what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least I'd need a bigger hot water heater!
120 gallons at 150 degrees, courtesy of the solar water heater. The thermal mixing valve limits the house temperature to about 120-125...

But the lesson was great, and I think I will be able to learn a lot from the teacher. Although she's not a jazz teacher, she feels that she can improve my technique and therefore my facility on the keys, and also help my abysmal sight-reading.
She's been teaching for 35 years and knows her stuff.
What a good way to spend some money, huh?
I'm impressed. I wondered who had anything left to teach you that you couldn't work out for yourself. I never thought that a "non-jazz" teacher could help you exchange bad habits for good ones or teach you new skills.

Of course you're her dream student-- plenty of time to practice and absolutely no excuses for not doing so!

Awake at 4 AM today and couldn't go back to sleep. A double whammy of being excited about some things to try on the piano and a bicycle mechanics project I'm working on. When am I going to grow up?

Awake at 4 AM today and couldn't go back to sleep. A double whammy of being excited about some things to try on the piano and a bicycle mechanics project I'm working on. When am I going to grow up?

Growing up is overrated...:cool:

Whole weekend: breakfasts at diner, watch both games each day, nap, read novels, snack on soup, and dippers in hummus and smoked salmon dip...snooze more on couch during slow games...grumbled about my preferred teams not winning...snooze some more...whatever I had planned has now been postponed to tomorrow - will figure it out then! (federal holiday - DBF gets to go to w*rk)

The shower of my dreams! Someday I'd love to have a big shower like that, with multiple streams of water, lots of light, a seat, perhaps piped in music, and all the bells and whistles. I'd never leave. :LOL: At the very least I'd need a bigger hot water heater!

How's this for starters?

grohe-freehander-dual-showerhead.jpg

Grohe Freehander can be converted from the double shower head into two body-spray jets in a single movement. Its 22" lever pivots 180 degrees and carries two heads that can be rotated a full 360 degree each. With all this flexibility, the Freehander can be used for "the individual body parts massage or a very pleasurable shower experience". It can also conserve water by switching to a reduced flow setting on one head, and shutting off completely the other head. Buy this Grohe shower head for the price from $410 to $565.

How's this for starters?

grohe-freehander-dual-showerhead.jpg

Grohe Freehander can be converted from the double shower head into two body-spray jets in a single movement. Its 22" lever pivots 180 degrees and carries two heads that can be rotated a full 360 degree each. With all this flexibility, the Freehander can be used for "the individual body parts massage or a very pleasurable shower experience". It can also conserve water by switching to a reduced flow setting on one head, and shutting off completely the other head. Buy this Grohe shower head for the price from $410 to $565.

OOOH!! If I ever get a shower like that I'd die happy. :2funny:

Yeow! For the price of that shower head I'll suffer with the old single-head one.

Went to a neighborhood open house-- 4BR/3BA, 1800 sq ft in two stories on a 5700 sq ft lot near a cul-de-sac, 20 years old, but surrounded by six two-story neighbors. $649K and they were willing to deal.

They tried to fix things up but the paint job was sloppy, the light fixtures were still filthy, the closet doors and bathroom mirrors were still a mess, and the place could use a new roof. OTOH there's not much for sale in this size around the neighborhood and Oahu's median home price is ~$600K, so this one might be gone by next month.

Spouse and I decided that one rental property is plenty.

OOOH!! If I ever get a shower like that I'd die happy. :2funny:
Wrinkled like a prune, squeaky clean, and lungs filled with water... but happy!

Last edited:
Woke up to 0F. It has warmed up to a pleasant 9F. Brrrrrrr! The good news is the sun is shining. :)

My annual routine mammogram is today, Pap is Wednesday. I have a mild nervousness about these things due to maternal family medical history, but I schedule and report for both without fail, every single year. :D

Oh, before I forget...LETS GO JETS ! :LOL:

+2F in SW PA at 7 AM. Went Ice skating. The ice was invisible due to the crowd of kids celebrating MLK day off from intellectual enlightenment. Which event I completely forgot about until chatted with the lady at the ticket window. Passed on the opportunity of mingling with the youth, went for Goodwill diving, then coffee.

By the way today is almost equidistant in time for MLK's and Stonewall Jackson's birthday.

37F with intermittent rain here today. Typical cold gray wet weather for winter here. Anyway, went bicycle shopping today and the rain stopped long enough to sneak in some test rides. DW & I bought a couple of Raleigh Detour bikes to take to the condo in Coz. Will use them to run errands around town and ride the coast highway around the island for exercise.

Icy roads this morning, now 38F. Heat wave!

Slept in until 8 AM, puttered around with laundry folding and surfing, then went to the Legion for coffee. I am now watching Mr B take a midday nap in the recliner. After 6 months, he's getting really good at this retirement thing. He is my best pupil in Goof-off 100 class. :LOL:
The big plan today is to go buy dog food and play some cribbage and socialize at the Legion to kill off the afternoon. We may get some freezing rain :nonono: later so we are staying a little closer to home.
I have TurboTax all installed, so I may start organizing my hardcopy receipts and do some data entry. Sometime sooooon....;)

Today we checked out places for my upcoming party . Instead of having a party at home I decided to throw a Happy Hour Party at a local place . So we checked out several and rated them on drinks and appetizers . It was a lot of fun and we settled on one so now the invites go out .

A good morning workout, more blog posts, more tax returns.

But mostly I've spent the day plowing through Scott Adams' "Dilbert 2.0". It's especially satisfying to read when our Scooba is cleaning the diningroom & kitchen floors.

Today the world's best surfers started gathering on the North Shore in hopes that they'll have waves in excess of 30 feet on Thursday. The Eddie Aikau has only happened a handful of times in the last 25 years, and this is only the second time it'll be webcast live.

Quiksilver - In Memory of Eddie Aikau

I don't know if the swell is coming from enough of a north bearing to get 30 feet at Waimea, but it's enough of a west bearing that I'm pretty sure it'll wrap around to the south side to give White Plains Beach at least four feet. Hopefully I'll be able to do both dawn patrol and watch the Aikau later on...

Woke up to a balmy -28C. Went to DS's house and completed the plumbing to replace the closet flange for the john and the subfloor in "en-suite". Since this reno (started in Oct. is nearly done), loaded a bunch of my tools in the truck and came home. Had a glass or two of "grape juice" and planned the unloading of the truck for tomorrow.

-5 F Monday morning, +40 F for a high yesterday, +8 F for a low tonight Pick a temperature already. Did not get the freezing rain. Yea. Saw catprints in the snow Monday, a little later saw a gray cat wandering near the barn. Put dog food out for dog and the cat ate it before I let the dog out. Yesterday I was working on a snowblower in the garage and the cat started rubbing my legs. Scared the cr@p out of me. Then It jumped on my lap as I was working at the bench. Cat is not afraid of hammering, sparks from grinding, swearing or being stepped on. Came home last night, opened the car door and I almost instantly had a cat in the car. This morning It followed me into the house. This led to a cat war. I do not need another cat. This cat is a people cat and I would really like to know who dropped it off. :mad::mad::mad::bat:

Trying to get over the jetlag from our rush trip to Australia. My mother died two weeks ago less than a month after her diagnosis with pancreatic cancer. She was only 69 so for all those who say only 1 more year, remember you are living your future now.

I completed Phase II of the annual "tuneup".
I refer to the annual Mammo (Phase I), Pap (Phase II), and biennial bone density scan (Phase III) as a "tuneup" (points, plugs, and wires). Think about that. ;)
So far so good with Phase I results. :D

I also have to go [-]see the vampire [/-] to the lab for annual blood tests. And wait for the results of a right hand Xray. I hurt my hand about a month ago chipping away at snow and still have a little numbness between my 3rd/4th digits. It's not too painful but it has not resolved itself.

Mr B is zonked out in the recliner again. :ROFLMAO:
I'm sitting here having a nice cold glass of red wine. It's 5 o'clock somewhere in the open Atlantic. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom