what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, went on a hike to Mt. Rainier with a group of folks to check out the wildflowers in bloom. Was a wonderful day up there at Paradise, sunny, mostly clear skies and about 72. Got back late, and it was 75 and muggy outside. Here's two pics:

Attachments

• Paradise12.jpg
    Paradise12.jpg
    925.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Paradise18-Fools Huckleberry.jpg
    Paradise18-Fools Huckleberry.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 0
I went down to a Lake Washington Beach and watched the Blue Angels practice. They are at it again, I can hear them flying overhead.

I think Seafair is my favorite weekend of the entire year.

Blue Angels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ha

The Blue Angels are awesome. Practice is usually better than the show since there is little or no crowds.

Speaking of practice - I saw the Chicago Bears practice yesterday. I'd say they're super bowl bound.

We looked at real estate all day here in Missouri, even though we think we probably don't want to buy quite yet. We need to put our houses on the market and sell them first. I think.

We saw a duplex that may be exactly perfect, although we have to arrange an appointment before we can see the inside. But the neighborhood is beautiful, convenient, and walkable, the lot is a perfect size and low maintenance, the duplex is fairly new and very nice looking, and the price is very attractive.

I have to just keep chanting this mantra:

We aren't ready to buy yet.....

You're loaded, retired, and not getting any younger. Waiting for "yet" to show up may not be the best alternative.

Anybody wanna buy a couple of houses in New Orleans? :D

I just think that owning two houses in two states is (FOR ME, not for all the various landlordy or snowbirdy people out there in internet-land) a PITA. I have to remember that.

Besides, the insides of the duplexes could be a deal breaker for some reason or other anyway. If these properties are as great on their insides as they are on their outsides, then we'll have some soul-searching to do.

Repeat after me:
You are ready to sell now.....

Today (so far) I went to work.

Yesterday, I went to work (on duty for the morning) and there was some excitement, ER style. Spent the afternoon gardening. Just before closing, went to check out the XC60 at a Volvo dealership. Arranged a test drive for next weekend. Met up with friends, went to the movies (Inception, ****), drinks and snacks, then home.

I just think that owning two houses in two states is (FOR ME, not for all the various landlordy or snowbirdy people out there in internet-land) a PITA. I have to remember that.

It may be a PITA to own 2 homes in 2 states but it may be more of a PITA to have to rent between when you sell in LA and buy in MO. You'll have to move twice. Since you can afford to own two houses at once it may be a good idea. Something to think about.

We looked at real estate all day here in Missouri, even though we think we probably don't want to buy quite yet. We need to put our houses on the market and sell them first. I think.

We saw a duplex that may be exactly perfect, although we have to arrange an appointment before we can see the inside. But the neighborhood is beautiful, convenient, and walkable, the lot is a perfect size and low maintenance, the duplex is fairly new and very nice looking, and the price is very attractive.

I have to just keep chanting this mantra:

What city are you looking in (in MO)? I can't imagine moving to MO from New Orleans but YMMV... I'm in KC.

What city are you looking in (in MO)? I can't imagine moving to MO from New Orleans but YMMV... I'm in KC.
Oh, I'll help with this one.

When was the last time they evacuated KC?

There was a time that I thought evacuating was no big deal. I've seen dozens of them on television, right? Then I saw two of them up close and personal. I went to Katrina as a first responder, and a month later I was fleeing my own home ahead of Rita. I'll never do that again, and I damn sure can't imagine doing it in my 60's or older.

I think W2R and Frank are signing the papers today...because I thought I felt a bit of a rumble here in TX...

Talked to a friend today. :)

Have stew slow cooking on the stove...beef, taters, carrots, tomatoes, onions and will add black beans that I cooked separately.

Beans...hmmm...there probably will be a rumble in TX tonight. :whistle:

Didn't buy it because on further examination we found some problems in it, but then found ANOTHER perfect house. This is a single huge house with two large living quarters, each with a private front door entrance, joined with doors leading into a common oversized garage. In the back is an outbuilding containing an air conditioned 400 square foot workshop for Frank. The house is wonderfully isolated, on the corner of two quiet streets, with a golf course across the street. It isn't near many businesses, though I am tempted not to care. The lot is reasonably flat.

We left feeling somewhat schizo... how can there be two so nearly perfect places for us? Apparently with the housing downturn (in Springfield, Thinker! :) ) it is becoming easier and easier to find a great place. The best houses aren't getting snapped up very quickly so there are more available.

We decided to wait until we sell at least one of our houses before buying another. Meadh is right. Maybe this experience will give us some motivation to get busy and get our houses ready to sell.

Also, Leonidas is 100%, no 500% correct. I believe he understands what happened here with Katrina.

Did some maint. on my suburban.

For the first time since Tues. when DW picked up our new kitty, I named him Charley, let him outside. He poked around and disappeared in the bushes. Having left the door open, he showed up in the kitchen about two hours later.

I think this means he decided this is home. Much to the relief of DW, who was having fits in the meantime.

My motto: set them free, If they don't come back..... well it wasn't meant to be.

DW made salmon dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 0
Yep, he had a sample.

Had a mini reunion with some old, I mean, experienced Air Force buddies from 25 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom