what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the lawn mower that DW uses at her father's place back over in the pickup truck. (I'd brought it home to do the oil change, drain fuel, etc. last fall.) Then I went back home, got on the motorcycle, and rode back. I was supposed to bring the battery charger we forgot to bring for the mower but couldn't find it because we put it somewhere where it wouldn't get lost.

I'm sure no one else has ever done that.

Then FIL and I sat on the shaded chairs, drinking iced tea, and watched DW mow the lawn. Really. She seems compelled to do it. And no, I didn't feel even a twinge of guilt or shame.

Then I rode back home and mowed our lawn.

Watched the wind and rain. Mostly 30 MPH, gusts to 50. Lost a little decorative fence.

I didn't feel like going out in the rain and wind, so I'm goofing off watching an afternoon of Law & Order: Criminal Intent while Mr B does some budget consulting w*rk.

Got about 4 inches of wet snow yesterday so I've stayed in and done laundry and worked on an old radio I'm fixing for a friend. Snow should be gone by the end of the day.

Today I wrote our packing lists for our upcoming Alaska trip . Why is my side of the list twice as long as SO's ?

Today I wrote our packing lists for our upcoming Alaska trip . Why is my side of the list twice as long as SO's ?
2 pairs of good quality lightweight binoculars should be on your list. If you don't own any, try a pawn shop.

I was given a cruise to Alaska for my 40th birthday. I carried my binoculars everywhere we went. I was able to see the bald eagles, a baby moose in a stream, the glacier calving splashes and waves, and the seals resting on small ice chunks in wonderful detail. They were excellent for whale watching, allowing me to see the spume (aka blow aka spout) way before anybody else on the ship did.

This illustration gives you a general idea of what you will be looking for.
http://www.salariya.com/web_books/whaling/blows/spouts.html

Have a wonderful time. :flowers:

PS I stowed away a 3L box of wine and a sealed tall plastic sipping tumbler in my check-in suitcase. Making my own wine coolers with free fruit juice on board saved me a LOT on drinks for 7 days. ;)

2 pairs of good quality lightweight binoculars should be on your list. If you don't own any, try a pawn shop.

Have a wonderful time. :flowers:

Binoculars are already in the staging room ready to be packed ! We will be going whale watching in Juneau !Thanks !

This has been one lazy day. I've mostly caught up on the blog (finishing up a post on federal long-term care insurance for next Thursday) and I'm filing my Dad's financial paperwork.

Next I think I'll go over our state tax returns, although I'm still waiting on more paperwork. I'd rather have the extension than the $9 refund.

Spouse has been buzzing around the house touching up paint dings. I'm helping by staying well away from the wet paint.

PS I stowed away a 3L box of wine and a sealed tall plastic sipping tumbler in my check-in suitcase. Making my own wine coolers with free fruit juice on board saved me a LOT on drinks for 7 days. ;)
I'd add a caution that some cruise lines have a "no outside alcohol" policy. NCL scans baggage for [-]just this reason[/-] security & safety purposes and will confiscate that dangerous substance before it's used for illicit purposes or endangers innocent bystanders.

And then they serve free wine at the "art" auction. Or so I've been told.

Last edited:
I admired all the violets (blue & white) on my lawn.
I love the violets.
Here they are considered a weed & hired help have tried to kill them.

Same for clover.

We enjoyed a wild salad today - Miner's lettuce, dandelion leaves, plantain, rosemary, and oregano.

By the way, red clover (Trifolium pratense) is good for menopause, according to Dr. James Duke. Violet (Viola odorata) petals add wonderful color to your herb salad; the leaves are said to be good for respiratory health, according to Richard Mabey.

Haven't found a use for poison oak, though:LOL:

We enjoyed a wild salad today - Miner's lettuce, dandelion leaves, plantain, rosemary, and oregano.

By the way, red clover (Trifolium pratense) is good for menopause, according to Dr. James Duke. Violet (Viola odorata) petals add wonderful color to your herb salad; the leaves are said to be good for respiratory health, according to Richard Mabey.

Haven't found a use for poison oak, though:LOL:

I put violets, rose petals, & other flowers into salads. Have done sugared violets & roses but now am too lazy.

We received a call to go to the hospital for our daughter's first child, our first grandchild. I made pizza for SIL to eat.

Granddaughter was 8 lb 6 oz, 20 inches and already needs a haircut! All are doing well.

We received a call to go to the hospital for our daughter's first child, our first grandchild. I made pizza for SIL to eat.

Granddaughter was 8 lb 6 oz, 20 inches and already needs a haircut! All are doing well.

Congratulations!!! What a joy....:flowers:

DH and I went out to breakfast and then walked on the beach. The waves were really rolling in pretty good but the Gulf is beginning to warm up. Time to go swimming!

Fired up the swamp cooler. This device is the greatest gift to hot/dry climates. A ten year old can figure out how it works and how to fix it. I replaced mine last year, because after 10 years, it just rusted away. Let it run for 2 hours and had to shut it off we were freezing. Beautiful day today temp may have reached 90. I have already had the central AC on about 1 month ago.

I blew out my flip-flop….stepped on a pop-top.

Well, did you cut your heel and did you have to cruise on back home?
If so, when you got there, was there booze in the blender,
and if so, did it render ...
... that frozen concoction that helps you hang on?

Just wonderin'. ;)

Congratulations!

Post a picture if you can. I LOVE babies!

Congratulations ! Grandchildren are the best !

Stayed on the couch and nursed a hangover all day...but it was worth it! :LOL:

I went to see a movie this afternoon, "Potiche" (or trophy wife) a comedy starring Catherine Deneuve and Gerard Depardieu. Very funny with kind of a "Nine-to-Five" theme.

I helped a family make a decision to discontinue intensive care on their loved one.

Well, did you cut your heel and did you have to cruise on back home?
If so, when you got there, was there booze in the blender,
and if so, did it render ...
... that frozen concoction that helps you hang on?

Just wonderin'. ;)

margarita.gif
I'm still searchin' for my lost shaker of salt...

I spent some time trying to brighten up my best friend's day. :)
I'm sure you did a fine job too. :)

Wow.....who says Sunday is not a busy day. So....congratulations, pats on the back and hugs to those who need them. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom