what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you list your items with?
If you don't mind me asking?
Steve

It depends what I'm selling. If I'm selling camera gear I list it at fredmiranda.com. In this case, one of the items was some metal cases for housing homebuilt ham radio gear, so I listed it on the Yahoo Group for that particular radio.

If it's specialty gear I'm selling, I'll use the appropriate specialty forum. One of the other items I had to sell that day was a couple of microphones. I listed them on craigslist and by the end of the day had sold them to a guy who lived a mile down the road. He stayed for 2 hours and we talked about all sorts of things. I made some money and got a great conversation to boot!

Went out to dinner yesterday with DW to celebrate 22 years of wedded bliss.

After dinner we went to a nearby park to walk around, look at a playground she used to take her niece & nephew to, and take some pictures. Normally she's very camera-shy but since she was dressed & made up she allowed photos to be taken. After editing she even liked (some of) the results.

I'm getting back into photography after a long layoff and am enthralled with the flexibility of digital photographs and Photoshop Elements 8. I even bought a Wacom drawing tablet to make the editing easier. In another ten years or so I might even be good at it.

Went out to dinner yesterday with DW to celebrate 22 years of wedded bliss.

After dinner we went to a nearby park to walk around, look at a playground she used to take her niece & nephew to, and take some pictures. Normally she's very camera-shy but since she was dressed & made up she allowed photos to be taken. After editing she even liked (some of) the results.

I'm getting back into photography after a long layoff and am enthralled with the flexibility of digital photographs and Photoshop Elements 8. I even bought a Wacom drawing tablet to make the editing easier. In another ten years or so I might even be good at it.

You'll love that Wacom tablet Walt. The fact that it is pressure sensitive makes it even easier to perform edits on your images. It's funny to think that just a few years ago many photographers were arguing over whether digital was a legitimate medium. I found that I got a lot better a lot faster with digital due to the immediacy of the feedback as compared with film.

Congratulations on 22 years!

I'd been in a funk over the last couple of weeks, but yesterday I had a red letter day. I won a regatta Wednesday and yesterday won a golf match with a personal best score. That got me out of the funk in a hurry, though now I have no way to go but down ;) I should space these rare events out.

I'd been in a funk over the last couple of weeks, but yesterday I had a red letter day. I won a regatta Wednesday and yesterday won a golf match with a personal best score. That got me out of the funk in a hurry, though now I have no way to go but down ;) I should space these rare events out.

Congrats! Always fun to shoot a good score on the golf course. I played pretty well this morning, but my team lost. Tough to have to pay out on your b'day.:( Oh well, I will wash away my sorrows with a med or two tonight at the club.;)

Congrats! Always fun to shoot a good score on the golf course. I played pretty well this morning, but my team lost. Tough to have to pay out on your b'day.:( Oh well, I will wash away my sorrows with a med or two tonight at the club.;)

Hey, that 19th hole can cure a whole host of ills :) If you played well, that's all you can control. Golf is a cruel sport. Earlier this week I had a personal worst, ready to give up the game, then I get rewarded with a personal best two days later. Go figure. :facepalm:

Golf is a cruel sport. Earlier this week I had a personal worst, ready to give up the game, then I get rewarded with a personal best two days later. :facepalm:

Law 2 I believe.

LAW 1:
No matter how bad your last shot was, you should have inner peace knowing that a worse one is yet to come. (This law does not expire on the 18th hole, since it has the supernatural tendency to extend over the course of a tournament, a summer and, eventually, a lifetime.)
LAW 2:
Your best round of golf will be followed almost immediately by your worst round ever. The probability of the latter increases with the number of people you tell about the former.
LAW 3:
Brand new golf balls are water-magnetic. (Though this cannot be proven in the lab, it is a known fact that the more expensive the golf ball, the greater its attraction to water. Expensive clubs have been known to be partly made with this most unusual natural alloy.)
LAW 4:
Golf balls never bounce off of trees back into play. If one does, the tree is breaking a law of the universe and should be cut down.
LAW 5:
No matter what causes a golfer to muff a shot, all the playing partners must solemnly chant "You looked up," or invoke the wrath of the universe.
LAW 6:
The higher a golfer's handicap, the more qualified he deems himself as an instructor.
LAW 7:
Every par-three hole in the world has a secret desire to humiliate golfers…The shorter the hole, the greater its desire.
LAW 8:
Palm trees eat golf balls.
LAW 9:
Sand is alive. It will swallow your balls.
LAW 10:
A golfer hitting into your group will always be bigger than anyone in your group. Likewise, a group you accidentally hit into will consist of a football player, a professional wrestler, a convicted murderer and an IRS agent - or some similar combination.
LAW 11:
All three-woods are demon possessed.
LAW 12:
Golf balls from the same "sleeve" tend to follow one another, particularly out of bounds or into the water (See LAW 3).
LAW 13:
A severe slice is a thing of awesome power and beauty.
LAW 14:
The person you would most hate to lose to will always be the one who beats you.
LAW 15:
The last three holes of a round will automatically adjust your score to what it really should be.
LAW 16:
Golf should be given up at least twice per month.
LAW 17:
All vows taken on a golf course shall be valid only until the sunset.
LAW 18:
Since bad shots come in groups of three, your fourth consecutive bad shot is really the beginning of the next group of three.
LAW 19:
When you look up and cause an awful shot, you will always look down again at exactly the MOMENT WHEN you should have continued watching the ball if you ever want to see it again.
LAW 20:
The less skilled the player, the more likely he is to share his ideas about your swing.
LAW 21:
If it isn't broke, try changing your grip.
LAW 22:
Golfers who claim they don't cheat, also lie.
LAW 23:
A golf match is a test of your skill against your opponent's luck.
LAW 24:
It's surprisingly easy to hole a 50-foot putt when you lie 8.
LAW 25:
Counting on your opponent to inform you when he breaks a rule is like expecting him to make fun of his own haircut.
LAW 26:
Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.
LAW 27:
It's not a gimme if you're still away.
LAW 28:
The shortest distance between any two points on a golf course is a straight line that passes directly through the center of a very large tree.
LAW 29:
You can hit a 2-acre fairway 10% of the time, and a 2-inch branch 90% of the time.
LAW 30:
Every time a golfer makes a birdie, he must subsequently make two triple bogeys to restore the fundamental equilibrium of the Universe.
LAW 31:
If you want to hit a 7-iron as far as Tiger Woods, or as hard as Elin Woods, simply try to lay up just short of a water hazard.
LAW 32:
There are two things you can learn by stopping your backswing at the top and checking the position of your hands: how many hands you have, and which one is wearing the glove.
LAW 33:
Hazards attract; fairways repel.
LAW 34:
You can put "draw" on the ball, you can put "fade" on the ball, but no golfer can put "straight" on the ball.
LAW 35:
A ball you can see in the rough from 50 yards away is not yours.
LAW 36:
Don't buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it.

Painted the wicker rocking chairs that sit on my front porch. Purchased in 1987 and I decided while painting that one more year is about all I get out of them. They have held up pretty good to have been outside all this time---I don't even take them in for the winter.

Happy Birthday! :D

Happy Birthday, Dawg - You desereve an extra med or 2.

Yesterday I went to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential museum - amazing. Drove home on portions of US 66. Today joined the local historical society. The lady working there could have started local history.

Yesterday I went to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential museum - amazing. Drove home on portions of US 66. Today joined the local historical society. The lady working there could have started local history.

This the one in Springfield, right? We were there a couple years ago. You are correct it is very impressive... in fact the whole complex should be on everyone's "must see" list.

Well, now that I think on it, that whole of Route 66 from St. Louis to Chicago has much be included on that list.

This the one in Springfield, right? We were there a couple years ago. You are correct it is very impressive... in fact the whole complex should be on everyone's "must see" list.

Well, now that I think on it, that whole of Route 66 from St. Louis to Chicago has much be included on that list.

Yes - the one in Springfield - combined with the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library. I have to get back Springfield to visit some sites that I missed. I need to visit New Salem, Abe's former law office, other sites referenced at the museum, and the library again.

A lot of 66 is missing between St Louis and Chicago, but the remaining parts are a lot more fun to travel than I55

Six or eight weeks ago, I read this review on Buitoni Reserva's Complete Meals for two. At the time, I thought that would be terrific for those times "on the road" when one needs pampering but just don't feel like putting forth a lot of effort.

Today, I was in Wal Mart and saw the Buitoni display in the refrigerated section. There was a surprising number of choices but I remembered "Lobster!". There it was , "Shrimp & Lobster Ravioli" for two. I picked it up -- $7.98.

Buitoni | Home

This was one of the most delicious meal I have ever eaten. I steamed some Broccolli Florets as the only side. Admittedy it would have been enhanced with Garlic Toast but I slipped a cog during preparation and we had to eat it solo.

Nutritionally? 500 Calories (16g Fat) and for the Low-Carb folks, 68g (Well, we are speaking of Ravioli here).

We do live in wonderful times... woulda thunk that a TV dinner would ever be both delicious and "good for ya"?

Hey, thanks for all the b'day wishes. I did have an extra med or 2 tonight. I have not had one in 10 days due to doctor meds, so I had some catching up to do. :D

Hey, that 19th hole can cure a whole host of ills :) If you played well, that's all you can control. Golf is a cruel sport. Earlier this week I had a personal worst, ready to give up the game, then I get rewarded with a personal best two days later. Go figure. :facepalm:

Volatile just like the stock market!

I wish I could be more consistent (like a CD/GIC).

Six or eight weeks ago, I read this review on Buitoni Reserva's Complete Meals for two. At the time, I thought that would be terrific for those times "on the road" when one needs pampering but just don't feel like putting forth a lot of effort.

Today, I was in Wal Mart and saw the Buitoni display in the refrigerated section. There was a surprising number of choices but I remembered "Lobster!". There it was , "Shrimp & Lobster Ravioli" for two. I picked it up -- $7.98.

Buitoni | Home

This was one of the most delicious meal I have ever eaten. I steamed some Broccolli Florets as the only side. Admittedy it would have been enhanced with Garlic Toast but I slipped a cog during preparation and we had to eat it solo.

Nutritionally? 500 Calories (16g Fat) and for the Low-Carb folks, 68g (Well, we are speaking of Ravioli here).

We do live in wonderful times... woulda thunk that a TV dinner would ever be both delicious and "good for ya"?

There are usually coupons for Buitoni meals on their web site . Pre lo-carb we would occasionally buy the shrimp scampi . Very good but I did add a few more shrimp .

Poured myself a cup of coffee and went out on my patio....bad move. :p

My hair is getting long, so I piled it on top of my head....good move. :)

It's hot, so this is probably the last move I'll make today.

In a sense, today we disproved the maxim, "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch." One of our favorite restaurants provides regular customers with every fifth lunch free and today it was our turn for a free lunch. Somehow, it tastes even better when you don't have to pay for it. :D

Due to some cloud cover, we are having a little break in the weather (it's ONLY in the 90's! :LOL:). It is still too hot to do much outside.

It reached 88°F and I didn't turn on the A/C. Must be getting used to the heat.
Dumped compost; harvested a melon, a zucchini, and two large peppers.
Should have tomatoes in a day or two.
Cucumbers are suffering from drought and heat and some sort of blight.
No substantial rain in a week.
Really should do some weeding.
Made a large pot of vegetable soup.

Farmers' market tomorrow and supposed to be even hotter.
No substantial rain in a week.

Act 1: We got a new mattress/box spring combo delivered, they took away the antique. The old one was 20+ yrs old.

Act 2: DW picked up a tabby cat, about 2yrs old from the shelter. Cool fellow, made himself right at home. The shelter said he was a stray. He'll need a bit of training to keep off the kitchen counter and dining table. At least when we are around.

Now we will need to come up with a name. See if some significant act or behavior will lend itself to a name. DW gave me the task of naming him.

Our previous cat passed away about a month ago. She struggled to walk outside, chomped on some grass, and then just fell over. Was 16 years old. DW really missed the extra company of a critter.

Played golf this morning and played well. Drank lot's of gatorade so handled the heat pretty well. Came home and had to wait on the Comcast guy as I have been having multiple cable problems. Waited around a couple of hours as he ran new cable to my house. But didn't solve all my problems as they will have to send another guy to do some work on the main line at the street. Fun living in an old neighborhood. And to top it off, my a/c started acting up. Unit outside the house was cutting off and then back on again. Over and over. Placed a service call for tomorrow. But turned the unit off for a couple of hours and when I turned it back on, problem solved as it works fine now. Maybe I had a power surge earlier in the day that got it out of sort. Don't know, but if it continues to work well tonight I guess I will cancel service call.

Well......that's my recap of home headaches for today. Maybe a med will help.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom