what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to my appt at the periodontist's office at 8 a.m. this morning. Everything was set up for my surgery. Then they took my bp. They took it so many times I thought my arm would fall off. The doc then told me he would not do the surgery as my bp was off the charts. He said I should go to my doc right away...or the emergency room.

My doc is not far away from his office so I went there. He saw me in about 20 minutes...my bp was a little high, but no where near what it was at the periodontist's office.

Since it was a little high, he decided to put me on an additional bp med and wants to see me next week.

With all the stuff that has been going on in my life lately...I'm just about at my wits end.

Well, shoot! Torturus interruptus.

.........my bp was a little high, but no where near what it was at the periodontist's office..........

Bummer. That happened to me once. My BP is usually very low, but I was stuck waiting and waiting at a doc's office and my BP went through the roof. So, I guess anxiety and just plain ole cussedness (on my part) really can spike it.

With all the stuff that has been going on in my life lately...I'm just about at my wits end.

I'm not surprised. It's only natural to be anxious, both about the procedure and about DH. Maybe a few days of antianxiety meds would help too.

Yeah...it is a bummer. I wanted to get that ordeal over with.

I'm not surprised. It's only natural to be anxious, both about the procedure and about DH. Maybe a few days of antianxiety meds would help too.
Thanks Meadbh for your thoughts. :)

I'm going back to my doc next Wednesday and he'll check my bp again. Maybe I should talk to him about some anti anxiety meds. Even though I'm trying to 'buck up' in my mind, seems like my body is trying to tell me something is amiss.

Today I drove 1053 Km (643 miles) from Winnipeg, Manitoba to Medicine Hat, Alberta. It was a perfect day for a road trip: sunny to start, then scudding clouds, faroff thundershowers, and fairly cool (maximum ~15 degrees C (59 F). Traffic was light and there were no construction delays. I saw every variation of prairie and was reminded how beautiful it is at this time of year. The prairies are completely waterlogged; even Saskatchewan has lakes it never had before!

My 1995 Honda is humming along and enjoying the workout. :) We will see tomorrow how it handles the Rockies! I estimate today's fuel consumption was ~6 L per 100 Km (29 miles to the US gallon). I will do a tighter calculation at the end of the trip.

Few things in life are better than a great road trip with cruise control and your favourite music on loud (even if it's on tape!). Life is good. :cool:

What an adventure, Meadbh!! Sounds amazing and I hope your Honda handles those Rocky Mountains as well as it has handled the prairies.

Today was my 63rd birthday, and a wonderful one. Everyone remembered this year and I felt suitably lauded for surviving another year. F. bought my lunch, and after careful consideration I decided on a shrimp po'boy, dressed, and it was utterly wonderful. All in all, a delightful day.

Aw, thank you!! :flowers:

Drive safely tomorrow and I hope the mountains are even more beautiful than the prairies you saw today. :D

Aw, thank you!! :flowers:
Happy birthday!

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but your post followed by the Beatles photo immediately made my brain pop up "Will you still need me, will you still feed me..."

It must be the earworm left over from trying to keep up with the 64-year-old who hiked Haleakala Crater with us last month. She was whistling that tune a lot as she'd pass us on the trail.

Today was my 63rd birthday, and a wonderful one. Everyone remembered this year and I felt suitably lauded for surviving another year. F. bought my lunch, and after careful consideration I decided on a shrimp po'boy, dressed, and it was utterly wonderful. All in all, a delightful day.

Happy Birthday, lady! :dance:

High temps have Mr B and I indoors in a nice cool living room, watching the History channel. His eyes are closed, but he'll swear he was listening to the show if I put a digital music channel on. :LOL:
Strong Tstorms with possible hail and high gusty winds are forecast for later today. I moved my planting containers under the roof overhang of my screened porch so they don't get clobbered by downpours or hail, it that even happens.
I'll go take a pic of my mini-garden and post it in a moment. :greetings10:

1st pic: Combination of Earthboxes (3) on casters and large containers I already owned. I bought these really nifty wooden plant caddies at eBay. They make moving the large round planters a real snap. I have garlic, oregano, parsley, 3 types of tomatoes, edible pod peas, a blueberry bush, a cherry tree, cucumbers, filet green beans, and green onions in the various planters.
2nd pic: Inside the hothouse...Geraniums from last year, cut back and regrowing. I have geranium slips planted in another container. Jalapeno peppers (grown from seed) are in the small round planter and spinach is just up in a rectangular window planter. I have extra tomato plants (grown from seed) just in case the ones I transplanted fail or get sunburned or beaten up by downpours or hail. I have a spare Earthbox for something else, probably flowers. You can see 2 extra plant caddies under the white window planter box.

Attachments

• containers1.jpg
    containers1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 8
  • containers2.jpg
    containers2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 207
Happy birthday!

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but your post followed by the Beatles photo immediately made my brain pop up "Will you still need me, will you still feed me..."

It must be the earworm left over from trying to keep up with the 64-year-old who hiked Haleakala Crater with us last month. She was whistling that tune a lot as she'd pass us on the trail.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Well, guess I'll find out the answer to that in a year! :D And thanks, I had a terrific birthday. I didn't climb Haleakala, but I did have a really great workout at the gym and felt so strong.

freebird5825 said:
Happy Birthday, lady! :dance:

Thanks for the birthday wishes. :flowers:

Happy Birthday, W2R. A shrimp poboy sounds so good!

I had my hair cut and colored today. Then I went to all the stores at the mall that sold ladies clothing, Gabes, Wal-Mart, Target, Old Navy and TJ Max, looking for a couple of pair of shorts for our upcoming trip. I only have 1 pair of shorts that fit, after I lost some weight. Would you believe that I could not find the type of shorts that I wanted. I hate shopping and do not do it very often.

I was finally successful finding Skinnygirl Margaritas. I have been searching for a bottle for a couple of weeks and was told they could not keep it in stock. I enjoyed 1 1/2 drinks tonight and must say that I enjoyed them. I don't need no stinking shorts!

I took a vacation day from the office as I am getting my hair cut and colored late this afternoon. I might drop by the mall on the way to check out all these sales my friends keep talking about "almost giving things away". It was nice to sleep in this morning and look forward to a lazy day. I think I will have no trouble in retirement because I am not one who has to be busy all the time. I know that I can revert with ease to the slothful type B I used to be in younger days.
Of course, no day is without some degree of aggravation. It occurred to me that I had not taken my Land Cruiser out of the garage in a while. Actually for a long time. Would not start...dead battery. I called AAA and they had a fellow here in 20 minutes, after which I decided to take a spin and charge it up. Went over the hills and dales for about an hour, and it seems to be fine. I get out of the habit of driving such a large beast, however, and this makes me dangerous in parking lots. :(

It's a lovely 80 degrees outside, and it would be a perfect day to lay by the pool, or weed my garden. But no, I'm about to go into meetings for the rest of the day. But what the heck, it is Friday, and I only have 475 more days until retirement! :dance:

Just came in from the barn to grab my gear for another 3 days out on the local 116000 acre Horseshoe II fire. Forgot that we were in such a[-] big hurry [/-]bug out to leave camp Saturday that my tent and sleeping bag were just stuffed in my duffle bag, not good. Since the start of the fire Mothers's Day this will make 15 days that I have been fighting fire.

Coming home to my loving family, a dead refrigerator, a dead water well, and a sick cat, makes it all worth it.

Refrigerator parts, ordered on line $50 defroster heater and timer fixed. Well pressure tank switch on hand(always keep a spare) $17 bucks fixed. Cat at the Vet's as I write.

I am on duty with my nearest neighbor, who just returned from a month in Germany. Will have some time to catch up with him.

A good day in Michigan. The godawful heat has subsided and it is cool and raining - just what we need. :flowers:

Took myself out to breakfast and, since I was going to the poor side of town for bargain shopping, I took along my old water heater and scrapped it for $12. :dance: It doesn't take much to make me happy :LOL: - now I don't need to worry about getting rid of it. Poked around Harbor Freight's tent sidewalk sale and found a large gas water pump on at close out price, then negotiated an additional display model discount with the manager. Got it home and tested it - works great. My 60' pond is next to a creek that overflows in heavy rain and I have to pump the pond back down or it kills the grass in the adjacent areas. This pump will do it in no time vs the small electric pump that I have been using.

DW wants the downstairs bath redone, so today was spent getting tile, tiling supplies, paint, fixtures, and related odds and ends (rubber gloves, ibuprofin, etc). Ready for demolition...

The bath is pretty much untouched (except for cleaning...) from it's contractor-grade origins 25 years ago. This was the 'kids bath' most of that time.

I completed my road trip and arrived in the Okanagan Valley, BC. It was a great experience. I have driven about 2/3 of this way before and looped back, but this was the longest one way road trip I've done. Great scenery all the way! I took a side trip yesterday to visit Dinosaur Valley and the Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller, Alberta. Definitely worth the trip if you are at all interested in science. Royal Tyrrell Museum

The only unpleasant thing was getting the finger from one aggressive passenger who apparently experienced an unacceptable delay due to the fact that I was going down a 4% grade no faster than the speed limit!!! Best to ignore people like that. They can direct their anger elsewhere. I am not going to take risks when I can't see round the corner on a mountain road that I don't know, especially since my car doesn't have ABS.

Speaking of cars, mine performed extremely well on this trip despite being loaded. Just the odd groan going up very steep hills (I think I can, I think I can!) which made me wish for a V6, but all told, terrific handling and ride. This trip was 1/3 mountain, 5% city and the rest, prairie.

Distance travelled: 2312.3 Km (1436.8 miles)
Fuel consumed: 165.503 L (43.72 US gallons or 36.4 UK gallons)
Therefore, average fuel consumption was 7.16 L / 100 Km, or 32.86 miles per US gallon, or 39.47 miles per UK gallon.

This car looks like a keeper! :flowers:
Now off to the car wash to get the bugs off.

Last edited:
A good day in Michigan. The godawful heat has subsided and it is cool and raining - just what we need. :flowers:
Weren't you guys freezing in the miserable winter weather just a few weeks ago?

I don't see how the mosquitoes find the time to grow so big...

I completed my road trip and arrived in the Okanagan Valley, BC. It was a great experience. I have driven about 2/3 of this way before and looped back, but this was the longest one way road trip I've done. Great scenery all the way! I took a side trip yesterday to visit Dinosaur Valley and the Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller, Alberta. Definitely worth the trip if you are at all interested in science. Royal Tyrrell Museum

The only unpleasant thing was getting the finger from one aggressive passenger who apparently experienced an unacceptable delay due to the fact that I was going down a 4% grade no faster than the speed limit!!! Best to ignore people like that. They can direct their anger elsewhere. I am not going to take risks when I can't see round the corner on a mountain road that I don't know, especially since my car doesn't have ABS.

Speaking of cars, mine performed extremely well on this trip despite being loaded. Just the odd groan going up very steep hills (I think I can, I think I can!) which made me wish for a V6, but all told, terrific handling and ride. This trip was 1/3 mountain, 5% city and the rest, prairie.

Distance travelled: 2312.3 Km (1436.8 miles)
Fuel consumed: 165.503 L (43.72 US gallons or 36.4 UK gallons)
Therefore, average fuel consumption was 7.16 L / 100 Km, or 32.86 miles per US gallon, or 39.47 miles per UK gallon.

This car looks like a keeper! :flowers:
Now off to the car wash to get the bugs off.

Glad your car performed nicely, and got such great mileage as well! No matter how fast you go, there will be rude people that don't think you are going fast enough, so I wouldn't give that a second thought. You have driven a long way in the past two days and I'll bet you are tired and sleep well tonight.

The only unpleasant thing was getting the finger from one aggressive passenger who apparently experienced an unacceptable delay due to the fact that I was going down a 4% grade no faster than the speed limit!!! Best to ignore people like that.

Yep - and I'd make damn sure I never let them ride in my car again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom