybe bacon mushroom omelet

Today I packed for my vacation next week (not sure if it's still a vacation if you are retired ) . We'll be going to Cozumel , Costa Rica and Panama . Gary & I travel well together so it's always fun .
Hope you have a great time. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Made gizzard noodle soup for breakfast
Fruit for lunch
Supper: maybe bacon mushroom omelet
Lunch and supper sound good. I am not much for chicken noodle soup and gizzard noodle soup sounds like it would be similar. Don't really know, since I have never had it.

"Vacation" = "not going to work", sure.

But there's also "not cooking meals", "not cleaning", "not doing laundry", "not doing yardwork", "not running errands", "not paying bills & balancing the checkbook", "not answering the phone or the mail", "eating whatever you want", "drinking whatever/whenever you want"...

We'll wait for your surf report!

May I add "not watching the stock market" to this list? That would really be a vacation! :LOL:

That's great Moe...I hope y'all have a wonderful time! We'll miss you..:flowers:

As for me, I have a dentist appt next week. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom