what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness for Dr. Google, eh?

Oh, best ER page ever: "Paging Dr. Fine; Dr. Fine, please call 40024." Whoooop! Woobwoobwoob, Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk...

Presumably doctors Howard and Curley were on another shift.

Sure hope your plumbing gets sorted out, for the better. Get well.

Postscript: I did get back to sleep around 4. At 6 am I had a very vivid dream about playing basketball with my grandsons. I went up to dunk the ball, knocked the lamp off my nightstand, the ceramic base hit the uncarpeted floor and shattered into 100 pieces.

I'm up...

Who won the basketball game?:LOL:

We had near record high temperatures here in CT today. The sky was bright blue without a cloud in it, and the young wife and I broke out the roadster and drove the back roads to Lebanon, CT, in the northeast portion of our state. We went across the Connecticut River on the Chester-Hadlyme Ferry, which has been in operation for more than 250 years (it holds about 8-9 cars total). On the way to the ferry, we got stopped at the railroad crossing by the Essex Steam Train. We exchanged waves with the engineers on the locomotive and with many of the passengers in the trailing cars.

Our destination was Beltane Farm, where they have a herd of about 100 goats and make artisanal goat cheeses. Today, they were hosting a cheese festival, with cheese makers from a variety of local farms. We tasted and bought enough cheese to last the next few weeks. We also tasted some locally made wine and bread. We made sure to visit all the goats, to scratch their heads and thank them for the cheese. The farm also has cows and chickens, which the many children in attendance found to be fascinating (as did I).

When we returned home, we got out some salami we had been saving, along with a little port wine, and had a wine and cheese feast for dinner. All in all, a very pleasant day.

We had near record high temperatures here in CT today. The sky was bright blue without a cloud in it, and the young wife and I broke out the roadster and drove the back roads to Lebanon, CT, in the northeast portion of our state. We went across the Connecticut River on the Chester-Hadlyme Ferry, which has been in operation for more than 250 years (it holds about 8-9 cars total). On the way to the ferry, we got stopped at the railroad crossing by the Essex Steam Train. We exchanged waves with the engineers on the locomotive and with many of the passengers in the trailing cars.

Our destination was Beltane Farm, where they have a herd of about 100 goats and make artisanal goat cheeses. Today, they were hosting a cheese festival, with cheese makers from a variety of local farms. We tasted and bought enough cheese to last the next few weeks. We also tasted some locally made wine and bread. We made sure to visit all the goats, to scratch their heads and thank them for the cheese. The farm also has cows and chickens, which the many children in attendance found to be fascinating (as did I).

When we returned home, we got out some salami we had been saving, along with a little port wine, and had a wine and cheese feast for dinner. All in all, a very pleasant day.
Their harvest moon cheese is delicious.

Here they come.... :eek:

Attachments

• 300px-Black_Swans.jpg
    300px-Black_Swans.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 180
There is a guy playing bagpipes in the boatyard next to my house. I don't know why, but he is quite good.

I don't know why, but he is quite good.
I agree with bagpipes that it's difficult to distinguish between "skill" and "unfortunate accidents".

Maybe he's good because he has to practice in a boatyard. Tough crowd!

Day number 2 of record temps and brilliant sunshine here in the NorthEast. :dance:

Yesterday, I fired up the Mustang and went garlic hunting with a friend. I drove east to the Mohawk Valley, where the roadside "fresh from the farm" stand still exists. I scored 6 huge heads of Czech white, 8 heads of German white, and the usual purple and white skin local garlic (variety?). Each cost a mere 50 cents. Some will be used in the kitchen, some will go into 1 Earthbox as a fall planting. Bulbs on the right side of the pic are 2" diameter.

Today will be another road trip, maybe up north to see the leaves turning. I could end up in the Adirondack Mts if I'm not careful. ;)

Wish I could take Mr B with me, but he has a test tomorrow. Sigh. :(

Attachments

• garlic2011.jpg
    garlic2011.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
DH is on a road trip this week. At one point he met up with a couple of buds and went for long ride. I just got a pic of DH (in the blue denim jacket) from one of the buds (Johnny). Johnny wanted me to know DH was alive and well after their excursion. :rolleyes:

As for me, I'm chilling out....a lot of recliner sittin'....:)

Attachments

• IMG_5546.jpg
    IMG_5546.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 22
Busted out a lot of painting last weekend (during the contractor's 48-hour break) with a borrowed Wagner "Paint Crew" airless sprayer. I fell into the classic marital trap of making the familyroom eaves & fascias look so good that I voluntold to do the rest of the house. This sprayer spews paint very well, though, and it'll be a big help with priming drywall and the new siding.

Just as soon as we have drywall and new siding. "Construction" has progressed to the point where we can look through the (former) wall of our upstairs master bedroom and see the back yard through both (former) walls of the downstairs familyroom. But the studs are going back in today, and the windows should be going in this week...

I just got a pic of DH (in the blue denim jacket) from one of the buds (Johnny). Johnny wanted me to know DH was alive and well after their excursion. :rolleyes:
Everything's fine as long as they're not mug shots, right?

Busted out a lot of painting last weekend (during the contractor's 48-hour break) with a borrowed Wagner "Paint Crew" airless sprayer. I fell into the classic marital trap of making the familyroom eaves & fascias look so good that I voluntold to do the rest of the house. This sprayer spews paint very well, though, and it'll be a big help with priming drywall and the new siding.

Just as soon as we have drywall and new siding. "Construction" has progressed to the point where we can look through the (former) wall of our upstairs master bedroom and see the back yard through both (former) walls of the downstairs familyroom. But the studs are going back in today, and the windows should be going in this week...
But...but...what do you do all day?
Everything's fine as long as they're not mug shots, right?
Heh....at this stage of the [-]age[/-] game, ice cold beer in a mug is as far as they want to go...

I have spent the last six days fighting the bad guys with cars that become robots . We battled day & night . After the battle we went to Pumpkinville where we ate all things pumpkin and took a hay ride and feed various farm animals . I have now returned home totally exhausted and done in by a three 1/2 year old .

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    893 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I have spent the last six days fighting the bad guys with cars that become robots . We battled day & night . After the battle we went to Pumpkinville where we ate all things pumpkin and took a hay ride and feed various farm animals . I have now returned home totally exhausted by a three 1/2 year old .

He is so cute. Sounds like you had a great time. I can't wait until I see my 3 yr old granddaughter. We were Ichatting tonight and she showed me how she learned to do a somersault, all by herself. I watched her play some basketball and she sang me a couple of songs and then I read her a couple of books. Nothing beats being with them in person though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom