what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove 125 miles round-trip plus a 2-hour meeting for a volunteer assignment.

Visited a dear former w*rk colleague in hospice, unfortunately she is declining rapidly and most likely did not know I was there. She is in her 50s and it is tragic to see a life not yet fully lived to end this way (cancer: twice a survivor, third time was not the charm).

Met with an acquaintance looking to start up a business and needing some computer systems guidance.

Grocery shopping (including for a ladies gathering at my house tomorrow night)

Fixed dinner for us (baked catfish and asparagus/potato gratin). "Discussed" what to do about the gremlin-infested garage door opener.

Caught up (almost) on e-mails. Decided to check in with FIRE and here I am wasting time :-(

That's why I don't post on this thread very often!

Survived the tornados that ravaged Alabama yesterday afternoon and evening. We are fine with no damage at all - tornados all went west or east of us. Feeling pretty thankful but at the same time so sad for so many others who were less fortunate yesterday. :'(

Survived the tornados that ravaged Alabama yesterday afternoon and evening. We are fine with no damage at all - tornados all went west or east of us. Feeling pretty thankful but at the same time so sad for so many others who were less fortunate yesterday. :'(

Glad you are okay !

Wow...I was lookin' for you. Seems as if you, Dawg and FD are ok..... thank goodness.

Just got back delivering meals (Meals on Wheels) on my Thursday route.

Even though it was pouring (with threats of tornados in the area) we still have to make sure the aged/disabled have enough to eat.

PS: I'm glad to do it. This is the "giving back" period of my life :) ...

Finally, a day without tornadoes, hail, and/or high winds. Took a ride on the bike; training for "Ride My Age". Next I'll work on "Act My Age". Naaaaaaah...

Attachments

• image-3126922597.png
    image-3126922597.png
    810.8 KB · Views: 4
"Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed, at the twilight's last gleaming..."

Sorry I missed out on the flag jokes, but I've been kinda busy. Not the kind of busy I like, but here goes...

Mr B felt some pressure in his chest on Tuesday AM after he drove himself to his education counselor appointment. He smartly decided to go to the VA hospital emergency room less than 5 miles away instead of driving home. They immediately took him in and ran tests to determine if he had a heart attack. Results were yes, but a very mild one thank god.
He was kept in the ER for observation and scheduled for a catheterization the next day. I got a friend to drive me there (1.5 hours) in the face of a thunderstorm. I stayed in the ER room with him and slept off and on in a corner chair with lots of pillows. He was transferred to ICU the next day and underwent the cath procedure.
They found a 90% blockage and a 75% blockage in 2 places in the same artery and inserted 2 stents. There was very negligible damage to the heart.
Cardiologist told him he was a very lucky man considering the amount of blockage and having 2 in the same artery. All other arteries were OK.
I kept my composure in spite of some major flashbacks and stayed right by his side, keeping him as calm as possible. The nurses and doctors saw that my presence was a benefit to him and let me be where I wanted and needed to be. I stayed out of their way and made sure Mr B got some rest. I can put him to sleep in under 5 minutes with soothing massage.
I slept here and there for a few hours at a time in the ICU waiting room in one of those neat little seats that lift up and out and convert to a bed, placed there for exactly this purpose.
I am exhausted but grateful that Mr B is still with us. It could have gone a very different way for him.

Sorry I missed out on the flag jokes, but I've been kinda busy. Not the kind of busy I like, but here goes...

Mr B felt some pressure in his chest on Tuesday AM after he drove himself to his education counselor appointment. He smartly decided to go to the VA hospital emergency room less than 5 miles away instead of driving home.

Thank goodness he chose to go directly to the emergency room. A different choice might have meant a different outcome.

felt some pressure in his chest on Tuesday AM after he drove himself to his education counselor appointment. He smartly decided to go to the VA hospital emergency room less than 5 miles away instead of driving home. They immediately took him in and ran tests to determine if he had a heart attack. Results were yes, but a very mild one thank god.
Cardiologist told him he was a very lucky man considering the amount of blockage and having 2 in the same artery. All other arteries were OK.
I kept my composure in spite of some major flashbacks and stayed right by his side, keeping him as calm as possible.

How scary ! I am so glad he is okay and I am sure the flashbacks were awful for you . Take care !

Oh my, Freebird, your Mr. B is a very smart man to get himself to the ER so quickly.

Now that the crisis has been averted, take care of yourself, too.

I am very good at holding it together in the heat of the moment. Stress and I are old friends.
I know the good cry after the fact will come tomorrow, and I will not fight it when it comes. Right now I have to be strong for Mr B, so he can recuperate and rest.
He went through the worst part, not knowing what was lurking in his chest. It was my duty to be calm and not freak out. I have absorbed the fact that I could have lost him, and am very grateful and feel blessed that he is still here grinning at me.
I'll be OK. :D

Freebird...I am so very glad to hear that Mr. B has pulled through this ordeal. He is one smart fella to get to the ER without delay. Wishing you both the best!
Several of my co-workers have had blockages and stents in the last few years...all doing well I might add and back to full normal activity in amazingly short order. None of them had any previous symptoms. None took meds for cholesterol and HBP. It is sobering how stuff like this can hit you out of the blue. It is a reminder to appreciate every day, take nothing for granted.

Freebird, I know I kid around a lot and give you a hard time, but I want you to know, with all seriousness, that I am praying for Mr. B and you.........:)

You are a good companion, Freebird. Best wishes to you and Mr. B.

Folks...sleep is desperately needed.
I thank you all for your concern and good wishes. I will sign on again tomorrow AM.
Goodnight. :greetings10:
I am glad things are going well for both of you, Freebird.

Ha

Freebird,

I got a chill reading your post, especially when you mentioned the flashbacks. I'm so glad for both of you that he's being taken care of. I can tell how much you treasure your Mr. B and I know a lot of us enjoy your posts about all the things you two do together and for each other.

I'll be thinking of both of you.

{{hugs}}

Freebird I am very glad that MR B is Ok. Take care of yourself as well as Mr B and my prayers are with you. I do not know if I would have been that smart.

Hi everyone
Just reporting in on both of us...first off, Mr B is doing fabulous. The tough part is getting him to take it easy and relax.
For myself, the adrenalin has simmered down and I am slowly returning to normal. I have to admit that I am feeling very drained. I slept very fitfully last night, as did Mr B. We hugged each other tightly and have come away from this experience bonded even closer.
Your messages here and in PMs have been a tremendous help to me. I needed some positive thoughts very badly.
Thank you from the bottom of my "tuff girl" ;) heart all for your kindness and good wishes. It really made a difference. :flowers:

Inhale, exhale...now we go forward...:D

I'll be back online later tonight.

Freebird - I'm glad that Mr B was smart enough to go to ER as soon as he suspected something wasn't right. Time is often of the essence in these matters, as you know.

Glad you're both OK and even more bonded now :)

Pleased to hear the positive update today, Freebird. I, too, should take this opportunity to tell you that I enjoy hearing about your contented life with Mr. B. You seem well suited to each other in so many ways. I think that the happiest lives are the ones lived in close proximity with those we love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom