what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This afternoon, had the carpets and upholstery cleaned, my real estate agent over, with the painter & handyman, the declutterer and the moving company. We now have a project plan for my upcoming move.

I am so looking forward to a new start! :)

I finished the taxes (still need some proofing), and then Lena and I went on a wonderful bike ride on the first spring-like day of the year. Cold and foggy at home, but we drove a ways first, and it was sunny and warm in the town we rode to.

img_1053701_0_0e5892fd9c7d03a805e2923d56158d8e.jpg

img_1053701_1_1c38f2c609a7e96052550b731f0dec35.jpg

img_1053701_2_42bf56e8812db01afa18fa9522849c9c.jpg

Ride info here.

More photos here.

Had oil changed
Bought cat food & and flea control at vet
Did laundry
Ran dishwasher

We are having summer like weather in the San Francisco Bay Area after a couple of months of constant rain. I went for an 8 mile hike in Redwoods Regional Park. It started out as a walk in the park and turned into an endurance test with all the elevation changes. It was a good workout. Also . . . its a beautiful park.

Attachments

• Redwood-Reg-Park-10.jpg
    Redwood-Reg-Park-10.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Redwood-Reg-Park-16.jpg
    Redwood-Reg-Park-16.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2
I finished the taxes (still need some proofing), and then Lena and I went on a wonderful bike ride on the first spring-like day of the year. Cold and foggy at home, but we drove a ways first, and it was sunny and warm in the town we rode to.

img_1053773_0_0e5892fd9c7d03a805e2923d56158d8e.jpg

Is that a med I see in your hand?:) I also finished my taxes today. Need to proof it as well, but looks like I owe several hundred bucks this year. :( Oh well.....good excuse for a night med.

Surfing, grocery shopping, and a new laser-printer toner cartridge to replace the one that sprung a leak.

But it looks like I've successfully avoided doing the taxes until tomorrow...

Your Garmin info was really cool! What a wonderful tool for information geeks.

Where are we going tomorrow?

You're right, it's a lot of fun to come back and analyze your ride. You can also do 3D fly-throughs and set goals.

img_1053890_0_705e33d370b0ece73c74452d2772e2a8.jpg

I went to my DW's retirement party at her place of w*rk. Lunch was served, followed by cake and ice cream and then the usual card with cash from officemates.

The office does not seem so busy - cubicles are clean and neat. Desks are neat - no stacks of paper. All I saw are w*rkers looking at 4 monitors, occasionally typing on the keyboard and moving the mouse. Phones ring and they chat. People come to their cubicles and they chat. I don't see these stressfull w*rk - Heck, I do it all the time while surfing the web.

Anyway, I am very happy that DW will be out of this "stressful" environment as tomorrow will be her last day at the megacorp.

By her staying until tomorrow instead of today, we are covered on her HI for the whole month of April, saving us a month COBRA dues.

dessert, congratulations! I'm going to go way out on a limb and make a prediction of what you'll see when you look in the mirror tomorrow morning: :D

Congrats Dessert!

I changed the oil in the Tacoma, defying the evil designers who tried to make it impossible. I use a special valve (this) that keeps the oil from dripping onto the skid plate. I use a wonderful oil filter wrench (this) that makes removing the filter easy even though I have to reach in a half arm length to a cramped space to get to it. I like that filter wrench so much that I kiss it after removing the filter. And I've learned to put a ziplock bag around the oil filter before removing it so the oil doesn't drip onto the skid plate.

Today I ran some errands and noticed that the car was leaking after yesterday's oil change.

Now have to go there tomorrow to see if they can fix the problem they caused.

I don't mind paying for stuff, but I do expect competence.

I ran a few loads of laundry and hung them up to dry.
I did a return request for a handheld cordless lightweight vacuum I ordered from Amazon. I charged it for over 24 hours and it will not energize. It must be a lemon that got through B&D's QC program. :(
I went through a very painless online return proceedure with the UPS pickup at the house option. All I had to do is box it up and attach their RMA labels to it, and will leave it on the porch tomorrow. :D
I made banana pudding cake and no-refrigerate frosting from scratch. Mr B will bring this cake to the morning Legion coffee group minus a piece or two :whistle:.
I made homemade spaghetti sauce with medium hot sausage and capellini for dinner. We are sitting here watching TV and digesting. Mr B has a nice fire going, so it is very cozy on a damp chilly night. :)

Today I ran some errands and noticed that the car was leaking after yesterday's oil change.

Now have to go there tomorrow to see if they can fix the problem they caused.

I don't mind paying for stuff, but I do expect competence.

Watch your oil pressure gauge like a hawk. If they misfit the oil filter it could ruin your engine in a couple of miles.

I'm Back

Had some trouble with Windows XP and decided to install the Windows 7 I bought over a year ago. Installation was smooth, but I've been re-installing stuff for a week or so. I am finishing up the new autobiography of Mark Twain, which he wrote 100 years ago, but was just published last fall. It's a huge book with tiny print, nothing to cuddle up with by the fire! Also got a new toy, notice it still has a hang tag on it. Please don't make fun of the wallpaper in my "man cave!"

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 15
Interesting wallpaper there Telecaster....;) Love the geetar!

Today I made the bed, straightened up the bathrooms, fed and cleaned up after the cats, unloaded the dishwasher, washed two loads of laundry, did my WM run, mowed the grass, 'wrassled' with my Pampas grass and cooked supper.

Methinks tomorrow I shall have someone peel me a grape. :angel:

Headed to Zion National Park for a long weekend away from w*rk! We've never been so really looking forward to it.

Had to get up at 3:30 A.M. to abuse myself with an annual arduous pack test. Did it a minute slower than last year, but I was 59 now I am 60.:whistle:

Had to do well since I am now the Vice President of our fire/rescue company(all volunteer). Also I did my test with a neighbor who is a retired Cardiologists, and is younger then me.

Arduous pack test

Arduous: involves field work calling for above-average endurance and superior conditioning. All firefighters are required to perform arduous duty. This test level is required by the U.S. Forest Service and most other agencies to fight fire in the United States.
Requirements: 3-mile hike with 45 lb pack in 45 minutes. No jogging or running.

I am not playing an April Fools' joke on you all. No kidding...

I just realized that today is the 4th anniversary of FIRE for me. Now I know I am completely and totally FIREd because I forgot what day it was. :LOL:

The best part of the joke was me being financially prepared for and making the decision to resign to escape :greetings10: an extremely toxic w*rk environment. I picked my official "separation date" on purpose, a move right in line with my own personal style.
Bronx cheer! ;)

Wooo hoooooo...4 years of freedom has been very good for me. Stress lines are gone, upper body and hands are feeling better, and I am driving my own "bus" these days. :cool:

Had some trouble with Windows XP and decided to install the Windows 7 I bought over a year ago. Installation was smooth, but I've been re-installing stuff for a week or so. I am finishing up the new autobiography of Mark Twain, which he wrote 100 years ago, but was just published last fall. It's a huge book with tiny print, nothing to cuddle up with by the fire! Also got a new toy, notice it still has a hang tag on it. Please don't make fun of the wallpaper in my "man cave!"

Nice Schecter!

I am not playing an April Fools' joke on you all. No kidding...

I just realized that today is the 4th anniversary of FIRE for me. Now I know I am completely and totally FIREd because I forgot what day it was. :LOL:

Same for me, although 3/31 was my retirement date. I must be getting used to retirement, my anniversary didn't even cross my mind until I read your post.:blush:

Today:
had teeth cleaned
put gas in car
went to garage & bitched that car was leaking oil (they said fixed)
went to grocery (& #$%^ forgot coupons)
wore bra & shoes for 10 hours

going to bed early

. :cool:

I retired the day before my birthday so I wouldn't forget and the only way I know how long it has been is I retired a month before my grandson was born .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom