what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, let me rephrase that: Is "nearly" just like "almost"?
Pert near.....
sCh_cowboy.gif

Did some laundry, cleaned a floor, then acquired a very pretty and nice dog. For the weekend - dog sitting. even the cats think he's nice. In exchange, the dog's owner is taking me up to NJ Mon to (finally!) get my van RV. Not a bad deal, especially since I would have dog sat for nuttin.

The drywallers are out of my house. Yippee!

My furniture pieces are back to where they were. The only place that has not been completely restored is my master BR closet. They had to rip out the carpet due to some mold from the leak. I have decided to put some wood flooring in there. More work to do this weekend. Closet is only 6'x6', but with this heat - 115F this weekend - and having to put the saw outside the house, I dunno!

3 hours of portrait painting, in the style of the old Flemish masters. I'd insert an image if it wasn't such a pain.

3 hours of portrait painting, in the style of the old Flemish masters. I'd insert an image if it wasn't such a pain.

It's easy!

(1) Select the "paperclip" icon above the message you are creating, in which you want the image to appear.
(2) Select "browse" and find the image on your computer.
(3) Select "upload".

The image will appear at the bottom of your message.

DC Area Earthquake

I had a more exciting morning than normal - I was awakened at about 5am to an earthquake. This is a first for me, living in the DC area, and even though I hadn't experienced one before, I was pretty sure of what it was. Sure enough, received an alert about 40 minutes later confirming a 3.6/3.7 (OK, all you California folks, stop laughing now! :LOL:).

I amused myself for a good part of the morning reading all the news and finding the epicenter on Google Map, etc. Fortunately, no injuries or damage reported anywhere.

housekeeper showed up
she did stuff
I gave her money

This is week 2 of retirement - during which my S.O.'s mother has moved to senior living from a house so it's been BUSY.

Today I took her to the grocery store and we S-L-O-W-L-Y made our way through it. Then she insisted on paying for my groceries. We have to work on that - there is only so much fighting I want to do while in line.

She is exhausting but grateful.

I've done a nice restful afternoon watching "Lost" (I never saw it when it was on TV - I'm on year 3) and playing Frontierville on facebook. After the grocery excursion, I needed to do nothing else. And I am slowly working my way through the years of clutter. Cleaning out her house has been a real lesson in getting rid of "stuff". :D

Played golf this morning and it had to be the most miserable morning I have spent since I retired. It was HUMID! First 9 not so bad, but the 2nd was tough. I'm ready for Fall weather. This afternoon, watched the British Open on tv. Got to make a grocery store run later. That's about it.

Been rolling my eyes at the cats today. Last night I gave one of them a bath...the other cat is avoiding him. I guess she doesn't like the new cat smell....

I had a more exciting morning than normal - I was awakened at about 5am to an earthquake. This is a first for me, living in the DC area, and even though I hadn't experienced one before, I was pretty sure of what it was. Sure enough, received an alert about 40 minutes later confirming a 3.6/3.7 (OK, all you California folks, stop laughing now! :LOL:).

I amused myself for a good part of the morning reading all the news and finding the epicenter on Google Map, etc. Fortunately, no injuries or damage reported anywhere.
I slept thru the quake. Didn't notice it at all. I've been thru several when I lived in the far west. Hot nasty humid day today. Found out the dog I'm sitting thinks it's fun to leap at tossed crabgrass.

It's easy!

(1) Select the "paperclip" icon above the message you are creating, in which you want the image to appear.
(2) Select "browse" and find the image on your computer.
(3) Select "upload".

The image will appear at the bottom of your message.
Woah! You've unleashed a monster... a retarded monster, but a monster none-the-least.

Attachments

• IMG_2791.JPG
    IMG_2791.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 5
Woke up, got outta bed, showered, and dragged a comb across my head. Made a cup of coffee, then went to my PC to draft and sent a short bio to someone who wants to give me some occasional contract work. Surfed my fav Web sites. Went outside to scatter bird seed and squirrel food (pumpkin and sunflower seeds) on the patio. Then went to a local bank to purchase a $10k 36-month Flex CD. Off to the library to pick up a book (the new Cheapskaters one) and a book-on-CDs ("The Big Short" by Michael Lewis). Read about 20 pages of the book. Then to Costco to get $300-plus of stuff (including Sonicare replacement brushes, a new Brita pitcher and 20 filters, fish oil, floss, mouthwash--all "on sale" with coupons), and food. Came home. Put all my Costco stuff away in the pantry, fridge, and other places. Noted my hefty purchase in my personal financial accounting software. Right now, I am back on-line while watching/listening to ESPN's "Friday Night Fights" (pro boxing).

Woah! You've unleashed a monster... a retarded monster, but a monster none-the-least.

WOW!!! You painted those? You are so talented. Your paintings are beautiful. I love the one on the right. :)

"A Young Girl Reading" by Jean-Honore Fragonard. One of my favourite paintings. As a confirmed bookworm, I had a print of this painting in my childhood bedroom. Good memories!

Off to the library to pick up a book (the new Cheapskaters one) and a book-on-CDs ("The Big Short" by Michael Lewis).

Those are exactly the same two books I have on request at the library. Unfortunately I'm something like number 460 in line for The Big Short, so it may be a while before I see that one. :LOL:

Those are exactly the same two books I have on request at the library. Unfortunately I'm something like number 460 in line for The Big Short, so it may be a while before I see that one. :LOL:

So I guess we could say that the library is going short on the Big Short....

I haven't done much today, even though it's cool in my house the outdoor temp is 104.9 and this fact makes me feel listless.

I might have to get a part-time j*b to pay the electric bill....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom