what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went grocery shopping today. DH put in a special request of me buying not only his regular beer, but a six pack of Lowenbrau.

I searched the aisles three times...no Lowenbrau. Exasperated, I chose a different beer....Buffalo Butt.

:greetings10:

Is it Carmen Miranda ? I went as her one Halloween . I wore a leotard with a leotard skirt , wedge sandals and wrapped my head in a scarf with fake fruit attached . Fun & easy costume !

The Virgin Mary.

Very good guesses, but not quite. ;)

Google the joke "Nookie Green". Substitute the fake fruit. Then recall Mr B's costume. No more hints!
snicker snicker...:LOL:

Last edited:
Had a wonderful BBQ sandwich with the company of the Houston chapter of E-R.org, including over an hour of talking story about dozens of off-topic subjects. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone again. Thanks, guys!

We're spending tomorrow on Richmond Ave checking out lighting stores for wall sconces to install in our newly remodeled familyroom.

I did my two favorite hikes this weekend. Yesterday I hiked about 16 miles along the Eagle Creek trail in the Columbia River Gorge, it's about 1/2 hour from downtown Portland. The hike has a lot of waterfalls and is an easy grade to hike. It is an amazing hike.

Today I hiked about ten miles in the Silver Falls State Park which is about 1.5 hours SE of Portland. There is a stretch in the hike that has 10 incredible waterfalls; the trail goes behind three of the falls. The last couple of miles is through old growth forest.

The temp. was in the mid 60's and the smell of Fall was in the air.

Attachments

• P1060350.jpg
    P1060350.jpg
    876.9 KB · Views: 6
I sang at a funeral today. It was for a man in my church whom I have known for many years. As I listened to the tributes by friends and family, it struck me how little we all truly know about each other. I think I should ask more questions.

I'm going to a Biker funeral on Tuesday. There will be over two hundred harley's there, because Rick was a past Director of the Local HOG group. RIP Rick...my little buddy!

Today I watched the Packers win...which was a good thing, because the QB,(Aaron Rodgers), is from a local town near Shasta Lake CA...Chico. I also re-mounted the closet doors in the bedroom, (new paint on the doors)...Plus, I made soup...with the last of the zucchini from our garden.

Earlier today, I cleaned the Pool...
SANY0173.jpg

Test drove a 6,000 pound behemoth last night. Today I brewed a batch of Scottish light ale, chased kids and dogs until I went nuts, fought with DW, and then took the kids to my in-laws for dinner with their cousins.

Today is goof-off day. Mr B caught a cold and developed severe chest congestion over the past 2 days. We were up half the night dealing with his extreme coughing spells. After a hefty dose of cough syrup and 2 Mucinex, he managed to get some sleep and dutifully went off to class today. Tough guy indeed! :cool:

I have some homemade chicken and rice soup all ready for him when he returns. The tough part is getting him to rest. :nonono:

No cold symptoms for me...so far so good. :D

Today is goof-off day. Mr B caught a cold and developed severe chest congestion over the past 2 days. We were up half the night dealing with his extreme coughing spells. After a hefty dose of cough syrup and 2 Mucinex, he managed to get some sleep and dutifully went off to class today. Tough guy indeed! :cool:

I have some homemade chicken and rice soup all ready for him when he returns. The tough part is getting him to rest. :nonono:

No cold symptoms for me...so far so good. :D

I made a big batch of chicken and rice soup yesterday. I have some kind of crud too.

I made a big batch of chicken and rice soup yesterday. I have some kind of crud too.
This particular bug went from sore throat Sat night to full blown severe chest congestion in 24 hours. I'm surprised I don't have the symptoms yet, but I know it is inevitable. :( I have a bit of a sinus headache, but that's it.

Hope you feel better soon. :flowers:

This particular bug went from sore throat Sat night to full blown severe chest congestion in 24 hours. I'm surprised I don't have the symptoms yet, but I know it is inevitable. :( I have a bit of a sinus headache, but that's it.

Hope you feel better soon. :flowers:

we had a bug like that come through in Aug/Sept. It lingered in me for 3+ weeks. For the kids it was a regular cold. Hope it is not what I had.

Flu shots! $25 each at a pharmacy with a five-minute wait.

We also bought wall sconces for the familyroom. Having three Houston lighting companies with showrooms is a lot easier than doing it over the Internet, because everyone seems to think that their light has to have some weird custom bulb or fitting.

We had a choice of paying $150 shipping for five sconces (@ $67) or of packing them back to Hawaii in our well-padded luggage. Wish us luck...

brewer12345 said:
Test drove a 6,000 pound behemoth last night. Today I brewed a batch of Scottish light ale, chased kids and dogs until I went nuts, fought with DW, and then took the kids to my in-laws for dinner with their cousins.

I'm brewing a Scottish ale in a couple of weeks (three floyds Robert the Bruce clone). Was your fight with DW related to your brewing escapades?

I'm brewing a Scottish ale in a couple of weeks (three floyds Robert the Bruce clone). Was your fight with DW related to your brewing escapades?

No, related to me being overscheduled and having a never declining to do list, even while I am trying to brew.

With da kine shipping prices the occasional mainland vacay with some extra luggage room could be almost money making.
Big-time. AirFareWatchDog.com is your friend. It's even more profitable when you're lugging things home to Hawaii from Bangkok.

The best advantage of Houston's lighting stores is that the population is big enough to support these huge warehouses of displays. We wouldn't have been able to find this sconce through an Internet search, and it still took us over two hours to physically survey the choices. Honolulu just doesn't have the customer critical mass to support that kind of inventory.

Went to doc yesterday and got my annual physical with flu shot. I was there when the doors opened(walk in clinic) and was the 3rd one to sign in. But still took 2 hours to get out of there. It was all covered under BCBS's wellness benefit and cost nothing. Other than a [-]finger[/-] twinge up the a$$. :blush:

Going to be another beautiful day so headed to the golf course.

Went out sailing off Oceanside yesterday, nice day, very calm, light air, and saw a large group of Pacific white-sided dolphin working a big school of some kind of fish. Lots of birds getting in on the action. A fair amount of seals around too. All in all, a pleasant day on the water.

W*rked.

It is awful to relate, but I am starting to take every new project personally. Physically I'm here, mentally I'm in the RV. Sigh.....

Went to doc yesterday and got my annual physical with flu shot. I was there when the doors opened(walk in clinic) and was the 3rd one to sign in. But still took 2 hours to get out of there. It was all covered under BCBS's wellness benefit and cost nothing. Other than a [-]finger[/-] twinge up the a$$. :blush:

Going to be another beautiful day so headed to the golf course.

Hit 'em long and straight!

Don't let that finger wag make your waggle wiggle.

Remember, "Be the ball....na, na, na, na, na, na, na."

Busy the last few days. Sunday was going with DW to a kid's birthday party at a "bouncy place" that has huge inflatable slides and such for her nephew's kids to play on. The photos I took turned out great. Burned DVD's to send to respective grandparents.

Monday and Tuesday were photography classes in the AM and work in the PM.

Eight hours flying from Houston to Oahu.

The good news is that we didn't have to go through SFO or LAX.

The not-so-good news is that we had the same flight crew as last week. Their performance was unforgettable, and I'm pretty sure they remembered me too...

Five of six sconces survived the trip. Luckily we only needed five and the sixth one was my $67 suitcase insurance against the store's $150 shipping fees.

The contractors busted out a huge volume of work while we were gone, and we can see that this is all going to end well! Maybe we should just go find a Napili Bay condo and wait for them to call us when they're finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom