what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up late, surfing the net.
Do some laundry, pick up the house.
Work 2-8 at the salon.
Come home and watch CSI

Boy......was it a pretty day or what? Golf course still wet so cart path only. I aimed for the cart paths. :)

I got a 392 yard drive that way once, 90- 100 yards of extra roll............:clap:

High winds here in SW PA. There was a big thump last night, a quick look at the windows etc. revealed no damage so back to sleep.
This morning in the daylight saw one of my 40' or so maple trees with its roots showing sideways.
Mercifully it missed the neighbor's shed by about 6". So instead of going to the Y, I spent 4 hrs cutting and hauling wood out of the neighbor's yard into mine.

A great all around workout in the fresh air, high winds and blowing sleet. Fine reminder why I like to be in good shape. Definitely clears the sinuses. Although not as exhilarating as jumping out of a perfectly good airplane and getting paid for it.

Enough firewood for next winter, and did not have to pay lumberjack for the job. So an all around good thing.

Rest of the day is siesta.

High winds here in SW PA. There was a big thump last night, a quick look at the windows etc. revealed no damage so back to sleep.
This morning in the daylight saw one of my 40' or so maple trees with its roots showing sideways.
Mercifully it missed the neighbor's shed by about 6". So instead of going to the Y, I spent 4 hrs cutting and hauling wood out of the neighbor's yard into mine.

Ouch, I'm a woodworker with a sawmill so hate to hear about a maple in the firewood pile- would have gladly traded you some oak! I keep my neighbors supplied with firewood with the slabs left over from my cutting- mostly oak but a bit of cherry and hickory thrown in for smell. Winds are very high here in northern VA and had one of our dogs up most of the night from the howl of the winds- could mean some work for me in the next few days once I scout the neighborhood to see what came down.

Ouch, I'm a woodworker with a sawmill so hate to hear about a maple in the firewood pile- would have gladly traded you some oak!
Well I have the bottom 6' or so left, about 20" diameter, with the root ball, can measure exact, if interested send me PM.

50's Bright sunshine - smoking ribs on the back patio - playing with the dogs.

heh heh heh - one of our recipe traders said it snowed south of Tuscon Tues.:cool:.

We got attacked by some serious snowflakes earlier today. Never saw them that big! :cool:
Surfing a little, listening to classic rock tunes.
Nice relaxing day...not a darn thing accomplished except meatballs and spaghetti sauce cooking all day in crockpot.

I think we should start a new thread, "What you THINK (insert poster) REALLY did today".......:)

I think we should start a new thread, "What you THINK (insert poster) REALLY did today".......:)

sSig_Muahaha.gif

Finance Dude cruised the Internet for most of the work day except when he went to the copy machine to supposably make copies but he was really trying to see if the new secretary had implants .

smoking ribs on the back patio

Unclemick,

How the heck do you keep them lit?

Amethyst

Wish I could bottle the weather we had today. Sunny and 72 degrees. Played golf and wore plenty of sunscreen.:D Sipping on a cold one at this moment. Suppose to rain tomorrow. :'(

smoking ribs on the back patio

Unclemick,

How the heck do you keep them lit?

Amethyst

The secret is in the sauce. And she won't tell me - cause it's a family secret!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

heh heh heh - they came out good and not going to weigh myself for a while. :greetings10:.

Came in 3rd place in a Texas Hold Em Tournament entered by 121 people, buy in was $100.

I had pocket 8s the guy I went all in had pocket 5s and he caught a 5 on the river. :(

First Prize was $5500, Second was $2800 and 3rd (me) goose egg. :blush:

Not to bad since the last time I played Texas Hold Em was August 2006. I'm a Stud guy. :flowers:

Hey, here is what I did today, honest first peoples. Did some trading and listened to a couple of webcasts this morning. Then I ordered some Valentine's flowers from my totally cute flower seller, wrote and mailed some condolences, returned JM Keynes General Theory to the lib, walked downtown and sat in Pacific Place Galleria and talked to my sis on the phone while ogling some fine ladies, did a little window shopping at Tiffany and Cartier, walked down to the Public Market and ate some oysters on the shell, walked back up the hill to Trader Joe and got a refund on some rotten eggplant from a few days ago and bought some groceries. Then walked home and now I am eating salsa and chips and getting set to bake some chicken for dinner. I wear a pedometer and I went about 6 1/2 miles all told.

It was a beautiful day.

By the way Freebird, I wish I could do that B-boy dancing but I am afraid I am "too mature". :)

Ha

Hey, here is what I did today, honest first peoples. Did some trading and listened to a couple of webcasts this morning. Then I ordered some Valentine's flowers from my totally cute flower seller, wrote and mailed some condolences, returned JM Keynes General Theory to the lib, walked downtown and sat in Pacific Place Galleria and talked to my sis on the phone while ogling some fine ladies, did a little window shopping at Tiffany and Cartier, walked down to the Public Market and ate some oysters on the shell, walked back up the hill to Trader Joe and got a refund on some rotten eggplant from a few days ago and bought some groceries. Then walked home and now I am eating salsa and chips and getting set to bake some chicken for dinner. I wear a pedometer and I went about 6 1/2 miles all told.

It was a beautiful day.
Ha

Now that's my idea of bliss!

I spent yesterday listing my SO's comic book collection on ebay . Then I baked him a carrot cake . I'm also going to make his favorite seafood dish tomorrow . I also finished Grisham's new book "The Associate" which I immediately listed on Amazon . It was good but not great .

Got in 12 holes before the clouds caved in. Sitting here having a cold one and watching golf on tv. Probably go to the club tonight for dinner with friends. Life is pretty good.:)

I spent yesterday listing my SO's comic book collection on ebay . Then I baked him a carrot cake . I'm also going to make his favorite seafood dish tomorrow . I also finished Grisham's new book "The Associate" which I immediately listed on Amazon . It was good but not great .

I went to Ebay to see if I could find the comic book collection. There were quite a few of them, but then I got sidetracked by this other wonderful item!

Attachments

• 1b69_1.jpg
    1b69_1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 261
I went to Ebay to see if I could find the comic book collection. There were quite a few of them, but then I got sidetracked by this other wonderful item!

Wonder woman can beat old comics any day ! Here is a sample and there are lots more . Luckily they are selling pretty quickly !

Attachments

• 2032_2.jpg
    2032_2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 260
  • b530_2.jpg
    b530_2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 258
Cleaned up my townhome. Met with the realtor to do the listing. I'm selling! Then spent the afternoon and evening writing notes to friends and family of my late father who died Jan. 12. It's been a very tiring day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom